Home again.

Old June 14th 07, 04:16 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Home again.

On Jun 13, 8:07 pm, Katherine wrote:
On Jun 13, 6:59 pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:

Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions.

I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just follow
orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up a needle.
In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight mystery story.

Oh, you poor dear! You take things easy, turn on the TV and relax.
On second thought, rent some movies and relax. What is on TV
these days is far froml relaxing.
Feel better soon.

Higs,
Katherine

oh gosh i am so happy you are better i was reading your post awhile
ago..so happy you are getting better have a great evening

Old June 14th 07, 07:28 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce

Olwyn Mary wrote:
Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions.

I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just follow
orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up a needle.
In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight mystery story.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Glad to hear that you're back home. Please, please do what the doctor
tells you. Bronchitis is not a trivial complain!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old June 14th 07, 07:56 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

me wrote:
If I have the unmitigated nerve to get ill & bedbound, the other half
becomes an absolute "itch".

He does cute things like rummage around in the kitchen, and use every
pot and pan he can find to make a single dish (leaving the mounds of
dirty dishes for me to clean up). He also does other things in other
rooms of a similar nature (you get the idea)...

Oh dear! One of those... Mine's a treasu cleans up after he's
cooked, and will tidy up and drag the Dyson round if asked. Cleans the
bathroom better than *I* do, if requested... Doesn't do things *my*
way, but if I'm sick, so long as it gets done, I don't care!

When I get sick, I want to send him to hospital so I can get some
rest!

Last time I was in hospital, I came home for a rest!

Please, do not mess about with bronchitis.. It can be quite deadly
for those of us with compromised respriatory tracts.

No, don't... Last time Big Sis ignored bronchitis she ended up with
pneumonia! She's athsmatic. Mind you, she learned her lesson! Hasn't
ignored something like that for 20 years now...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 14th 07, 08:00 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions.

I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just follow
orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up a needle.
In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight mystery story.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Glad you're home Olwyn Mary. This bedrest time could be a good time for
perusing knitting books and the like, picking out projects for when you're
up to it. But, you're right. Not yet time for knitting.

Hugs and healing thoughts,
Murielle

Old June 14th 07, 08:02 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Olwyn Mary wrote:
Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions.

I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just follow
orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up a needle.
In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight mystery story.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Olwyn Mary,

You will be in our prayers. Keep in touch.

Gail has been sick and is being transfered from Rockford, Il to
Northwester University Hospital in Chicago. She is getting weaker and
not feeling very good.

Many prayers,
Dennis & Gail

Dennis, you and Gail are in my prayers. Hang in there.

Hugs,
Murielle

Old June 14th 07, 03:14 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
CypSew

I'm happy you're home with all medicines to help you recover properly.
Having you home will certainly make DH happy enough to give you plenty of
TLC, so you can rest, relax and recover. Bronchitis is dangerous,
especially for us who have respiratory ailments. BTDT a few years ago.
Emily

Old June 14th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Dear Olwyn Mary,

I empathize with you and hope you will feel better soon. I've had a
violent cough since March, and my doctor has yet to be able to
pinpoint the cause. I'm glad you have been diagnosed, and hope you
make a swift recovery.

Who are your favorite authors? Do you keep a list of best sellers? I
read about ten books a week, and I'm out of space; would like to pass
on some of them. Let me know.

Teri

Old June 14th 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Tia Mary

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions. snip ........
Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I'm glad to hear you are back home! Take care -- you never know what
can happen this summer and you don't want to have to bug out of town
while you are sick!
On a different note -- I think next year will be our return for
Mardi Gras. It will likely be the last time we can go before DH retires
and we move back to Lizard Land. Hope to see you when we are finally
there!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old June 14th 07, 10:02 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions.

I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just follow
orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up a needle.
In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight mystery story.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Oh I am soooo glad you are home! I know you will rest so much better now.
Resting is just Not something that can happen in the hospital. With all
the prayers and good thoughts coming your way from the group added onto the
wonderful care I know your sweetie will give you, you will be up and around
PDQ.

Try to enjoy your rest. I know you would much rather be up and doing, but
look at this as a small vacation from the routine. Tell your husband I
think he should paint your toenails, give you a foot rub, and maybe he
could manage a mini-facial or deep condition your hair....that way you can
think of this as a trip to a nice spa instead of being sick in bed.

Hope you feel much better very soon.

Sharon
---
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the
pig.