Ot i wanted for once to see

Old August 22nd 03, 06:23 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot i wanted for once to see

I waited and hoped that somebody , on this Ng that are so quick to
attack me about everything pribvate and political ,will get up and say
some words against Terrorism .... nast Dirty terorism that kills
babies and maimes children on Purpose , because the suocider situated
himself in a group of young kids , on Purpose ,,,, an Imam a man
supposed to worship God ,,,, blew up kids ....
and where sare you all the people who denounce priests and flame
people for the smallest words , or attack me when we defend
outrselves... now where are you all the people who claim they are not
Anti Semite , why are you silent when Jewish kids are slaughtered,,
and don`t tell me we do it as well , because you have no clue what you
are talking about . Mourn the UN killed and wounded people who went to
bring peace in Iraq and lost their life to crazed terrorism , that
knows only one language Death Death and more death ,,, where are your
remarks ,, now ??
mirjam

Old August 22nd 03, 06:33 PM
Lucille

As an addition to Mirjam's very emotional note, I thought some of you might
be interested in reading the following very sad newsletter. This information
comes directly from the Hadassah Medical Organization Hospital in Jerusalem,
Israel.

THE HUNDRED-AND-FIRST PALESTINIAN SUICIDE BOMBING

It was the 101st Palestinian suicide bombing in the 35 months of violence in
Israel, and the too-well-practiced emergency teams were immediately in
action. But there was a different feeling about this latest atrocity, at
least in the Hadassah Medical Center, which took in more than half of the
100-plus injured.

For the first time, pediatricians and pediatric surgeons dominated the
Emergency and Trauma Units, with casualty after incoming casualty turning
out to be children, toddlers, infants. Stoic veterans of the aftermath of
terror, Hadassah doctors, nurses and social workers alike were stricken by
the youth of their patients. The frantic relatives, who always converge on
the hospital after an attack desperate for information about the missing,
were absent, the bomber having blasted entire families with his lethal
payload of explosives, bolts and nails.

New questions faced medical teams who have unhappily seen it all these past
three years. A nurse rushed a baby weighing-scales down the corridor, so
doctors could gauge the ages of unidentified infants. What about the
hepatitis B vaccination routinely administered to bleeding victims: should
it be given to infants, as well? And, as time went on, were the children the
doctors were fighting to save destined to live as orphans?

A two-and-a-half-year-old girl admitted at 9.39 p.m. lay unclaimed hour
after hour, unconscious and unclaimed. The heads of seven doctors and nurses
clustered round a baby boy, probably a month old, turned every time anyone
walked past, hoping someone had come to claim and comfort him.

Neighbors from the close-knit Har Nof community, where most of the victims
lived, trickled into the hospital. They had doubtless attended the little
boy's brit mila, they said, but none of them could identify him, he was too
young. As he was taken off to CT, his bloodied clothes were collected into a
bag. The neighbors would take the tragic bag to bus victims in Jerusalem's
other three hospitals. Perhaps someone there would know who he was.

CT scanning showed the baby's pelvis had been fractured, his ear drum
pierced and his chest and abdomen blast-injured - and that he had been born
with a single kidney.

And then news reached the Ein Kerem team of a couple and three children
hospitalized elsewhere in Jerusalem. They had been on the bus, returning
home from the Western Wall, with their five youngsters. The mother had been
nursing her month-old baby boy when the explosion blasted him out of her
arms. She was certain he was dead. And, oh yes, the child had been born with
only one kidney.

At 1.45 a.m., the unclaimed baby at Ein Kerem was identified as Elhanan
Niria Cohen. The unconscious two-and-a-half-year-old girl was his sister
Shira. Doctors who had long since stabilized the bus victims but had been
unwilling to leave the hospital until the baby had a name, packed up and
went home. And the neighbors were excused the task of showing bloodied
children's clothing to shocked and injured parents.

Fourteen hours after the blast, the baby and his mother, Ora, are doing
well. His father and siblings remain critical.

Thirty-three victims of last night's bomber were taken to Hadassah's Mount
Scopus hospital, and 30 to Ein Kerem. As well as a larger proportion than
ever before of young victims, there were also five who were unidentified for
many hours. Midwives Nava Braverman and Michal Liebergall of the Family
Information Center set up following terror attacks, worked through the night
to provide names for the injured. In addition to the two Cohen children,
three other victims lay unclaimed for several hours.
With one, a little girl of eight, heart-shaped earrings with a blue stone in
the center of each unlocked her identity. With a second, a middle-aged
woman, orthopedic surgeon Prof. Meir Liebergall thought he recognized his
own work in a healed fracture of her knee. Two different families were
searching for a woman in middle years, but the X-rays of her earlier surgery
clinched her identity

Old August 22nd 03, 06:56 PM
Tamira

thank you Lucille, I did not see that piece....it ears my heart out to think of
these poor young victims of man's inhumanity to his neighbor
Old August 22nd 03, 07:51 PM
georg

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I waited and hoped that somebody , on this Ng that are so quick to
attack me about everything pribvate and political ,will get up and say
some words against Terrorism ....

Because I don't discuss or mourn the senseless waste of human (and
other) life here, doesn't mean that I do not care about such things. I
simply do not feel that mourning, kvetching, or pointing fingers has a
place on this newsgroup.

I go elsewhere for that.

Still working with a lovely hand-dyed varigated cotton floss in two
shades on lavendar Fossil Fern cotton for a wall hanging for someone.
It's coming along rather lovely, I think, despite a lack of attention to
it. I'll probably add a sprinkling of clear crystal beads for reflecting
rays of hope to it. And it should be finished at the NY meetup tomorrow.
=) I'm also going to try to find a metalic piece or two that I've done
and bring to show off.

-georg

Old August 23rd 03, 07:52 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Yes Elizabeth
you are right , this is a needlework group , which never stopped many
here to discuss Their problems with pedophilic priests , their
gardens, coffee, chocolate, rgeumatic problems, diet, mothers in law
education, punishing kids and what not, planning military carreers
ALL those ARE very Needleworky subjects !!!!!of course !!!
And when the towers fell i was amongst those trying to help from my
experience ,,,,, Your answer only strengthens my Knowledge that this
group keeps Double standards ,,, when it is other people`s pains, it
suddenly isn`t not the place ???
may i keep your post and send to every non needlework subject that
appears on this NG ,,,,,
This is a needlework newsgroup, Mirjam. If you want that sort of
outpouring, I suggest you go to talk.politics.

Well Elizabeth i am Human , i am living on the streets of my country
and i mourn ,,,, why can`t i for once pour my Feelings here , am i an
outcast ??? others share here every detail of their life ,,, even
their drinking habits , the medicines they use, the operations they go
through and i can`t Lament the murder of babies ?? Why Elizabeth , are
this babies less than others ????
I thought you once claimed that you never started the off topic threads,
but only responded to others who started them?

Elizabeth

Old August 23rd 03, 07:52 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

thank you Tamira for your kind words ,
mirjam

Old August 23rd 03, 12:06 PM
Pat Porter

I just wish we had more Israeli posters on here. As it is, we only have
Mirjam and her aggressive reaction to most people. Even heropening post on
this thread was totally aggressive.

Pat P.

wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 06:52:18 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

[...]

They are not less, nor more, than other babies. They are the same
babies as the Palestinian babies who routinely are also murdered. It
would seem it is to go on, and on, and on....until one or both sides
stop. This is NOT the route to a solution for either side.

Old August 23rd 03, 02:41 PM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Yes Elizabeth
you are right , this is a needlework group , which never stopped many
here to discuss Their problems with pedophilic priests , their
gardens, coffee, chocolate, rgeumatic problems, diet, mothers in law
education, punishing kids and what not, planning military carreers
ALL those ARE very Needleworky subjects !!!!!of course !!!

I never said that they were. Please don't put words in my mouth.

And when the towers fell i was amongst those trying to help from my
experience ,,,,, Your answer only strengthens my Knowledge that this
group keeps Double standards ,,, when it is other people`s pains, it
suddenly isn`t not the place ???

No, Mirjam. People have often posted their condolences to you for
attacks on innocent people in Israel. And I have never objected to
those posts, although some might have complained that they were off
topic. There isn't a double standard, except by you. You want people
to behave in a way in which you yourself refuse to behave.

may i keep your post and send to every non needlework subject that
appears on this NG ,,,,,

Why my post? Make your own damned post if you want to send it to every
non-needlework subject. Why make me be the evil one? Besides, if you
were going to send that post to others, you would have to be sure that
they were making an off topic post after complaining about off topic
posts, since that was my point to you.

This is a needlework newsgroup, Mirjam. If you want that sort of
outpouring, I suggest you go to talk.politics.

Well Elizabeth i am Human , i am living on the streets of my country
and i mourn ,,,, why can`t i for once pour my Feelings here , am i an
outcast ??? others share here every detail of their life ,,, even
their drinking habits , the medicines they use, the operations they go
through and i can`t Lament the murder of babies ?? Why Elizabeth , are
this babies less than others ????

I didn't say that. Nor would I have objected to your expressing your
feelings of sorrow. What I object to is being chastized for not posting
something off topic, especially when you are one of the first to
complain about off topic posts. If you want to post about how awful you
think the bombing of the UN headquarters is, feel free. But how DARE
you accuse me and others of not caring because we didn't post about it
here? You have no idea what I care about or don't care about and yet
you presume to call people here, and me as one of them, uncaring. It's
infuriating, and I'm sure you didn't think it would go without response.
I guess things had gotten too quiet around here for you and you just
couldn't resist stirring the pot.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old August 23rd 03, 03:27 PM
Dawne Peterson

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote .
I waited and hoped that somebody , on this Ng that are so quick to

attack me about everything pribvate and political ,will get up and say
some words against Terrorism (snip) .. now where are you all the people
who claim they are not Anti Semite , (snip) where are your remarks ,,
now ??

My thought on these things are where they always are---not on this
newgroup, but in my prayers (which, since I am one of the writers for my
congregation, are often also public prayers). I pray, because that has
meaning for me. Some people post, some people think about things inwardly,
some go and read the news and learn more. We do not all do things the same
way.
Dawne

Old August 23rd 03, 07:23 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Mrs PP , for the compliment ,, you calling me agressive has
made my day ,,, as it comes from such an Expert in agressiveness ,
mirjam

I just wish we had more Israeli posters on here. As it is, we only have
Mirjam and her aggressive reaction to most people. Even heropening post on
this thread was totally aggressive.

Pat P.

.. .
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

[...]

Wanted genuine African art and antiques nordend Marketplace 0 December 17th 04 08:44 AM
Sort of OT - Building a Teaching Studio: Input Wanted Tinkster Beads 10 December 11th 04 06:22 AM
wanted: glass blowing torch Lloyd Glass 2 November 10th 04 04:30 AM
torch wanted S. Daly Glass 0 October 1st 04 12:48 AM
I am new to the group, and just wanted to introduce myself:) glassaffinity Beads 1 July 22nd 04 01:32 AM