Trans Web???

Old November 18th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Trans Web???

McKenna Ryan suggests using Trans Web for her fusbile applique. I
searched Joann.com to find out some info about it. Here's what
Joann.com says about it-

"Trans-Web Fusible Web Sheet; 36"X 16". Trans-Web remains on the
release paper until heat is applied and the web is transferred to
another surface. There is no cracking or separation. "

"Now better than ever with improved technology. Trans Web now has a
clear, heat resistant plastic release liner which allows for more
accurate tracing and you can write directly on the plastic. The glue
only releases with the heat of an iron for a more complete and uniform
coverage. Machine washable and dry cleanable, it withstands multiple
washings. 100% polyamide web. "

Has anybody here used Trans Web? One description says "Trans Web
remains on the release paper until heat is applied" and another says
"Trans Web now has a clear heat resistant plastic release liner". So
which is it- paper or plastic??? Other than that, is the applique
stiff when bonded with Trans Web? Does it ever peel off the release
product like the way Wonder Under separates from it's paper? Were you
happy with Trans Web or did you prefer another fusible?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 18th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Trans Web USED to be sooooo finicky about staying on the paper. If you
looked at it wrong...it came off. I haven't tried it recently, but it
appears from the description that I wasn't alone in having problems with it
staying on the paper. It wasn't a stiff adhesive which was why Sue Nickels
(of Beatles quilt fame) used it in the machine applique class I took from
her. But my Trans Web was SO AWFUL to work with....I was almost in tears by
the time class was over. I don't know if the new backing is paper or
plastic....I doubt if it makes much difference as long as it works the way
it's supposed to.
KJ

ups.com...