OT Stripey's last visit to the vet

Old July 15th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Stripey's last visit to the vet

It is time.
While she still has some small comfort in life and is not a little
furry ball of misery.

The thyroid meds are not helping, and she is nothing but a furry
skeleton. She has forgotten how to use the litter box, her grooming
is down, her teeth are paining her so that she eats ever so carefully.
Last winter when she still had a bit of flesh on her she had the most
dreadful time of getting around. We bought her a heating pad of her
very own and that seemed to help, but with the state she is in I don't
know as she could stand another cold season.

DH went with kiri, Stripey is getting her last shot right about now.
It is just time.

NightMist
sad
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Old July 15th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sorry Nightmist. It is such a sad time, when we have to help our loved
pets out of their pain and suffering.
..
In message , NightMist
writes
It is time.
While she still has some small comfort in life and is not a little
furry ball of misery.

The thyroid meds are not helping, and she is nothing but a furry
skeleton. She has forgotten how to use the litter box, her grooming
is down, her teeth are paining her so that she eats ever so carefully.
Last winter when she still had a bit of flesh on her she had the most
dreadful time of getting around. We bought her a heating pad of her
very own and that seemed to help, but with the state she is in I don't
know as she could stand another cold season.

DH went with kiri, Stripey is getting her last shot right about now.
It is just time.

NightMist
sad

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 15th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that Stripey will no longer be in pain.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 15th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH

So sorry about Stripey. One of the worst feelings in the world.
((hug))

Denise

Old July 15th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

(((((( Nightmist ))))))) I will keep you and yours in my thoughts
these next few days. I know how hard this is, no matter how necessary
and inevitable.

Sunny
Old July 15th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

So sorry - I've been through that with dear furry family members, too,
but when it's time, it's the kindest thing you can do for them.

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:02:30 GMT, (NightMist)
wrote:

It is time.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more -
http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old July 16th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Everyone}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
You love her enough to let her go. It's all she could ask for.
--
Debi

Education is when you read the instructions. Experience is what you get when
you don't.

Old July 16th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Dammit- but this is one of the most difficult things a person has to do.
I'm so, so sorry. May Stripey make many new friends at Rainbow Bridge while
waiting for you to come for her.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 16th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

So sorry, Nightmist! Gentle hugs on the way, Dora and Kay-Cee send purrs
and cuddles for comfort.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green