Charity Quilts and/or Wal-Mart

Old May 29th 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
mrsb

Default Charity Quilts and/or Wal-Mart

How does one find a place to donate Charity Quilts?

I had nothing to do (?) so I made a bunch (8) of quilts from scraps. Now I'd
like to donate them. How do I find a place to give them?

I have enough fabric for 10 more.

Any ideas?

Oh, and BTW, Wal-Mart is liquidating their fabric. All is not the best
quality, but if it's the only game in town and is 75% off...

Donna in MI

Old May 29th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Project Linus is one. Check with local care centers and VA hospitals for
wheelchair lap quilts. Local child protective dept. Those are just a few.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old May 30th 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904

Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community"mrsb" wrote in message

How does one find a place to donate Charity Quilts?

I had nothing to do (?) so I made a bunch (8) of quilts from scraps. Now
I'd like to donate them. How do I find a place to give them?

I have enough fabric for 10 more.

Any ideas?

Oh, and BTW, Wal-Mart is liquidating their fabric. All is not the best
quality, but if it's the only game in town and is 75% off...

Donna in MI- Hide quoted text -

Call your local quilt store. LQS are often the drop off point for
charity quilts and/or may know the contact person.
joan
Old May 30th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Our local Janome dealer is a drop off point- they are the only sewing
machine dealer/store for many miles and no LQS around here. Bless you for
making quilts for others, Donna.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 30th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

I donate children's quilts to Red Cross -- they respond to so many
situations where families have lost everything. Also, foster care
agencies typically accept donated quilts and so do most children's
hospitals. So many babies in need of a warm quilt made with love.
Thank you for making quilts for them.

Hugs,
Sunny
Old May 30th 09, 06:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ask the Sheriff. Better yet - ask the Sheriff's secretary - who may be
titled his administrative assistant or I don't have a clue what title takes
the place of a decent salary these days. There may be a need for hug quilts
with the law officers to wrap around folks who've been in a car accident or
fire or assault. Could be a very needy domestic violence shelter that would
love to have some quilts. Polly

Old May 30th 09, 06:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megan Zurawicz[_2_]

Victory Junction Gang Camp

http://www.victoryjunction.org/ about the camp

http://www.victoryjunction.org/donat...ng_program.php about the quilts

--pig

Old May 30th 09, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

Here's a list:
http://www.quilt.com/MiscQuilting/CharityQuilting.html
though I don't know how up-to-date it is.

If there is a battered women's shelter in your town you could inquire
about donations. In our community it's called A Safe Place and
includes a transitional living facility for women and their
children.

Nann

Old May 30th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Call up the fire department/ police/ rescue service. They often keep
quilts and/or comfort bears in the car for children suffering
emotional trauma.
Roberta in D

On Fri, 29 May 2009 18:16:48 -0400, "mrsb"
wrote:

How does one find a place to donate Charity Quilts?

I had nothing to do (?) so I made a bunch (8) of quilts from scraps. Now I'd
like to donate them. How do I find a place to give them?

I have enough fabric for 10 more.

Any ideas?

Oh, and BTW, Wal-Mart is liquidating their fabric. All is not the best
quality, but if it's the only game in town and is 75% off...

Donna in MI

Charity Shop Quilts - What would you do? Sally Swindells Quilting 5 November 27th 08 01:41 AM
Wal-Mart Changes Cow Whisperer Needlework 6 February 11th 07 07:18 AM
Wal-Mart Yarn Forward Yarn 15 February 27th 06 12:51 PM
charity quilts ?s.... Kellie J. Berger Quilting 7 January 6th 05 05:06 PM
charity quilts Irrational Number Quilting 17 August 30th 04 02:03 AM