What type of hand cutter is best for poor hand strength - mom really doesn't like pistol grip - Any Suggestions?

Old September 7th 03, 11:19 PM
Animal Lover

Default What type of hand cutter is best for poor hand strength - mom really doesn't like pistol grip - Any Suggestions?

Old September 9th 03, 12:14 AM
G^2

Cutters Mate is good. I have the big one. I don't use it as much as I
should because it is difficult to trace cut through the glass with. The
large hand piece gets in the way of sight. It is also a bother to line
it up each time when making many small cuts on tight curves.

I would look at the TC21 first. It is a hand cutter that uses the crotch
of your thumb for extra force. It can be adjusted to different hand
sizes. Even though I have a TC21, a Thomas grip cutter, a pistol grip
cutter and a cutters mate, I still use the brass pencil grip cutter the
most. I will probably pay with worse carple than I already have, but it
still the easiest for me. It would not be as easy if you do not have
strong hands / fingers.

Keep them all vertical and don't use too much force.

Regards,
G^2

"C Ryman" wrote in
:

I've heard that the Cutter's Mate is good for that problem.
They are expensive and I've never tried one.

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...sid=125867&Vie
wCAT=1685&startRow=1&returnTo=itemList

Old September 9th 03, 03:28 AM
Moonraker

"G^2" wrote in message
Cutters Mate is good. I have the big one. I don't use it as much as I
should because it is difficult to trace cut through the glass with. The
large hand piece gets in the way of sight. It is also a bother to line
it up each time when making many small cuts on tight curves.

I would look at the TC21 first. It is a hand cutter that uses the crotch
of your thumb for extra force. It can be adjusted to different hand
sizes. Even though I have a TC21, a Thomas grip cutter, a pistol grip
cutter and a cutters mate, I still use the brass pencil grip cutter the
most. I will probably pay with worse carple than I already have, but it
still the easiest for me. It would not be as easy if you do not have
strong hands / fingers.

Keep them all vertical and don't use too much force.

Regards,
G^2

Glenn!!!!!! Where have you been? I was thinking about you this
afternoon, wondering if you were still doing glass. Howisit?

Old September 9th 03, 04:48 PM
JIM SIMMONS

I really like toyo's Tap cutter.
jim

Old September 9th 03, 04:50 PM
JIM SIMMONS

The cutters mate is excellent. You don't have to use hardly any downward pressure, and you grip the cutting head
with all of your hand, not just with a few fingers.
I believe that if I would have had this system a few years ago, I would not have developed carpal tunnel.

Jim

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...urnTo=itemList

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old September 10th 03, 09:14 AM
G^2

Regards,
G^2

Glenn!!!!!! Where have you been? I was thinking about you this
afternoon, wondering if you were still doing glass. Howisit?

Busy Busy. Still doing glass. I have about 10 windows I need to get out
this month. I stay up on the group (lurk). I haven't seen any new
interesting threads, so I have been quiet. Most all the questions and
discussion lately is all re-hash. The FAQ and archives ...

How are you doing?

Regards,
G^2

Old September 10th 03, 02:36 PM
Moonraker

"G^2" wrote in message

Regards,
G^2

Glenn!!!!!! Where have you been? I was thinking about you this
afternoon, wondering if you were still doing glass. Howisit?

Busy Busy. Still doing glass. I have about 10 windows I need to get out
this month. I stay up on the group (lurk). I haven't seen any new
interesting threads, so I have been quiet. Most all the questions and
discussion lately is all re-hash. The FAQ and archives ...

How are you doing?

Regards,
G^2

Still doing the repairs and restorations. Got so busy that I have a
two-week backlog right now. You couldn't prove we have a bad economy by MY
business.

How's that young'un?

Old September 11th 03, 02:41 PM
Steve & Susan Wright

I have a cutter that has a ball shape that fits the palm of your hand. the
lenght of the shaft is adjustable. Very comfortable. THe cutter has a flat
that rests on the glass to give the correct angle.
I can't find the case right now to give you the name. Got form Diane's
Rainbow of Glass, San Antionio
Susan

Type of workbench? Charlie Beads 4 December 15th 04 08:58 AM
Barbie type dolls Grandpa Doll Houses 2 June 15th 04 07:04 PM
Hard to type n cry*KDK and STARLIA* Candace Beads 5 May 24th 04 06:54 AM
Type of wood for doll house/components carino Doll Houses 6 May 14th 04 08:03 PM