I have lost...

Old April 15th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default I have lost...

I think we should rename you..."The Cow Whisperer" or Donna St. Cowsaver
:-) Interesting stories!
I can just picture an annoyed farmer being called about his stuck cow.
Nosey neighbor lady.
KJ

"Donna973" wrote in message
I found a cow once. Unfortunately I found it giving birth outside my
bedroom window (the cow, not me, you smart alecks!). Not something you
want to wake up to. Mama and baby were fine and we had our friendly farmer
neighbor show them the way back home.

Another time I found a little yearling cow (no idea what they're called)
stuck in a tree. Somehow it had gotten it's head stuck into the fork of a
tree and couldn't back out. I don't know how long the little guy was
there before I found him. He was on his own property, just over the fence
from ours. I couldn't get him out and was afraid he'd break his neck.
Cow wrangling is not a skill I have. So I went to find my friendly farmer
neighbor (not his cow), but he wasn't home, so I went to try to find the
owner of said cow. He wasn't living on the property at the time, but
luckily I tracked him down. He was definitely not a friendly farmer. He
didn't believe me when I told him about his little cow stuck in the tree.
I finally convinced him (if I hadn't been so worried about the cow, I
would have told him exactly what I thought of his attitude), and he and
his worker buddy grudgingly followed me to the cow. They had to saw the
tree limb off to free the cow, and he appeared to be fine, scampering off
to find the rest of the herd.
--
Donna973
There is no MAYBE in my reply address

"NightMist" wrote in message
I lost a cow once.
The neighbor lady found it in her apple orchard and let me know where
it was. Fortunately I got it home before the parental units got home.
Goats are much easier to lose.

NightMist

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:49:34 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Could the binding be folded inside the folds of the quilt? That's where
found mine. I have lost the cows. I have some cow print somewhere.
'Big'
cow print. I wanted to put a black and white kitty on my latest baby
quilt.
The quilt had to settle for a tiger-striped kitty. Since I'm a
card-carrying fuss budget about putting things away carefully, I just
can't
imagine where the cows have wandered off to. Polly

Old April 16th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Quick, every one of you just go check the microwave. I understand it hides
things quite frequently.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 16th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Quick, every one of you just go check the microwave. I understand it hides
things quite frequently.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Nothing in there but the spouse's coffee.

-georg
Old April 16th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Georg wrote:
Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:

Quick, every one of you just go check the microwave. I understand it
hides
things quite frequently.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Nothing in there but the spouse's coffee.

Has it grown a long gray beard yet? The coffee I meant, not the spouse...
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 16th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate Dicey wrote:
Georg wrote:
Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:

Quick, every one of you just go check the microwave. I understand it
hides
things quite frequently.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Nothing in there but the spouse's coffee.

Has it grown a long gray beard yet? The coffee I meant, not the spouse...

Naw, I threw it out before it got as furry as he is. He has a lovely
goatee instead of the long full gray beard. Suffice the coffee was stone
cold and could have permanently etched the mug if it wasn't etched already.

-georg
Old April 16th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Georg wrote:

Naw, I threw it out before it got as furry as he is. He has a lovely
goatee instead of the long full gray beard. Suffice the coffee was stone
cold and could have permanently etched the mug if it wasn't etched already.

-georg

It's usually me that hides the mug of tea/coffee/hot chocolate (dregs
only, mind!) until it grows a beard or gives off a green glow...

In the years I have know him, DH's beard has gone from almost all black
to almost all white, his hair has receeded in Shakespearean manner, but
his waistline has remained almost exactly the same!
Old April 16th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate Dicey wrote:
...a length of fabric. 10m long, 60+ inches wide, heavy
furnishing stuff that is a greenish blue denimy sort of colour on one
side and black on the other. Anyone seen it?

If it's gone feral, I shall swear!

There's nothing to do but go buy more. It will then magically appear.
I lost my 27mm rotary cutter last year. I looked and looked for that thing
and couldn't find it anywhere. Finally broke down and bought a new one. Sure
enough I found the old one in my car's glove box. What it was doing in there
I have no idea. lol
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old April 16th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jeri wrote:

Kate Dicey wrote:

...a length of fabric. 10m long, 60+ inches wide, heavy
furnishing stuff that is a greenish blue denimy sort of colour on one
side and black on the other. Anyone seen it?

If it's gone feral, I shall swear!

There's nothing to do but go buy more. It will then magically appear.
I lost my 27mm rotary cutter last year. I looked and looked for that thing
and couldn't find it anywhere. Finally broke down and bought a new one. Sure
enough I found the old one in my car's glove box. What it was doing in there
I have no idea. lol

I did that with a loop turner... The lost one had been kidnapped by the
coat hangers and they were holding it to ransom! I found it in the
bottom of their box.

Old April 17th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good grief ... I sure hope that jar was
closed and had never been opened!
PAT

witchystitcher wrote:
I lost a Costco sized jar of gefilte fish! Let me know if you find it
while you are looking for your fabric!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old April 17th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Maybe your cow fabric is heading to Northern
Virginia, to join Kris's Cow-A-Bunga Hug Quilt!
PAT

Polly Esther wrote:

Could the binding be folded inside the folds of the quilt? That's where I
found mine. I have lost the cows. I have some cow print somewhere. 'Big'
cow print. I wanted to put a black and white kitty on my latest baby quilt.
The quilt had to settle for a tiger-striped kitty. Since I'm a
card-carrying fuss budget about putting things away carefully, I just can't
imagine where the cows have wandered off to. Polly

Estelle Gallagher wrote:

I've lost the binding for a quilt that has to be packed in my suitcase
this week to take to sil in Virginia. !

Lost my glasses Paulette Quilting 36 July 16th 05 04:20 PM
Have I lost it? starlia Beads 22 October 21st 04 10:30 AM
Lost wax casting of gold Peter Moreton Jewelry 3 December 20th 03 03:04 AM
HELP!! CAN ANYONE HELP WITH LOST PART OF A PATTERN? Sue Needlework 1 October 28th 03 05:30 PM
lost hug quilt Marijke Quilting 13 July 13th 03 07:25 AM