What we're stitching now...

Old April 6th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default What we're stitching now...

Tomorrow I get my new fridge delivered. We have a week off from school,
so I'm planning my next stitching project: piggies. It's an ER design,
I LOVE them, and I started it on my trip to the States last year. Just
a couple of stitches back then, but it's starting to call to me now.
After I finish them, my trip will be really 'complete'

Old April 7th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Hi!
What a pretty picture!
Best: Pirjo

Old April 7th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Pirjo, may I ask what country you are from? Finland?

Old April 10th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 5 Apr 2006 05:44:59 -0700, "Amber" wrote:

Only one month to Celebration of Needlework. Who's going???

Sigh, I wish...

Sighing and wishing here.

....back from Vegas and poorer but happier....
Old April 11th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I am working on the Wedding Sample in the May/June 1988 Cross Stitch and
Country Crafts magazine. It is a lovely Blue and White Piece, nice due to
the fact the bride's colors are blue and white.

"Amber" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just finished a small piece:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53147477ImhKfG

Old April 22nd 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Hi!
When Thursday came, me, my classmates & our teacher left to Rovaniemi. "When
we leave Haapavesi and go to Rovaniemi, you can ride with me in my car" my
teacher promised. Well, you may guess how it went. She had to stop almost to
every possible gas station. Why? I had to go to the toilet! And why was
that? I was so nervous! The toilet visits kept going whole day...and I was
exhausted by the time we went to our hostel the one final time. I was so
tired I had no strength even stitching. I just went straight to bed. But
when the next morning came, I was up before 8 AM and stitching away. Our
teacher had told us we should be down in the hall before 11 AM. I was
nervous...and the toilet visits kept going all morning. But when our final
"farewell Rovaniemi" moment came, my body calmed down. I was a bit scared of
course, but I had decided to stitch and enjoy the journey home. And what
happened? Stitching kept me busy, but I went to toilet whenever we stopped.
But I did not need to ask our driver to stop. You see, my return trip
happened in different car. But anyway, I stitched when we went there and I
stitched in Rovaniemi and I stitched when we came back. So my project, "The
Praying Child", has made quite a progress. I went through my stash and
realized something. I have many huge projects there. Some of them are USOs,
some of them are inactive WIPs. I just hope I have time to finish them. At
least 2 big projects have certain place on my list. When "The Praying Child"
is done, I think I will catch one flower work and stitch it. I should have
done it ages ago but...you know how it is, especially if a project is one
you stitch when you travel.
Best: Pirjo