Copyright and stealing (ON topic)

Old October 24th 05, 11:54 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT Kathy Applebaum Week!! Copyright and stealing (ON topic)

Now just settle down, you all. Ms. Ragmop takes a short vacation, and you
ladies get all rambunctious! Everyone just eat some chocolate until you calm
down. Might take a while... *evil grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
To say nothing of her all around good heartedness and generosity! Kathy
once sent me a really goofy Christmas Holiday CD. It was a fun to slip it
into my DS gift pile!

Let's declare this Kathy Applebaum Week!
Kathy, for all you do, this week's for you!

PAT in VA/USA

Taria wrote:

While we are 'tooting' Kathy's horn don't forget she helps
with paint type questions too. She just knows a lot of
helpful stuff.
Taria

Sandy Foster wrote:

I have to echo what Jan has said. Kathy really is incredibly generous
with her knowledge. Some time ago, I asked about some thread colors, and
she went to the trouble of sending me the information I needed --
and that's not mentioning the information she's also shared with me
about Mac/Palm stuff. Thanks, Kathy!
And, BTW, you do incredible quilting, Kathy!

Old October 25th 05, 12:02 AM
Taria

Default Copyright and stealing (ON topic)

Wendy is the one with the chocolate tempering machine.
She needs to make RCTQ chocolate especailly for the
group.
Taria

KJ wrote:
Chuckle. So just generic chocolate???

"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...

For God's sakes, PLEASE, no one bring copyrighted chocolate to the
show! I'll have to steal it.

There, does that put us back on topic? LOL

Hugs and good thoughts,
Tina

Old October 25th 05, 12:23 AM
frood

Spike and Giles have been singing Moses supposes his toes are roses, but
Moses he supposes erroneously (which comes out as a different word each
time!) all day....

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...

"Listpig" wrote in message
And in the policy of Complete Disclosure, a quote swiped from Danny Kaye
in
The Court Jester grinnin and duckin

We are very fond of the chalice from the palace and the flagon with the
dragon...

Old October 25th 05, 01:20 AM
Sandy Foster

In article T1c7f.467710$x96.167054@attbi_s72,
"KJ" wrote:

Yum! Could you fill my glass too? I need a napkin to get the melted
chocolate off my fingers please.
KJ

Absolutely! I brought plenty -- champagne, chocolate *and* napkins! G
But you must be eating the chocolate too slowly if it's melting....

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article t1b7f.9979$vk1.2767@dukeread04,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

To say nothing of her all around good heartedness and generosity!
Kathy once sent me a really goofy Christmas Holiday CD. It was a
fun to slip it into my DS gift pile!

Let's declare this Kathy Applebaum Week!
Kathy, for all you do, this week's for you!

PAT in VA/USA

Absolutely! lifting my glass of champagne and taking a chocolate chaser
with it
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old October 25th 05, 01:22 AM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Sandy Foster wrote:

Wicked indeed! Quilting, tea and muffins all in one book?!? Wow! If only
it weren't appliqué.... g

It had machine applique instructions....would that help?

marcella
Old October 25th 05, 01:22 AM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message

And...if the cute quilts weren't enough, there is a muffin recipe to go
with each pattern. Wicked.

Are you bringing an EZ Bake Oven to the classes with you? *snicker*

Naughty! They are coming to class already baked. Gotta have snack time
you know.

marcella
Old October 25th 05, 01:23 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Tina" wrote:

Thanks so much Sandy - I'm hanging in there just so I make sure I don't
miss you - I can't wait to HUG your neck! LOL

I'm supposed to be off tomorrow, Terri wants me to work. I don't think
I can. I have a Dr.'s appt. in the morning and I will most likely end
up getting steroid shots in my back. Ok, I admit it, I'm too
over-enthusiastic and I have already OVER done it. I can't stand for
four hours tomorrow after getting those steroid shots and I can't miss
getting the steroid shots or I won't be able to make it TO or through
Festival. I just want to cry today. My back hurts so bad and I
refuse, REFUSE to quit or slow down. This is a once in a lifetime
opportunity for me and I just won't let it be taken away.

I will definitely be at work on Thursday, I am scheduled to work the
Market booth right smack dab in the front of Market, selling books,
lanyards, programs, pins, etc. etc. etc. I am scheduled to work 8:30 -
12:30 that day. Then I also work 9 - 12 on Friday and Saturday from 12
- 4 (which I will probably be there about 10 so I can shop for a bit
and meet up with you guys before going on duty.

I just can't wait to meet you! And hopefully, after steroids and
anti-inflammatories and a day off my feet, I will be back to being
"peppy" again! LOL

If anybody finds a good deal on black batting before I get to do any
shopping, PLEASE make a note of the booth and its location so I can go
back and buy it!? Thanks in advance.

Hugs,
Tina

Gosh, Tina! Take it easy! You don't have to do anything but take care of
yourself tomorrow. We want you to be able to enjoy Festival as much as
you've enjoyed Market. G (I've never been to Market -- what a
wonderful thing to have been able to do!)

I'll be looking for you on Thursday at the booth -- don't worry if
you're not feeling peppy -- I'll recognize that gorgeous hair! G

Old October 25th 05, 01:30 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Tina" wrote:

Thanks Kath! I just need the black, believe me! LOL I have a closet
right now, that I open up and batting falls out! But none of it is
black.

Believe it or not, after being there for six days, I STILL haven't
gotten my hands on a show book!

I refuse to BUY one! I'll see what I can find out Thursday morning.

I've had several people tell me, that is the advantage to working the
show. The last day, tear down day, the vendors will be "dumping" stuff
just to keep from having to pack it up and take it back. I can't wait!

Ooooh, lucky you! I'll bet that's really fun! G As for the show book,
you should get one when you pick up your registration materials. Is that
Wednesday for you, as it is for us mere visitors?

Old October 25th 05, 01:42 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

In article ,
Sandy Foster wrote:

Wicked indeed! Quilting, tea and muffins all in one book?!? Wow! If only
it weren't appliqué.... g

It had machine applique instructions....would that help?

marcella

Yes! Thanks -- I'm going to try to look at it, perhaps in Houston in a
few days.

Old October 25th 05, 01:44 AM
D Curtis

Ill make you a deal, you make the muffins, supply the fabric, and I will
applique for you. Mmmmm and if you make popovers ... well.. lets talk.
Di

Sandy Foster wrote:
In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

I'm making banana chocolate chip muffins here. And trying to get this
applique sample done. Oh yes, I had decided to shelve the un-ending
problem project for a while and let the shop have one of the blocks for
the class sample. When I went to the shop she said, oh, there's this
great new book out and you could do something from this instead. It is
fun, I'm just on a bit of a quick schedule now to make it.

The book, for those who like applique is:

Tea in the Garden
by Cynthia Tomaszewski
Martingale & Company publisher