2007-08 RCTQ BOM top put together!

Old June 14th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Default 2007-08 RCTQ BOM top put together!

My daughter, Gray Soufflé (the QI,) and I worked together and decided
on this layout for my 2007-2008 BOM quilt. One of the extra appliquéd
blocks, for which I inadvertently printed the pattern for the flowers
too small, will become the label for the back.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46414451vnAEyk

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46414451pQViBA

It gets put away for a while so that I can think about the quilting,
and can go visit my mom in NC. I figure I still have six months
before Christmas, right?

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old June 14th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 14th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

WOW!!! I am SO impressed.

Color choices to layout, absolutely stunning!

Marilyn
in still rainy
Alberta, Canada

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" wrote in
message ...

Old June 14th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Enjoyed seeing Gray too. I was sitting
here saying "Ohhhhhhh..".. and "ohhhhhhh" and Yogi came over and put himself
belly-up beside me. He naturally thought that I was admiring him and
thought I might like to rub his belly. Everything is about him. Polly

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" wrote My daughter, Gray Soufflé (the QI,)

Old June 14th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

That is a gorgeous quilt!

--
Debi

Education is when you read the instructions. Experience is what you get when
you don't.

Old June 14th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

WAIT!
STOP!
HOLD IT!
I LOVE it on point!
Just look at pix # 2 to see what I'm talking about.
It gives the whole quilt so much more 'movement' for lack of better
terminology--(I'm still fighting 'car/jet lag')

Now, I'll go read the rest of the comments

Butterfly (Who is holding her tongue on your sending it to me-- to play
with)

Old June 14th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Wonderful Carole. Perfect setting for all of those lovely blocks! I am sure
you never would have managed it without your 2 helpers! lol. Enjoy your
visit with your mum.
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old June 14th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Yeah, yeah - I KNOW...but I'd already made all the sashings and
cornerstones and had figured out the math to make it the right size so
I took the easy way out and decided NOT to put it on point. I agree
that it would've been striking, but it's not gonna' happen on this
quilt! It is sewn together and it will stay that way.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:05:43 -0700, "Butterflywings"
wrote:

WAIT!
STOP!
HOLD IT!
I LOVE it on point!

Old June 14th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Thanks, everyone (even Butterfly with the great idea of setting it on
point! ) for your nice comments.

Now I'm puzzling over how to quilt what is basically a sampler quilt
with some pieced blocks and some blocks with pretty large appliqué. It
is NOT going to a long-armer, 'cause I can't afford it. I'm fairly
comfortable with free-motion, even on a big quilt, but it's WHERE to
put WHAT KIND of motifs, whether or not to quilt over the appliqué
(some of which is large enough to need it, I think) and pesky little
matters like that!

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle

RCTQ BOM 2007 FOR OCTOBER at RCTQ Website Kay Ahr[_2_] Quilting 0 November 6th 07 03:55 AM
RCTQ BOM 2007 Elly[_2_] Quilting 26 October 28th 07 04:54 PM
RCTQ BOM for 2006-2007 Dannielle Quilting 23 April 2nd 07 04:50 AM
RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM - January 2007 Dannielle Quilting 13 December 26th 06 05:23 PM
2006-2007 RCTQ BOM Dannielle Quilting 12 March 14th 06 01:53 AM