newbie to the newsgroup

Old October 7th 03, 11:17 PM
Lucille

Default newbie to the newsgroup

Look on Google for Tidewater Originals. They will give you several places
where you can purchase their designs.

Lucille

p.s. Please send messages to this newsgroup using plain text. Many people
can't read HTML.

"mitch" wrote in message
Greetings All,

As a newbie to this newgroups, and online xstitching, I am looking for
information regarding patterns by a company called Tidewater Orginals, or
any online patterns of the tidewater area of VA. I have scanned the local
shops but alas, as a make x stitcher i am stuck with their limited
selection of rather "feminine" patterns. Any help would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,
The Southern Gent

Old October 7th 03, 11:38 PM
mitch

TY Lucille ,
I tried that but it only brings up their current catalog. I am looking for
some of their orginal designs of the James River
t...

Old October 8th 03, 12:31 AM
Ceredwynn \(remove the bad robot to reply\)

Try www.abcstitch.com on the home page click on designers. They have some
lighthouse patterns by Tidewater originals.

have fun

"mitch" wrote in message
TY Lucille ,
I tried that but it only brings up their current catalog. I am looking

for
some of their orginal designs of the James River
t...

Old October 8th 03, 01:33 AM
Karen C - California

First, go to www.hoffmandis.com and do a search by designer or subject. They
don't sell to individuals, but they do have a pretty extensive on-line catalog
you can browse. You may want to check out the lighthouses by The Silver
Lining, as "male" subjects.

Then ask Kim at www.fabrics2u.com to get the charts from Hoffman's for you.
Great customer service, and no huge S&H fee.

--
Finished 7/4/03 -- Army Wife
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old October 8th 03, 01:54 AM
Brenda Lewis

I suspect the designs you seek are out of print. Check Ebay or other
online auctions to see if anything comes up.

mitch wrote:
TY Lucille ,
I tried that but it only brings up their current catalog. I am looking for
some of their orginal designs of the James River

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: ...on hiatus...

Old October 8th 03, 06:58 AM
Beth Katz

Check at Old Stitch:
http://www.oldstitch.com/

Several shops online seem to have the Chesapeake Bay lighthouses and Sails:
http://www.abcstitch.com/designers_p...er%20Originals
http://therockinghorse.com/designers...roriginals.htm

If you move upriver a bit, Ronnie Rowe does charts of Williamsburg
including some that are like etchings:
http://www.ronnierowedesigns.com/

Have you visited Haus Tirol in Williamsburg? I'm not sure how hard
they were hit by Hurricane Isabel.

--
Beth Katz

Old October 9th 03, 02:50 AM
Ruthie

http://www.hoffmandis.com/tidewater/

....but all that is there are lighthouses.

But Hoffman's homepage, http://www.hoffmandis.com, has an "e-mail us"
hyperlink, at the top of the page next to their logo. Perhaps they can
either find you the one you're looking for.

Check your local library, too, for magazines. I know I've seen ads for a
place that will convert a photo into a chart. And, if you have
Photoshop, you can too! ;-) Not to mention that one of the mags had a
halloween design, meant for a trick-or-treat design, of a grinning skull
that my husband (who is quick to scorn what he calls "girly stuff") liked.

And I have been thinking about creating some more "masculine" charts
myself; I love airplanes, and I'm as bad about spending in a hardware
store as I am in my LNS!

But charting that Waco UPF-7 will have to wait until after Christmas. I
have a week to finish 3 things I've been working on!

mitch wrote:

Greetings All,

As a newbie to this newgroups, and online xstitching, I am looking for
information regarding patterns by a company called Tidewater Orginals,
or any online patterns of the tidewater area of VA. I have scanned the
local shops but alas, as a make x stitcher i am stuck with their
limited selection of rather "feminine" patterns. Any help would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,
The Southern Gent

I used to have a Treeing Walker Coonhound that I called "the Southern
Gentleman" because he had such nice manners. I just knew that, if he
could talk, he'd have that warm drawl.

Ruthie in Colorado, who still has 4 coonhounds
alowan (near) earthlink (dot) net