Of Squishies and Hugs

Old March 15th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Of Squishies and Hugs

I arrived home to a squishie last night... I'm continuously amazed at how
they always arrive at times when they are needed most and this time was no
exception. I just found out that my very bestest friend needs to start
looking for a kidney donor because his kidneys aren't going to be working
much longer. This is the person who held me up when I was in the depths of
grief and anger last year and the person with whom I share my most inner
secrets and me his. We knew the time would come but never thought it would
be so soon!

I'm not terribly good with words and could never articulate as well as Anne
and others what it feels like to get a hug or how much it means to have
somebody make the special effort to send a squishie. It goes way beyond
tangible to the depth of the soul knowing that there are people out there
thinking of you.

Thanks to all the huggers and squishers out there.

Shona using her hug an awful lot in NZ

Old March 15th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Shona, you and your friend have my prayers. My husband has been on
dialysis for four years (in May) and he isn't eligible for a transplant.
I'm praying that all will work out well for him.

Old March 15th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Phyllis,

The Dr has told Laurence to avoid dialysis if at all possible because of
other potential problems however finding a suitable donor in advance may be
tricky because they usually don't allow you to go on the donor list until
after failure. Luckily he has a couple of adult kids who have offered to be
donors (as well as his 80 yo mother, how sweet is that!?) which gives a
better probability of a match.

Shona wishing there were more she could do in NZ

Old March 16th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Shona-

I am diagnosed with chronic kidney failure (a looonnnggg way from
transplant thoughts for me, tho), so I can imagine how awful your
bestest friend must be feeling right now- physically and emotionally.
Prayers for him, the donor and for the transplant surgery to be a
roaring sucess.

Leslie (Celebrex and acetomeniphen tried to kill mine) & The Furbabies
in MO.

Old March 16th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Shona

Hugs for you and your friend. I know just how he feels.

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

:

Old March 16th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Leslie,

It's amazing how many people there are with limited kidney function. An
undiagnosed virus in childhood is what caused L's problem and he's been
happily living with 50% use. We thought he had a good 10-15 years before
needing a transplant which is why it is such a shock. :-( At the moment I
am trying to talk him into moving into my 'spare' house so at least when the
crunch comes I will be close by to take care of him...much more that he
would get in his current house.

I hope your kidneys keep on kicking forever!

Shona thinking she will be making a hug soon in NZ

ups.com...

Old March 16th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My aunt got a kidney replacement years ago. She lived for years
pretty well, especially considering her other ailments and lack of
taking care of herself. Hope the match for your friend shows up
quick and all goes well.
Taria