Boo Hoo, Can't Quilt

Old April 30th 04, 12:08 AM
Debbi

Default Boo Hoo, Can't Quilt

My neighbor, son, dog and I have been on a walking program for a while now.
Last night we went off on our nightly jaunt. Was DS's turn to pick the
route. We were heading home, walking along, and talking when all of a
sudden, for no apparent reason other than to be a bully, a pine tree stepped
out and poked me in the eye. I went down like a man kicked in the
netherworld. Could not open eye, could bearly see through tears coming out
of both the injured eye and the remaining good eye. Was able to sleep
through the night normally, and lead a normal life. Took DS to school,
worked on the double Irish Chain and then prepared to go to work. Started
driving when the pain in my eye was so bad that I was tearing, hurting and
unable to see. After 15 minutes at the side of the road, I finally managed
to eek myself home. came in and thought I was not too long for this world.
Finally got home of neighbor who had decided that today was a good day to
work in the yard rather than wait for a phone call from me. She finally
answered phone and took me to the eye doctor this afternoon. Looks like I
did a good job scratching the cornea. Told will hurt for a few days, and
quilting will probably have to wait-- Boo Hoo!

Debbi in SO CA

Old April 30th 04, 12:37 AM
D & D

BTDT (except it was a lemon tree) so I know exactly how it feels
(((hugs)))

--
Dee in Oz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deeinoz

Old April 30th 04, 01:20 AM
Sandy Foster

In article 4Xfkc.6709$k24.4243@fed1read01,
"Debbi" wrote:

[...]

Ouch, Debbi! I'm sorry to hear this! I hope you have some good books on
tape to wile away the time until you can get back to normal.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old April 30th 04, 01:22 AM
sdgodfrey

Poor Debbi! I scratched my cornea once, while sedated for surgery. It
was very painful. The good news is that in a few days you should be
fine. I went into the hospital for jaw surgery and came out with a sore
eye and a sore leg (steroid shot for swelling). The eye hurt for a few
days, the leg for 3 months, and my jaw, not at all! LOL

I was most comfortable keeping both eyes closed most of the time. If
one moves, they both move. Best of luck to you.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old April 30th 04, 01:45 AM
Queen of Squishies

OH Debbie! OUCH!!!
{{{hugs}}} I'm sorry for you. You just go eat chocolate until it's all
better, 'k?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old April 30th 04, 02:10 AM
Queen of Squishies

I have a friend whose son brushed his eye with a toothbrush - intentionally.
He was about 6. To this day we have no idea why he would do such a thing!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old April 30th 04, 04:26 AM
Debbie

Oh, big time owie! Hope it's better soon. I agree with someone's earlier
post: Chocolate and lots of it!

Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html
Old April 30th 04, 05:18 AM
nana2b

Healing winks coming your way. Been there, however not the why got there!
Feel better soon.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242