What is your current project?

Old September 26th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default What is your current project?

Pat has a precious darling kitten reserved for adoption into her family in
just a few weeks. Okay, Pat, can you get this quilt done in time for
Misty's first baby photos? It would be so cool if she were pictured in the
magazine, too!!!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
Pat, please give us a heads up when the magazine with this tiny (for
some us) work of art hits the newsagents, as I would like to get a copy.

Thanks Lizzy. I'll make a note to do so. It will be Patchwork and
Quilting - probably next summer now g

Sounds like that issue will be worth getting for the free magnifying
glass they'll have to include.

You have GOT to find a kitten to pose on it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk
====
Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739
557
CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic
fonts

Old September 26th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

One Pat to another ... I suggest you send some of your work off to the USA,
Canada, Australia ... you know, the former colonies!! We'd like to see it,
too, I'm sure.
Grins,
PAT in Virginia

"Patti" wrote in message
British Patchwork & Quilting magazine.
Thanks Roberta.
I don't usually know very far ahead of time - sometimes when the extra
copy plops on to the doormat!
.
In message , Roberta
writes
Which magazine? You must let us know when your article appears!
Roberta in D

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old September 26th 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Susan:
Will you be stopping in Virginia on the way to Florida? Don't forget, I am
near Williamsburg.
PAT

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
I've been quilting tops that I made last winter in Florida.
I also have a split 9-patch quilt ready to layer and quilt. Just
finished
some angel Christmas ornaments for a good friend (she wanted to make them,
but her sewing skills aren't accurate enough yet, and she always has more
projects than time!) I'm also planning some projects for my Florida
quilting group - we leave in about a month.
I've made a couple of small items for my guild, in case they are planning
small quilt auction as a fund raiser over the winter. They don't announce
the plans until the October meeting!
I have some "I Spy" type of blocks that I pieced early in the summer that
need a home......

Old September 26th 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks Jack!
Funnily enough we hope to have a kitten joining us in two weeks. I
hadn't though of her possibilities as a model, but she is the one
destined to be assiduously QI trained, so it might be a great start to
her career!
..
In message , Jack Campin -
bogus address writes

Old September 26th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well, I can try to hurry a bit! It would be lovely wouldn't it.
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes

Old September 26th 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Do you know, that has never occurred to me. (I'm a bit slow on the
uptake sometimes!) The P&Q magazine I write for is a Traplet magazine,
so I assume the others of the same title are, too? Might be something
worth thinking about indeed. However, it will have to wait until next
year, as I have a 'series' to write for them over the winter!
Plenty to do - but *No* deadline g

In message , Pat in Virginia
writes

Old September 26th 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's a truly heartfelt and wonderful thing to do, Taria.
..
In message , Taria
writes
I am trying to finish a quilt top that is made of my bil's shirts.
It took awhile for sil to go through the shirts and get them to me.
He passed almost 2 years ago but she is still grieving with a heavy
heart. Anyway I almost have the top finished and hope to get quilting
on it soon. It is hourglass type blocks. Boy has it been a tough
project for me. I know she will appreciate it.
Taria

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 26th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens[_2_]

I still have another border to add, but will get a picture of it ASAP.
Don't know whether I'll quilt it before we head south, or take it with me to
complete over the winter.

--
Susan
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Oh my, wow. Susan, that's so beautiful. I love Baltimores and yours is
such a treasure. Polly

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
I just finished my "Carolina Crossroads" quilt - made the top, minus
borders
while in Florida last winter, but had to wait to do the borders, backing
and
binding from my stash in Canada. I'm trying to limit my fabric

purchases
absolutely have to have items!
I also finished all the hand appliqué on my Baltimore Blues quilt
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/block_of_the_month.htm
I had a blue and yellow floral stripe fabric waiting for a home, so I

used
it to make the border. Now I am trying to decide if I want to make it
larger, or just finish it the size it is.....
--
Susan
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston
"marigold" wrote in message
Well, I'm still working on the borders for my "orange crush" mystery
quilt
that grew. The borders are all pieced now, I just have to get them sewn

on.
That involves rearranging my living room to set up a sewing table in

there.
My current sewing space has about 10 inches behind my machine and about
18
inches to the left of the needle. Definitely not enough space to

manuever
queen/king size top in. DH goes back to work tomorrow, so hopefully

will
get
to it then.
I've done this in a quilt-in-sections-as-you-go-style. I'm planning to
add
each border (4 of them) stitching thru all three layers, then go back

and
add more quilting in each one.

At the same time I am still putting 4 patches together as my

leader/ender
project for the next quilt. It's another Bonnie Hunter scrappy pattern
(quiltville.com) called Cathedral Stars, which I'm making bigger. Half

of
the blocks are done and I have about 160 of the 245 4-patches done for
the
second type blocks.

Then I will start on my project that is still looking to be 16 patches

with
snowballs. I'm gong to put a couple of blocks together and if it looks
promising I'm going to prepare a pile of pieces to sew leader/ender

style
while I finish piecing the Cathedral Stars.

It's taken me all summer to get the Orange Crush one to this stage. I'd
really like to get it done and on my bed as the colors are perfect for

fall.

I also have a flannel snowman top that needs one last border piece sewn
on
and then quilted. I don't have the backing or batting for it yet, but I

may
get a chance to head for a city by myself on Friday, and will add that

my
shopping list. I'd like to have that on the bed for Dec 1.

How's that for setting deadlines??? VBG

My list goes on but thats all I'm hoping to work on for the next few

months.

Marilyn
in beautiful, autumn colored, Alberta, Canada

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out

what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging

featuring
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at

MAQF
in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics.
(Some
of the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia

Old September 26th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens[_2_]

We drive through Virginia, but usually stay on I-81 all the way past
Roanoke. Then turn south on I-77 so I can visit Mary Jo's in Gastonia on
the way!
Last spring's visit to Williamsburg was a special occasion - we try to avoid
travelling on I-95 as much as possible!
DH usually plans the trip home, including a couple of stops along the way,
so maybe in the spring.....

Old September 26th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Default what are you working on?

ok, you asked.....here goes....

i have 2 table runners layered, ready for FM quilting.

Grandmother's sample blocks, waiting to be framed for family members'
Christmas gifts...i could do WUH's i suppose....

2 lap size quilt tops, 7 or 8 full sized tops, 2 queen and 1 king size
tops done, have to be sandwiched and quilted. (could be more, i lost
count....and two of them HAVE TO be done by Halloween....i have to
send them home w/DS to California as gifts)

3 christmas quilt tops to be sandwiched and quilted. one of them
really diserves to be hand done...

a BOM for a LQS in progress....have to PP the borders and put all the
blocks together.(this is a Karen K Stone pattern)

a Block swap full size quilt top on the design wall...just waiting for
the last block from another participant. then i can find background/
sashing fabric to use in it, and put that together and quilt it.

a flannell quilt my DD made years ago, needs to be sandwiched, tied
and bound.

assorted alterations on DD's jeans/pants, etc.

and i have to help paint DD's room this weekend.....

i am not buying fabric at all right now...unless it's for backing.
i REALLY need to finish some of this stuff......

So many quilts...so little time....

amy in CNY ----a little overwhelmed now that i listed
everything.......=P

Current Project Donna Needlework 30 September 10th 07 06:47 PM
Current project Valerie Beads 25 August 23rd 07 02:06 AM
Thank you and about my current project Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 October 29th 05 09:59 AM
What is your current project? Marisa Cappetta Beads 17 August 18th 05 11:46 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM