Dumb Stitching Errors & Heat

Old June 21st 04, 04:11 PM
Maureen Miller

Default Dumb Stitching Errors & Heat

Here's one I'll bet you can all relate to. The temp. was in the high
80's last night and this kind of heat just makes me feel lazy and tired.
So I picked up my stitching and lost myself in it for the next 2
hours. Finally I noticed the work wasn't lining up quite like it should
have. Upon rechecking the chart one stitch at a time, I noticed that I
had MISSED THE SECOND ROW ON THE CHART!!! This meant picking 2 hours of
work out, one stitch at a time! I think it took longer to take them out
than it did to put them in! I had already marked the finished stitches
off on the chart, but by then I was too tired to re-stitch so my work
would match my chart. Must do that this morning before I forget where I
was. Gee, there's a nice excuse to not do housework! lol

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Old June 21st 04, 05:13 PM
Caryn

I noticed that I
had MISSED THE SECOND ROW ON THE CHART!!!

yikes!!!

Must say I think I've done the same thing on occasion! lol

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 21st 04, 05:20 PM
Linda D.

(sigh)....I know of what you speak I have been working on
TIAG's "The Auction" and discovered last week that I had only left
just over one inch of fabric on the two short ends of the design. I
have no idea why I did this I have been stitching for a gazillion
years and have never made this kind of error before Thank goodness
I at least have that inch and a bit, so will add strips of fabric for
stretching and have my framer frame the design to the edge of the seam
between the background fabric and extra strip of fabric.

A good example of 'never say never'

take care, Linda

Old June 21st 04, 05:50 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Maureen Miller wrote:
Upon rechecking the chart one stitch at a time, I noticed that I
had MISSED THE SECOND ROW ON THE CHART!!! This meant picking 2 hours of
work out, one stitch at a time! I think it took longer to take them out
than it did to put them in!

Oh, Maureen, I can empathize.

I'm working on a band sampler, and I left one band unfinished and moved
on. Well, the bad news is I finished that skein of silk and when I
bought another skein, the color didn't quite match. So now I'm pulling
out threads previously worked in a different band with intermittent
stiches that won't show the color change so I can finish the solid band
with the previously-worked thread. It's definitely NOT an ideal
solution, but it's all I could think of (short of tearing out the whole
band and starting over, which I didn't want to do when I figured about 4
lengths of thread would do it.)

Argh!

Sue

Old June 21st 04, 06:42 PM
eaxstitch

Oh, we`ve all done it, Maureen - and not even with the heat for an excuse!
LOL! It always takes longer to unpick - then there are all those fluffy
bits to get out. A strip of Scotch tape or similar works wonders for that
though!

Pat P

Old June 22nd 04, 02:29 AM
Jenn Liace

wrote:

Upon rechecking the chart one stitch at a time, I noticed that I
had MISSED THE SECOND ROW ON THE CHART!!! This meant picking 2 hours of
work out, one stitch at a time! I think it took longer to take them out
than it did to put them in! I had already marked the finished stitches
off on the chart, but by then I was too tired to re-stitch so my work
would match my chart.

Naturally, now you've done all the frogging of your entire night's
progress.... but would it have been possible to frog the TOP row and
stitch just the two instead of everything else? Just a thought for
future brain-farts (including my own LOL)

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old June 22nd 04, 02:58 AM
Maureen Miller

LOL. Well, at least it's good to know I'm not alone with my...er..brain
farts. I didn't actually miss the second row on the CHART....I missed
the second row of the many I stitched last night. The actual position
of the missed row is right smack in the middle of the picture! Would
have given a great Karate Master a funny face. NOT! )

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Old June 22nd 04, 03:05 AM
Lucille

You have my heartfelt sympathy because I just spent the last hour ripping
out a whole section of the petitpoint I'm working on. I just didn't like
the way it looked and decided the colors were placed wrong.

Damn it! What a royal pain in the backside this is and I can't blame it on
the heat. This was done in the comfort of my air conditioned house.

Lucille.

Old June 22nd 04, 05:45 AM
Maureen Miller

Gee Thanks! But wait....did you say PETIT POINT???? That's what the
picture I'm working on is! I love my petit point but was seriously
considering switching to cross-stitch because 99% of the projects
offered out there are made for cross-stitch. I thought I might be the
only petit pointer out here to tell the truth!

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.