Help finding picture for possible pattern.

Old June 27th 05, 08:45 PM
F.James Cripwell

Default Help finding picture for possible pattern.

Genevieve Laporte, Pablo Picasso's one time mistress, is auctioning off
a series of sketches he made. One of these is a nude of Genevieve, which
I thought might make another female nude pattern for me. I have tried
googling, but have not been able to come up with the right image. Can
anyone help, please?
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
Old June 27th 05, 08:52 PM
Carolyn Kotlas

F.James Cripwell wrote:
Genevieve Laporte, Pablo Picasso's one time mistress, is auctioning off
a series of sketches he made. One of these is a nude of Genevieve, which
I thought might make another female nude pattern for me. I have tried
googling, but have not been able to come up with the right image. Can
anyone help, please?
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
This creature of doom flies over the frozen tundra in winter,
shrieking its dreaded call; "Key, Key, Key, Key rist but it's cold!!"

Is this the one you're looking for? If not, can you describe it?
Old June 27th 05, 09:08 PM
Carolyn Kotlas

Carolyn Kotlas wrote:
F.James Cripwell wrote:

Genevieve Laporte, Pablo Picasso's one time mistress, is
auctioning off
a series of sketches he made. One of these is a nude of Genevieve, which
I thought might make another female nude pattern for me. I have tried
googling, but have not been able to come up with the right image. Can
anyone help, please?
--
Jim Cripwell. From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
This creature of doom flies over the frozen tundra in winter,
shrieking its dreaded call; "Key, Key, Key, Key rist but it's cold!!"

Is this the one you're looking for? If not, can you describe it?

Whoops, stupid me...forgot the URL:

http://csdll.cs.tamu.edu:8080/picass...seItem?id=5341

Old June 28th 05, 12:49 AM
F.James Cripwell

Carolyn Kotlas ) writes:
Carolyn Kotlas wrote:
Is this the one you're looking for? If not, can you describe it?

Whoops, stupid me...forgot the URL:

http://csdll.cs.tamu.edu:8080/picass...seItem?id=5341

Thanks, but that is not the one. It is full front nudity, and is one
of the sketches Genevieve Laporte is putting up for auction at the moment.
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
Old June 28th 05, 12:51 AM
F.James Cripwell

"Jan Lennie" ) writes:
Is it this one
http://csdll.cs.tamu.edu:8080/picass...seItem?id=5341
Jan

Thanks, Jan, but it is not the one. See my previous post.
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
Old June 28th 05, 01:09 AM
F.James Cripwell

I have found an extremely bad picture of Genevieve Laporte holding a
picture of the one I am looking for at
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/
content/article/2005/06/17/AR2005061700353.html
It is very difficult to see the nude picture.
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
Old June 28th 05, 01:24 AM
Jenn L

F.James Cripwell wrote:
Genevieve Laporte, Pablo Picasso's one time mistress, is auctioning off
a series of sketches he made. One of these is a nude of Genevieve, which
I thought might make another female nude pattern for me. I have tried
googling, but have not been able to come up with the right image. Can
anyone help, please?
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
This creature of doom flies over the frozen tundra in winter,
shrieking its dreaded call; "Key, Key, Key, Key rist but it's cold!!"

Well I fdound this story:
http://tinyurl.com/cm666
which has a link at the end to an auction house.

The sketch you're looking for (assuming I'm reading this
right) was called "Odalisque" and sold for just over a half
million.

AH HAH HAH!!!

http://tinyurl.com/dzc27
Go to page 4 of the PDF that comes up. Is that the one?

--
Jenn L.

www.needleful-things.com
Current projects:
Home of the Brave (Sally Rung - soldier remembrance project)
Autumn Sampler (Nathalie Forster/Crazy For Cross Stitch mag)
Spring in the Air (Just Nan)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Starry Night (Van Gogh)
Old June 28th 05, 04:49 AM
Jenn L

F.James Cripwell wrote:
I have found an extremely bad picture of Genevieve Laporte holding a
picture of the one I am looking for at
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/
content/article/2005/06/17/AR2005061700353.html
It is very difficult to see the nude picture.
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
This creature of doom flies over the frozen tundra in winter,
shrieking its dreaded call; "Key, Key, Key, Key rist but it's cold!!"

Okay, the one I found wasn't it...

--
Jenn L.

www.needleful-things.com
Current projects:
Home of the Brave (Sally Rung - soldier remembrance project)
Autumn Sampler (Nathalie Forster/Crazy For Cross Stitch mag)
Spring in the Air (Just Nan)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Starry Night (Van Gogh)

Need Feedback - charity pattern idea Lazygirl Quilting 21 March 17th 05 07:13 PM
Picture to computer-generated CCS paattern. F.James Cripwell Needlework 1 March 6th 05 06:11 PM
Pattern Mistakes Julie Needlework 21 March 28th 04 08:01 PM
Copyrights and Pattern Usage [email protected] Sewing 0 November 28th 03 05:08 PM
Thanks to those who helped finding South Side Finisher and Dog Pattern Perpetual Student Needlework 1 August 26th 03 04:22 PM