Stash me, baby!

Old November 18th 03, 07:12 PM
Brenda Lewis

Default Stash me, baby!

Thanks to everyone on here who pointed out (long ago) the hot buys and
free kits on http://www.janlynn.com . My order arrived today--YIPPEE!
TW's "Noah's Ark Sampler" for $9 (!) plus the Marty Bell (MSRIP)
adaptation "Wishing Well Garden" and "St. Frances" by Marie Barber. My
bonus was the holiday pack (12 skeins) of rayon floss. I'm a sucker for
royal blue & frosty white. All this AND we signed papers this morning
to complete the sale of our old house. Some things in life are pretty
sweet!

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar

Old November 18th 03, 10:10 PM
Ellice

On 11/18/03 2:12 PM,"Brenda Lewis" posted:

Thanks to everyone on here who pointed out (long ago) the hot buys and
free kits on http://www.janlynn.com . My order arrived today--YIPPEE!
TW's "Noah's Ark Sampler" for $9 (!) plus the Marty Bell (MSRIP)
adaptation "Wishing Well Garden" and "St. Frances" by Marie Barber. My
bonus was the holiday pack (12 skeins) of rayon floss. I'm a sucker for
royal blue & frosty white. All this AND we signed papers this morning
to complete the sale of our old house. Some things in life are pretty
sweet!

Woo hoo - so you're STASHED, baby! Sounds like fun. Congrats on finally
closing on your old house.

So, want to come strip wallpaper with me??

ellice

Old November 19th 03, 12:45 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Hey - DS is now take trombone lessons! who has the pasties!
Cheryl
(oh my aching ear drums!)

Old November 19th 03, 05:40 AM
Ellice

On 11/18/03 6:28 PM,"Brenda Lewis" posted:

Um, does that involve a trombone player and pasties? {DUCK&RUN}

LOL - nah, but do have some hockey players on hand, with sticks of course
;^p

Ellice

Old November 19th 03, 06:29 AM
Ellice

On 11/19/03 12:38 AM,"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply"
posted:

From: Ellice

Ummm - are they mutually exclusive?

OMG -- I don't think I shall dignify THAT comment with an appropriate response
-- LOLOL! NO self-repecting bohunk Momma would even KNOW what PASTE-ees were
:-))). CiaoMeow ^;;^

I have to tell you that the only other time I can remember the term 'Bohunk'
is in the movie "Sixteen Candles" with Molly Ringwald. Her sister is getting
married, and the bridegroom is referred to as "greasy or oily Bohunk" . I'm
guessing this has to do with cultural origin. Never did know what it meant.

I could tell you about the time my grandparents took all of us (my family,
my aunt/uncle & 2 cousins) to Lakewood, NJ for their anniversary. It was
winter, I was very young - I remember going skating, and the hotel. It was
supposedly some family resort. There was a nightclub of sorts in the hotel.
After dinner, the entire group went to this club - featuring "exotic
dancers" or something. I remember having my hand stamped. It was dark. We
all were at a table, having refreshments (Shirley Temples for the kids - I
was the youngest) and there was a comedian. Then, ta-dah - the "special
dancers" . Turned out it was a fan dancer, doing her thing. I vaguely
remember this - I think the emcee was on the stage as well at some point. My
parents were flipping out - because the woman started stripping, and they
couldn't just drag me and my youngest (4 yrs older than me) cousin out. I do
remember the naked lady - well, my first view of pasties, and then the
totally naked lady - and asking "Mommy - that lady has no clothes on" and my
mother saying "Oh, no - she's wearing skin colored tights" . As a result - I
think my parents had a huge fight with the hotel management/owners about the
stripper in this family resort, and I thought all strippers wore skin
colored body suits - until I was about 11 or 12. And of course, my cousins
and I reminisce about this when we see each other (the oldest cousin is
nearly 10 yrs older than me).

What a thing to remember.
ellice

Old November 19th 03, 08:38 AM
Fred

YO put "pasties" in YO ears to block out the noise??? I never dreamed of it!
or Yo trying to tell us that nibbling on pasties can block out the
noise???ROTFLMAO!

To help bail you out your predicament, good Bohunk cooks make a pastry that
are/is called "Nothings". I never heard them called pasties. "Nothings"
are/is an *extremely* flaky pastry which melts in your mouth faster than the
best short bread cookie ever made. "Fresh lard" sometimes called Dippo
produces the best "Nothings", store bought lard can't cut it. The digestive
process can take dayyyyyyyyys. BTW calling the cook a Bohunk can either get
one a kiss or a bop on the coup with a frying pan - depends on location and
temperment (RHT) of the cook.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
From: Cheryl Isaak

...... who has the pasties!

Are you aware that there are TWO types of pasties? The type worn by

exotic
dancers of questionable morals and the kind maade by good Bohunk cooks for

the
family meal!!! They are spelled the same but the first one is pronounced
paste-ees and the second one is pronounced past-ees. Ask me how I know --
LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^
.
.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties

their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!