Quilt for a Cure

Old October 27th 04, 10:50 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Default Quilt for a Cure

Hi all! Some of you may have participated in making pink and white
blocks to be made into quilts and auctioned with the proceeds to support
the Susan G. Komen foundation. Others of you may have seen the ads to
make the blocks in various quilting magazines. Well, the quilts and
sets of blocks and done and are starting to be auctioned on e-bay.
Response hasn't been great and some quilters I know over on the
designers list wrote AP&Q magazine to ask about it. The magazine sent a
letter back asking for quilters to help spread the word. New quilts are
up each Monday, so take a peek, perhaps even bid and let your friends
know...they may want to support breast cancer research and get a
wonderful quilt in return.

Here's the letter....

Dear friends of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine,

We are currently in the midst of an incredible opportunity to raise
money for The Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. Our
readers, numerous quilt guilds, and quilt shops have responded to our
plea for help in turning 25,000 quilt blocks into more than 525 finished
quilts. Now it is time to visit www.ebay.com/apqqfc and help us turn
quilts into dollars. In the first two weeks, we've already raised more
than $25,000-imagine what we can do between now and December 31.

Although we have worked with both local and national media, including
coverage on 13 Meredith television stations across the nation, the best
form of publicity is word-of-mouth by quilters. So, tell all of your
friends, quilters or not, to visit www.ebay.com/apqqfc and bid on these
fabulous quilts. Each Monday, 40 new items will be put up for 10-day
auctions. So visit often and bid high!

I sincerely appreciate all of your help in making this the success we
know it can be.

Heidi Kaisand
Executive Editor
American Patchwork & Quilting

happy quilting!
marcella

An evil quilt attacks you ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Quilting 18 September 4th 10 12:55 AM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Janet's Fire {{{Quilt}}} Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 3 May 3rd 04 07:39 PM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM