Batiks Plus, and a question

Old March 7th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default Batiks Plus, and a question

Lovely, lovely, lovely! It's been a long dry spell, but I am ironing a
bunch of new batiks I just bought from Batiks Plus. They got here so fast!
But all my yards are 38 inches. When did they start that? Their web site
still proclaims to be the home of the 40 inch yard. Now, they did throw in
some free fat quarters, and mind you I am not kicking free batik fat
quarters. Not at all. I am still delighted with this place, and will
continue to do business. I just didn't know they had changed. Someone
should tell the web site techie guy person so the change will be known.
That's all for me! Back to my happy ironing now! : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......

Old March 7th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Dagnabit, Karen!! Are you *trying* to put me in the poor-house?????

I'm already in "trouble" for my last binge!!!

--
Connie :-)
(off to look up Batiks Plus and do some damage to my credit cards!!)

Old March 7th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

A 38" yard is still better than what I get at my local quilt shop -- where
I"m lucky to get 36" on grain!

Now I have to go check out a new online shop!!

--
Kate in MI

Old March 7th 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Have you ever noticed how the width of the fabric has been shrinking
over the years. When I was a young girl, fabric was 36 inches wide,
then it jumped to 45. Slowly but surely it is going back to 36
inches. I haven't found any true 45 inch fabric in years. Its been
44/45, then 43/44 and now I am finding a lot of 42 inch.

I bought a fabric calculator about a year ago and carry it with me
every time I buy fabric. It figures yardage on "40" inch wide
fabric. 60 inch wide fabric is becoming hard to find also. Most is
now 56/58 inches wide. Real bummer.

When buying FQ, are you really getting a true FQ???????

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old March 7th 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
threads

On Mar 7, 4:04 am, "Kate T." wrote:
Have you ever noticed how the width of the fabric has been shrinking
over the years. When I was a young girl, fabric was 36 inches wide,
then it jumped to 45. Slowly but surely it is going back to 36
inches. I haven't found any true 45 inch fabric in years. Its been
44/45, then 43/44 and now I am finding a lot of 42 inch.

I bought a fabric calculator about a year ago and carry it with me
every time I buy fabric. It figures yardage on "40" inch wide
fabric. 60 inch wide fabric is becoming hard to find also. Most is
now 56/58 inches wide. Real bummer.

When buying FQ, are you really getting a true FQ???????

Kate T. South Mississippi

Karen,

That is great news, I have been wanting to order from them but didn't
know if it was a good site to order from.

The quilt shops around here are also very scant on their yard cuts.
After squaring up the fabric you are lucky to have 34". Now
Shipshewana, IN and Tecumseh, MI are much better, there is a wee bit
to square up with. The little shops south of me are horrible. I
would go there more but their cutting is so bad I never actually get a
yard of fabric. They have great fabric and are really nice people so
it is a real shame.

Width on fabric is a whole 'nother factor. I have bought a few batiks
that were really skinny, very surprised but since I am a Baticaholic I
will not make it an issue.....yet. :-)

Well, I guess I had better check out the Batiks Plus
site.........there must be some Batiks I don't have.

Piece,

Marsha in nw, OH
Old March 7th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

On Mar 6, 8:07*pm, "SewVeryCreative"
wrote:
Dagnabit, Karen!! Are you *trying* to put me in the poor-house?????

I'm already in "trouble" for my last binge!!!

--
Connie :-)

Tell me about it!! Karen emailed me about what I might possible want
from the site so that we could share the shipping!! Now I'm 60.00
poorer, and that doesn't count the shipping!!!

Musicmaker
Old March 7th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

On Mar 7, 3:04*am, "Kate T." wrote:
Have you ever noticed how the width of the fabric has been shrinking
over the years. *When I was a young girl, fabric was 36 inches wide,
then it jumped to 45. *Slowly but surely it is going back to 36
inches. *I haven't found any true 45 inch fabric in years. *Its been
44/45, then 43/44 and now I am finding a lot of 42 inch.

...When buying FQ, are you really getting a true FQ???????

Kate T. *South Mississippi

Haven't noticed - don't measure. Seems like a workable approach to
me . (: Musicmaker

Old March 7th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

But you're $60 worth of fabric RICHER!!!

*sigh*
At least, that's along the lines of what I'll be telling hubby when he sees
our credit card bill!!!

Plan "B" is to blame it ALL on Karen ...

--
Connie :-)

Old March 7th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

And it's great insulation for your house- remind your hubby of the savings
on your heating bill!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 7th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

LOL, that's perfect!! Thanks!!

Whilst hubby doesn't begrudge me, for some reason I *do* feel the need to
justify my addiction! I usually tell him the fabric has a "street value" of
such-and-such, but that I didn't pay a penny over 40% of that value ... that
usually makes him feel better with the individual purchases ... but once he
totals it up in his head, or sees how MUCH fabric I have in the future (he
tries, I think, NOT to look -- ignorance is bliss, I guess!!), your
rationalization will come in handy!!!

One of my best friends used to hide her fabric for a couple of months in her
clothes closet ... then, when her hubby would see her using it later in a
project and ask her if she bought new fabric (she was supposed to be using
up her considerable stash rather than buy MORE), she'd say "This fabric?
I've had it for months!" and she didn't feel that she was lying (so she
didn't feel so bad). I admit, I've done that a time or two ...

--
Connie :-)
(Doesn't even WANT to know how much I've spent on fabric this year alone!!!)

Question about batiks Trixie Quilting 13 August 31st 06 03:35 AM
Batiks Betty in Wi Quilting 19 April 1st 06 06:25 PM
Batiks maryd Quilting 22 June 26th 05 12:43 PM
Batiks Deborah Lieuallen Quilting 3 October 9th 04 07:42 AM
Batiks MBQUILTS2 Quilting 0 July 4th 04 03:18 AM