Completed at last!

Old January 16th 05, 03:16 PM
Debi Matlack

Those are great! Math makes me shiver (awful with it) but your quilts make
math look beautiful.
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo everyone
Some of you will have noticed references, over the past couple of years!,
to a set of mathematical quilts I have been making. I have had some great
encouragement from here and I now want to share with you my delight that
it is all done. I delivered the quilts to the organisers of the
exhibition last Monday. DH and I photographed them the day before, and he
has now put them onto their own page in our website. I understand that
colours vary from computer to computer, so they may not be exact to the
fabric, but they are near enough for you to get the effect, I hope. Also,
the one representing the Fibonacci series has a slightly wavy edge! That
is because I quickly pinned back the binding and took the photograph on
the morning of my departure! I sewed down the binding and the hanging
sleeve in the hotel that evening g. I have had the 'Snowflake' quilt -
the centrepiece of this collection on the site for six months, so you may
have seen that one. The other twelve are all just under 24" square
(though they are not all square!). I used a lot of variegated thread (and
self colour thread) for quilting, so most of it is invisible!) That's
funny really, because, although usually I shy away from the quilting, I
actually enjoyed this 'lot' and some of it looks quite pleasing g.
The place to get to the 'mathematicals' on their own is:
www.quik.clara.co.uk/quilts4
Our website as a whole is:
www.quik.clara.co.uk,
and there is a highlighted bit on the home page to get to them. Whatever
you prefer.
If anyone has any question on their construction, or anything, do feel
free to e-mail me. My address is OK at the top here.
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 16th 05, 03:19 PM
maryd

All of them are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

--
Mary
"Patti" wrote in message
[...]
: --
: Best Regards
: pat on the hill

Old January 16th 05, 04:05 PM
hfw

O MY GOSH! Your work is simply MAGNIFICENT! I am speechless.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old January 16th 05, 04:28 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing. The colors really make them outstanding!
Debra in Idaho
Old January 16th 05, 04:34 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Oohh Pat,they are to die for.! Wonderful,beautiful.You are so clever!!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old January 16th 05, 04:54 PM
Chipper

Very beautiful! It's interesting to have a concept pictured. You did a
wonderful job!
chipper

Old January 16th 05, 05:10 PM
Diana Curtis

Lets see.. wow has been used.. stunning was taken... impressive.. yep..
How about.. KeThunk! *thats the sound of me falling off my puter chair.
Those are wonderful, imagine, mixing math with quilts. (cant tell you how
much that hurts my brain) but you did it, and they are so beautiful!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 16th 05, 05:35 PM
Lisa Caryl

Patti,
Your quilts are just breath taking. It's a body of work to be very, very
proud of! Congratulations on completing such a fine project!

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old January 16th 05, 06:01 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Some of you will have noticed references, over the past couple of
years!, to a set of mathematical quilts I have been making. I have had
some great encouragement from here and I now want to share with you my
delight that it is all done.

Pat, I am blown away! These quilts are amazing and well worth the wait
to see them in their finished form. Congratulations on such an
achievement. My favorite is -- not surprisingly -- the Snowflake quilt,
which I can stare at forever, I think. However, I loved Reflective
Symmetry and Penrose Tiling, as well as the quilting (especially) in
Rotational Symmetry. For that matter, the quilting and floral effect in
Spiral Triangles and the color progression in Translucency were
gorgeous, too! sigh I'm hard-pressed to find one I can't rave about!
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1