OT - DH in the hospital, yet, again.

Old March 13th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - DH in the hospital, yet, again.

Well, I am not happy to report that DH has been rushed to the hospital yet
again. He had been home for nearly 2 wks and I was beginning to feel a
little more relaxed in hopes that he would be reasonably O.K. He appeared
to be coming along slow but sure and, "zap", right back down the ladder.
It was another very early morning call to 911 for an ambulance, this
Sunday. This time the Dr. thinks he had a seizure. Talk about feeling
panicky and helpless, but after a CAT scan, there is no apparent brain
damage or hemorrhage. It is strictly the ammonia "overload" in the blood
stream. Asked the Dr how it could happen since I was watching his diet so
closely. Dr said it could have happened even if he (the Dr, himself) had
been living with us.
So now, we (meaning his children and I) don't know what is going to
happen. They started giving him blood today since his hemoglobin was so
low, plus, they are calling in a hematologist to look at his blood makeup,
to see if anything can be done to build up his blood.
Needless to say, he is in "not very good shape" and I am nearly frantic,
trying to hang on to the hope that he will get better. One Dr. says that it
is very serious and he may not make it and another is going to try to get
him on a liver transplant list at Northwestern in Chicago. So I'm not
certain what to think or expect. It would appear that it is not good at
all.
Just passing on the latest and worst that is going on in our world.
Again, all thoughts and prayers offered on his behalf will be greatly
appreciated. I certainly need the strength to get through this with him. I
haven't had any sleep for the last 36 hrs and really feeling down. Its more
60 mile round trips to the hospital. I've got to make it somehow.
Thanks for the previous thoughts and prayers and hoping you have a
couple left for him as well as all of the others in the ng that are having
their trials as well. Wishing good for everyone also.
Marlys in Indiana

--

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts

Old March 13th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marlys, every breathing minute I have will be focused on your DH and you.
My heartfelt prayers are with you and your DH for a quick resolution of this
current episode.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Marlys in Indiana" wrote in message
[...]
:
: --
:
:

Old March 13th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marlys)))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))) I don't know what to say. I have tears reading about this. Sending
lots of positive energy your way. Please remember to take good care of
yourself.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

Old March 13th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hoping for a positive turnaround for DH's health & at the very least,
getting him moved to priority on the organ doner list.

--
Pauline
Northern California

Old March 13th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Golly Marlys how scary. My thoughts and prayers go to you and all your
family. Lately I have seen some real miracles by doctors. I'm hoping
there is one heading your way.
Hugs, TAria

Old March 13th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article Nt3Rf.22051$oL.17324@attbi_s71,
"Marlys in Indiana" wrote:

Well, I am not happy to report that DH has been rushed to the hospital yet
again.

{{{Hugs}}}
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas