Test - go ahead and read - you know you want to

Old January 18th 04, 03:08 AM
D&D

You consider that a highlight ? Yuk!

Dee in Oz

"Donna in Idaho wrote
You don't know what's good! One of the highlights of spring around here

is
when we can go pick wild asparagus from the ditchbanks.
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

"Taria" wrote in message
Best asparagus recipe I've ever seen since I don't
like the stuff!
Taria

Donna in Idaho (remove invalid) wrote:

Fit WW pretty good! No points, either!

Old January 18th 04, 03:30 AM
Butterfly

Can't wait until we get the 'garden blocks' set up,then, I will grow my own
: ) LOVE it---we had it growing in the orchard as a kid---I sure miss being
able to pick it when I want it.....
Butterfly (did you know you can eat it raw)

Old January 18th 04, 04:03 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

Yes'm, it's definitely a highlight! Yummy, yummy good! Served with butter
& lemon juice, or stir-fried, or, or . . . .

Old January 18th 04, 04:12 AM
D&D

Yes I have tried it raw ( we have some growing) and still think it is yuk.
DS and DD won't touch it. DH is the only one that eats it here.

Dee in Oz

"Butterfly" wrote

Old January 18th 04, 04:30 AM
frood

Or with No Beef? ;-P

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old January 18th 04, 05:20 AM
Sharon Harper

MMMMMMMm asparagus! Lightly steamed and tossed with a sprinkle of salt,
paremesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old January 18th 04, 05:25 AM
Butterfly

So do I-tried it raw ONCE--twas enuf-just as long as it is not overcooked.
When I'm 'desperate' for some--I will get the 'canned stuff Have DH so well
trained now that he ALWAYS checks out the Fresh veggies to see if there is
any available-AND he makes sure it isn't the 'tuff' stuff : )
with there being so much 'stuff' I can't have --asparagus is quite a treat
; )
Butterfly (got DH a 'bottle of Pickled Asparagus'-- been awhile since I saw
it but I think it had ONE stalk of "Asparagus in Tequila' for his
'collection of odd foods'--has it at work)

Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)" wrote
in message ...

Old January 18th 04, 06:01 PM
NightMist

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:36:08 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

Oh, that's too bad. I just got back from the grocery, and bought some big,
fat lovely ones. Really nice, and worth the price. Spike and Giles are even
excited at the thought of Jr. Asparagus for dinner! Once I started to make
No Beef with Asparagus, only to discover we didn't have any asparagus. So,
we had No Beef with No Asparagus.

No asparagus at my grocery store except in cans or the freezer
section.
*whimper*

Want the recipe?

YES!!!

NightMist

"NightMist" wrote in message
I read "asparagus" and the next thing I knew I was looking at a
suitcase trying to figure out where to fit the clothes alongside the
stash.

Then DH and DGF came along, and when I woke up they were feeding me
hot chocolate (_not_ cocoa) laced with brandy and explaining how I had
bumped my head when I slipped on a stray silk hankie. Didn't explain
the ropes though.....shanghied in my own house!

NightMist
asparaguuuus

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:11:03 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

C'mon over! I just got my gum arabic, you can help me make marshmallows.
I'll make No-Beef and Asparagus.

--

My karma ran over my dogma
Old January 18th 04, 06:15 PM
NightMist

The skinny little young asparagus stalks are wonderful raw.
The big fat old ones definitely need cooked IMHO.

Young asparagus is melt in your mouth tender even when raw.
after the plants are about 5+ years old, they tend to come up tougher.

A lot of old gardeners I have known say that asparagus is not edible
until the plant is at least 7 years old. They are wrong about that,
you can harvest asparagus after 3 years (from seed) but you hurt your
yield by not waiting longer.

NightMist
did I mention that I adore asparagus?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:04:09 GMT, "Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
wrote:

Some veggies I like either raw or cooked. Asparagus I prefer cooked.

--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

.. .