More Microscope Slide Pendant Questions :-)

Old August 4th 03, 04:16 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default More Microscope Slide Pendant Questions :-)

Here, Tink -- check this out. These will help you hugely!

Tips & Instructions for what you seek!
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/cp.html

Check THIS list out -- for vintage images, instructions for those projects
you're exploring, MO
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/newstuff.html

~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old August 4th 03, 06:43 PM
Deirdre S.

I think the temp needed to melt silver solder might melt the glass or
scorch the collage inside...

You may need the low-temp solder for that reason. And if Tiffany lamps
and windows are held together with it, can it be substandard in some
way?

Deirdre

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:54:28 GMT, "Tink"
wrote:

4) I'm not really happy with the idea of using lead-free plain ol' solder.
What would I need to do this with silver? Keep in mind I have never worked
with silver before in this way. Is there silver solder that looks like (and
you use like) regular solder?

Old August 4th 03, 08:09 PM
Deirdre S.

Silly me! I meant to say it might *crack* the glass. I know it takes a
higher temp to melt glass than to melt silver solder. Just thought it
might not stand up to the torch as well as a soldering iron.

Deirdre