lampworked drawer pulls and knobs

Old July 24th 03, 10:44 PM
Louis Cage

Default lampworked drawer pulls and knobs

Does anyone have a source for the internally threaded inserts that go into drawer pulls and knobs?
I could get the refill kit, but $36.00 for 12 seems a bit pricey.
Thanks in advance.

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques
Old July 25th 03, 05:47 AM
Mary Shafer

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:44:58 -0500, "Louis Cage"
wrote:

Does anyone have a source for the internally threaded inserts that go into drawer pulls and knobs?
I could get the refill kit, but $36.00 for 12 seems a bit pricey.
Thanks in advance.

Try Lee Valley Hardware (probably at www.leevalley.com) or one of the
catalogs that offer supplies for wood turners. Check on
rec.crafts.woodturning for a list.

The price you give sounds way high to me. You can get hanger bolts,
with one threaded end for the knob and another, differently-threaded
end for the drawer quite economically, like well less than a dollar
each, and they come in multiple lengths.

Mary

"A MiG at your six is better than no MiG at all."
Anonymous US fighter pilot
Old July 25th 03, 06:09 AM
Moonraker

wrote:

Does anyone have a source for the internally threaded inserts that go

into drawer pulls and knobs?
I could get the refill kit, but $36.00 for 12 seems a bit pricey.
Thanks in advance.

If you live in or near a big city, try finding a McMaster-Carr warehouse.
They are like a combination of WWGrainger and HomeDepot. They have almost
any little fastener and the like....

Also you may find what you want in HomeDepot's hardware aisle. Look in the
section where the specialty fasteners are...usually a bunch of drawers with
all sorts of "stuff"

Old July 26th 03, 02:04 AM
Mike Firth

Forget about Home Depot, which will have only the most common stuff, in
little bags, only a few of each, at a relatively high cost. What you want
is probably what I bought from MSC ( www.mscdirect.com ) stainless steel
8-32 threaded spacers or stand offs, which you can see discussed at
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/MFGL.htm#knobs (a bit slow to load) These
are slightly larger (1/4th inch) than the ones in the kit (3/16") but look
okay [ several lengths, 67721647 as below, go to the page for other
sizes.1/4 In. O.D. Round Threaded Standoffs Type: Round Threaded Standoffs
Body Length: 3/4 Thread Size: 8-32 Material: Stainless Steel Finish/Coating:
Bright $1.50

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"suzilem" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

Does anyone have a source for the internally threaded inserts that

go
into drawer pulls and knobs?
I could get the refill kit, but $36.00 for 12 seems a bit pricey.
Thanks in advance.

If you live in or near a big city, try finding a McMaster-Carr

warehouse.
They are like a combination of WWGrainger and HomeDepot. They have

almost
any little fastener and the like....

oooooh! Thank you! They are the mother lode! Their webpage is very
helpful -- nice illustrations so now I can figure out what to call the
little thingamabob BEFORE I go to Home Depot.....

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Old August 1st 03, 04:08 AM
nJb

suzilem wrote:

oooooh! Thank you! They are the mother lode! Their webpage is very
helpful -- nice illustrations so now I can figure out what to call the
little thingamabob BEFORE I go to Home Depot.....

http://www.mcmaster.com/

I ordered parts for my kiln online from MMC on a Monday evening and UPS
put them on my porch on Wednesday afternoon.
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/

Fan Pulls - custom order? Tink Beads 6 September 28th 03 10:24 PM
OT- lampworking drawer pulls and knobs Louis Cage Beads 9 July 30th 03 03:43 AM