New space for quilting

Old September 11th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default New space for quilting

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:57:20 -0500, Maureen Wozniak
wrote:

Don't have any suggestions for the cabinet (I'm a lucky dog and had my giant
quilting table custom made and I've got the entire basement apartment for my
studio), but I am happy dancing for your new quilting room.

Maureen

Do you have pics of your grand table online for us to see?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 12th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:09:29 -0500, Debra wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

Don't have any suggestions for the cabinet (I'm a lucky dog and had my
giant
quilting table custom made and I've got the entire basement apartment for
my
studio), but I am happy dancing for your new quilting room.

Maureen

Do you have pics of your grand table online for us to see?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Not at the moment, but there are some that I can get online when I get back
from my weeklong business trip to Chicago.

What a pain it has been (and probably will continue to be).

Maureen

Old September 12th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

On Sep 7, 12:26 am, "Elizabeth in Clayton,NC"
wrote:
Howdy folks!

It has been awhile since I posted to the group... years even? I sure
have missed you, but just had too much on my plate to participate.

To be honest, a lot has happened since my last lurk... and
unfortunately, quilting was not part of the happenings.

The short of it is:
1. My mom was diagnosed with MS and had to retire on disability in
Louisiana.
2. I got laid off--- but found my dream job at the end of that...
3. Katrina
4. Sold Mom's house - bought her a condo in NC and moved her up here
to be closer to me a year ago
5. My 21 year old quilt inspector (the purry kind) had a major stroke
and we had to say goodbye
6. Mom went downhill.
7. Mom moved into an assisted living community, at age 63.
8. Sold the condo, moved all of mom's stuff to my garage.

So, since I am moving family heirlooms and furnishings into my house,
my hubby decided I needed to get a quilting room of my own. I had been
regulated to the corner of the bonus room on a beat up old dining room
table. We donated the table to a thrift store for pet adoptions... and
hubby bought me an Elna for our wedding anniversary....

Great bookcase my mom used to store her fabric is now in the 2nd
Bedroom (now called Elizabeth's Quilting Room), and I am in the
process of picking out a cabinet for the machine. To go from having a
clunky Singer on a tiny RV dining table to a new Elna on a selected by
me cabinet is really exciting.

So, my question for you is... do you have any suggestions on brands or
places to buy? I have 3 criteria and looked at one yesterday that met
them... Before I commit, I thought I would ask you all.

I am looking for
1. A drop leaf on the back to hold the quilt after it passes the
machine.
2. A lift system
3. Cabinet designed so i am centered in front of needle when seated...
not the center of the machine.

It is great to see familiar names here... even if you don't remember
me!

i look forward to more postings.

Elizabeth in Clayton, NC

Hi Elizabeth, I'm Elly (an Elizabeth too) and new on here too. You
seem to have had been through quite a bit . I hope your mum is
settled and comfortable and your life a load a little lighter. Your
interest in quilting will help you through undoubtedly.
I have a Horn 'quilters delight' which comes with a seperate chest of
drawers that can slide under it (if it wasn't stuffed with boxes of
fabric under there) the back lifts up for quilting or can be set down
to tuck the table nearer the wall. You can see, a rarely seen tidy
version, of my sewing corner in my photos on the link below. You
wouldn't want to see it at th moment...
Elly
http://community.webshots.com/album/560496349kqCVNS

Book: Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space Allison Orange Needlework 1 August 1st 06 03:03 PM
I'm Back from Space!!! She in PA Quilting 13 March 6th 06 11:31 PM
The space quilt Debra Quilting 1 February 5th 05 09:28 PM
downsizing my space reltuc Machine Knit 0 November 20th 03 03:16 PM