ha**y dancing

Old June 25th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default ha**y dancing

On 6/24/2010 11:18 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
Sue, are you doing her on the 35 ct? Just curious.

Yes. I think that's what made it so darn TEDIOUS. Each letter/word took
SO long!

You're inspiring to
bump up my "Love and Wisdom" sampler - as I had finished the over 1 alpha,
and then ....well, put it aside.

That's exactly what happened to me. I finished a line of the verse and
one alphabet, and then set it aside and never felt inspired to pick it
up again. That'll teach me - never leave in the middle of a tough part!

Glad to offer inspiration and get you over the hurdle with your piece.
Sounds like knee surgery recuperation is the perfect time to dedicate
yourself to getting something *done* (and if not completely done, at
least through an intermediary step).

Can you give us a link to "Love and Wisdom"? Is that by The Drawn
Thread? And wasn't that intended for a particular anniversary? When's
the next "big" anniversary? (Goal-setting helps!)

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 26th 10, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/25/10 5:36 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 6/24/2010 11:18 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
Sue, are you doing her on the 35 ct? Just curious.

Yes. I think that's what made it so darn TEDIOUS. Each letter/word took
SO long!

You're inspiring to
bump up my "Love and Wisdom" sampler - as I had finished the over 1 alpha,
and then ....well, put it aside.

That's exactly what happened to me. I finished a line of the verse and
one alphabet, and then set it aside and never felt inspired to pick it
up again. That'll teach me - never leave in the middle of a tough part!

A good lesson to learn. Though I suspect for me one that keeps on being
re-learned.

Glad to offer inspiration and get you over the hurdle with your piece.
Sounds like knee surgery recuperation is the perfect time to dedicate
yourself to getting something *done* (and if not completely done, at
least through an intermediary step).

True. I'll find out on Monday what the deal is with the original doctor, or
if it's "call the lawyer" time.

Can you give us a link to "Love and Wisdom"? Is that by The Drawn
Thread? And wasn't that intended for a particular anniversary? When's
the next "big" anniversary? (Goal-setting helps!)

Sue

Ah- guilting me, are you? Yes, it's Drawn Thread. I think, though I hate
to admit it, that I was doing it for maybe DH's birthday. The one that I
started for an anniversary, ummmmm, that happened over 3 years ago is "True
Love" - which is definitely much further away from being finished.
Link to "Love and Wisdom"
http://www.drawnthread.com/Chart%20P...andwisdom.html

Link to "The True Love Sampler"
https://www.stitchingbitsandbobs.com...gi?IndigoRose0
TheTrueLoveSampler850

Ach - I feel so guilty.

Ellice

Old June 26th 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default craft ramblings: was ha**y dancing

On 6/26/2010 12:21 AM, Ellice K. wrote:
Ah- guilting me, are you? Yes, it's Drawn Thread. I think, though I hate
to admit it, that I was doing it for maybe DH's birthday. The one that I
started for an anniversary, ummmmm, that happened over 3 years ago is "True
Love" - which is definitely much further away from being finished.
Link to "Love and Wisdom"
http://www.drawnthread.com/Chart%20P...andwisdom.html

Link to "The True Love Sampler"
https://www.stitchingbitsandbobs.com...gi?IndigoRose0
TheTrueLoveSampler850

Ach - I feel so guilty.

Ellice

Well, you SHOULD feel guilty! Here I've been so good about not spending
money and using up stash, and then you go and introduce me to "The True
Love Sampler," which sums up how I felt about it at first sight. Now I'm
feeling all covetous...must have that, must have that! VBG

Along the lines of not spending money, I'm proud of myself today. Went
to a craft show that had some awesome, top-quality stuff by the Charm
City Craft Mafia, and I only spent $1! I bought a small fabric square
(patch) that was screenprinted with a design that had a "monster cat"
with a teacup/teapot...cute. I will think of incorporating it into a
pillow of some sort...maybe quilted. http://www.charmcitycraftmafia.com/

Then went to Barnes and Noble with DD and looked at crochet magazines.
She fell in love with a photo of Star Wars Amigarumi - might have to
order the patterns for some of those for her BD in a couple of weeks!
Are these adorable, or what?

http://laughingsquid.com/mini-croche...res-amigurumi/

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 27th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:

[...]

You need to meet my DH. He is of the opinion (watches far too much TV
and read far many blogs) that the dollar will be useless, So, if you
want something buy it now, you can't afford it later. Should I succumb
to that thinking???LOLOL
'
Gillian
Old June 28th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/26/10 6:46 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

[...]

LOL - turn about is fair play....after all the gorgeous things you show us
;^)

Along the lines of not spending money, I'm proud of myself today. Went
to a craft show that had some awesome, top-quality stuff by the Charm
City Craft Mafia, and I only spent $1! I bought a small fabric square
(patch) that was screenprinted with a design that had a "monster cat"
with a teacup/teapot...cute. I will think of incorporating it into a
pillow of some sort...maybe quilted. http://www.charmcitycraftmafia.com/

Then went to Barnes and Noble with DD and looked at crochet magazines.
She fell in love with a photo of Star Wars Amigarumi - might have to
order the patterns for some of those for her BD in a couple of weeks!
Are these adorable, or what?

http://laughingsquid.com/mini-croche...res-amigurumi/

sue

All too cute, and you are being virtuous. Can't say we've been as virtuous,
but trying to until all the job stuff is sorted out.

Ellice

Ice dancing shhdesigns Quilting 3 February 23rd 10 10:34 PM
dancing ddgm Yarn 4 May 31st 06 03:24 AM
Dancing.... maryd Quilting 14 March 16th 05 05:45 PM
I'm dancing too maryd Quilting 15 March 4th 05 02:48 AM
I'm dancing I'm done Judy W Quilting 16 October 20th 04 08:58 PM