Trip to Mars

Old January 14th 04, 09:19 PM
Karen C - California

Default Trip to Mars

BushBaby is now talking about sending humans to Mars. (Hmmmm, NASA
headquarters is in Texas, he's from Texas...)

Depending on the speed they're able to achieve, the trip could take 1-3 years
each way. How many of you would volunteer as astronauts if it meant 6 years of
uninterrupted stitching time?

And what projects would you take with you to fill 6 years of stitching time?

I'd take my bag full of MLIs. (Remembering that I can't just send out for more
floss, I'd better make a quick S.E.X.cursion before I leave. At astronaut
salary, I can afford extras.)

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 15th 04, 03:28 AM
georg

Karen C - California wrote:

BushBaby is now talking about sending humans to Mars. (Hmmmm, NASA
headquarters is in Texas, he's from Texas...)

Depending on the speed they're able to achieve, the trip could take 1-3 years
each way. How many of you would volunteer as astronauts if it meant 6 years of
uninterrupted stitching time?

And what projects would you take with you to fill 6 years of stitching time?

I'd take my bag full of MLIs. (Remembering that I can't just send out for more
floss, I'd better make a quick S.E.X.cursion before I leave. At astronaut
salary, I can afford extras.)

I've got a list of folks I'd like to send to Mars, as long as it's a
one-way trip.

As for me, if I went, I don't think they'd make a good enough air
filtration system for all of the orts I'd have hanging about.

-georg

Old January 15th 04, 04:09 AM
Dukkum

I've got a list of folks I'd like to send to Mars, as long as it's a
one-way trip.

-georg

Would it be considered rude if I asked to get my daughter's ex-h on that one
way flight????

Jere
Old January 15th 04, 04:21 AM
Deb Milner

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:47:06 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Don't be too sure of that! starting pay isn't that great and it is not a
cheap place to live.
(BTW, for an interesting read, read The Right Stuff. According to an
acquaintance who was accepted to the program, it was quite accurate.)

Now, let's look at this in a different light. Cost of living on the
space ship will be relatively cheap, and all that pay will be accruing
during the 6 year journey. I'm betting that I could set up an account
with the bank to have it autodraft payments from my checking account
while the pay is just sitting in the bank, and get that stash on time.

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)
Old January 15th 04, 05:05 AM
Jenn Liace

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:21:24 GMT, Deb Milner
wrote:

I'm betting that I could set up an account
with the bank to have it autodraft payments from my checking account
while the pay is just sitting in the bank, and get that stash on time.

Ummmmmmmmm, has FedEx added a route to Mars already? =)

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old January 15th 04, 06:21 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Jenn Liace
writes:

I'm betting that I could set up an account
with the bank to have it autodraft payments from my checking account
while the pay is just sitting in the bank, and get that stash on time.

Ummmmmmmmm, has FedEx added a route to Mars already? =)

No, no, I catch Deb's drift: she's gonna max out that Mastercard before she
leaves earth, and have the bank pay the $250 minimum payment every month.

Cost of living in Houston is only a concern if you have the wife and kids
staying behind. Us single gals could rent a room at the Y during training, for
next to nothing, and have monthly costs of zero while we're airborne.

Old January 15th 04, 06:21 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Cheryl Isaak
writes:

BushBaby is now talking about sending humans to Mars. (Hmmmm, NASA
headquarters is in Texas, he's from Texas...)

And if were __________( pick your favorite Democrat) making the suggestion.
LOL

Well, if it were a Democrat from Texas, I'd be a lot more suspicious of their
motives than if it were a Democrat from New Hampshire.

Pork is pork, no matter who's behind it.

Of course, we could look at this another way: since a jobless recovery isn't
going to help at election time, he's going to create a few thousand good-paying
jobs in the space program so he can point to job creation success.

And that's not LOL, that's soooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am Sam
Sam I am
I do not like
Green Eggs and Pork
I do not like them in the House
I do not like them in the Senate
If they're in a bill
I'll vote agin' it
I will not vote for them with a fork
I will not vote for Green Eggs and Pork

Trip to Disney mickey Marketplace 0 November 28th 04 07:16 PM
A "side trip" beaded project Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 1 November 20th 04 07:12 AM
AD: Bead Sets inspired by Colorado Trip Deirdre S. Beads 1 August 26th 03 07:34 PM
Trip bowline; Inside hitch; Tarbuck knot Dan Lehman Knots 1 August 22nd 03 05:29 PM