Needlework pyramid?

Old March 25th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

Default Needlework pyramid?

Earlier today someone posted a link to a photo of a lovely needlework
pyramid, but I accidentally deleted it. If that talented stitcher would
repost the link, I would be most grateful.

Felice

Old March 25th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Felice wrote:
Earlier today someone posted a link to a photo of a lovely needlework
pyramid, but I accidentally deleted it. If that talented stitcher would
repost the link, I would be most grateful.

Felice

Here you go Felice,

Pictures are in my WIPS album at:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...iorritto/WIPS/
or
http://tinyurl.com/dx335u

A completed photo of the Etui is he

http://tinyurl.com/dhgpd2

I am mot doing the little ornaments (they could be used as fobs, and I
will add a ladybug on the scissor band. I have an Ivory scrimshaw
measure and silk winder that have ladybugs(made from old piano keys), I
wish I could have won the scissors that were on ebay a few months ago
that were shaped like a lady bug.
Bobbie V.
Old March 25th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/25/09 3:03 PM, in article , "Felice"
wrote:

Earlier today someone posted a link to a photo of a lovely needlework
pyramid, but I accidentally deleted it. If that talented stitcher would
repost the link, I would be most grateful.

Felice

From Bobbie V

pse all - Translate all to Translated (View all originals)
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted to this
group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet.
Cancel

Send Discard

below or the numbers you hear by clicking the accessibility icon. Listen and
type the numbers you hear
Send Discard

Queencityxstitcher
More options Mar 25, 7:32 am
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
From: Queencityxstitcher
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:32:42 -0400
Subject: First part of Pyramid Etui Finished
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
I have finished the outside panels of Twisted Oaks "Honor Thy Needle"
Etui. These panels are stitched over 1 with Dinky Dyed Silks. I started
in January. I basted the bottoms and the pyramid pin cushion yesterday.
Pictures are in my WIPS album at:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...iorritto/WIPS/
or
http://tinyurl.com/dx335u

A completed photo of the Etui is he

http://tinyurl.com/dhgpd2

Off to work I must go to keep me in my habit.

Bobbie V.

Old March 25th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/25/09 3:30 PM, "Queencityxstitcher"
wrote:

Felice wrote:
Earlier today someone posted a link to a photo of a lovely needlework
pyramid, but I accidentally deleted it. If that talented stitcher would
repost the link, I would be most grateful.

Felice

Here you go Felice,

Pictures are in my WIPS album at:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...iorritto/WIPS/
or
http://tinyurl.com/dx335u

A completed photo of the Etui is he

http://tinyurl.com/dhgpd2

I am mot doing the little ornaments (they could be used as fobs, and I
will add a ladybug on the scissor band. I have an Ivory scrimshaw
measure and silk winder that have ladybugs(made from old piano keys), I
wish I could have won the scissors that were on ebay a few months ago
that were shaped like a lady bug.
Bobbie V.

Donna also did a pyramid needlework ornament - it's kind of a crazy quilt
take - very pretty, I think it's in her RCTNP album.

The pyramid etui's are just lovely - I think CA Wells teaches one, and there
are some others around.

Ellice

Old March 25th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

"Queencityxstitcher" wrote in message
Felice wrote:
Earlier today someone posted a link to a photo of a lovely needlework
pyramid, but I accidentally deleted it. If that talented stitcher would
repost the link, I would be most grateful.

Felice

Here you go Felice,

Pictures are in my WIPS album at:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...iorritto/WIPS/
or
http://tinyurl.com/dx335u

A completed photo of the Etui is he

http://tinyurl.com/dhgpd2

I am mot doing the little ornaments (they could be used as fobs, and I
will add a ladybug on the scissor band. I have an Ivory scrimshaw measure
and silk winder that have ladybugs(made from old piano keys), I wish I
could have won the scissors that were on ebay a few months ago that were
shaped like a lady bug.
Bobbie V.

Thanks so much, Bobbie. I've been wondering what's next, and this just may
be it!

Felice

Old March 26th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Felice wrote:

Thanks so much, Bobbie. I've been wondering what's next, and this just may
be it!

Felice

The Kit came with all the mat boards precut. The directions are very
clear, however the charts are "small". I had to enlarge them in order to
actually use them. I can share the leftover silks. I did substitute a
Thread Gatherer golden yellow in place of the Dinky Dyed Banksia yellow
as I had that in my stash at the time I was kitting it. I have ordered
from ABC Stitch Therapy and visited the store. Very high marks in
service. Don't tell Cheryl, but I have ordered a set of ladybug counting
pins made in Italy to add to my Etui.

Let me know if you want the silks, you really need only half a skein.

Bobbie V,

Remove the knot with a net to reply.
Old March 26th 09, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

A book called 'Starting to stich Creatively , By valerie Cambell -
harding , B.T. Batsford, 1994 , has a chapter called Pansy bags ,
[page 36-] where she shows how to make triangular bags with woven torn
cloth + embroidery ,.
mirjam
Old March 26th 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/25/09 11:13 PM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Felice wrote:

Thanks so much, Bobbie. I've been wondering what's next, and this just may
be it!

Felice

The Kit came with all the mat boards precut. The directions are very
clear, however the charts are "small". I had to enlarge them in order to
actually use them. I can share the leftover silks. I did substitute a
Thread Gatherer golden yellow in place of the Dinky Dyed Banksia yellow
as I had that in my stash at the time I was kitting it. I have ordered
from ABC Stitch Therapy and visited the store. Very high marks in
service. Don't tell Cheryl, but I have ordered a set of ladybug counting
pins made in Italy to add to my Etui.

Gee - like I'm surprised by that ! LOL

Old March 26th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

Felice wrote:

Thanks so much, Bobbie. I've been wondering what's next, and this just
may be it!

Felice

The Kit came with all the mat boards precut. The directions are very
clear, however the charts are "small". I had to enlarge them in order to
actually use them. I can share the leftover silks. I did substitute a
Thread Gatherer golden yellow in place of the Dinky Dyed Banksia yellow as
I had that in my stash at the time I was kitting it. I have ordered from
ABC Stitch Therapy and visited the store. Very high marks in service.
Don't tell Cheryl, but I have ordered a set of ladybug counting pins made
in Italy to add to my Etui.

Let me know if you want the silks, you really need only half a skein.

Bobbie V,

Well, aren't you kind! The cost of the silks dissuaded me from ordering the
Pyramid, although I did order the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball and the
Hedgehog Baby. I will do those with DMC but I felt that something as special
as the Pyramid deserved silk. So, yes, I will take you up on your offer!

I will email you with my address, and if you give me a price and your
address, I will send you a check.

Thank you so much, Bobbie. I really look forward to this project.

Felice

Old March 26th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Felice" wrote

Well, aren't you kind! The cost of the silks dissuaded me from ordering
the Pyramid, although I did order the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball and
the Hedgehog Baby. I will do those with DMC but I felt that something as
special as the Pyramid deserved silk. So, yes, I will take you up on your
offer!

Do you have a link or other information on the Hedgehog Baby?? I would be
very interested in seeing this.

Dawne

First part of Pyramid Etui Finished Queencityxstitcher Needlework 2 March 25th 09 11:50 PM
Needlework Karen C in California Needlework 36 November 23rd 07 04:00 AM
Piecing a Thousand Pyramid quilt Cathy in CA Quilting 14 September 18th 06 06:38 AM
Pyramid Bead Cap Charlie Jewelry 14 March 11th 05 02:20 AM
3D needlework Laury Walkey Needlework 12 May 7th 04 04:19 AM