Need shagging instructions

Old January 21st 05, 12:18 AM
taria

I have a friend named Clarkie. Her dad's best friend was Clark and
she was supposed to be a boy!

Taria

Johanna Gibson wrote:

I went to school with a girl named Clark.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old January 21st 05, 12:28 AM
Julia Altshuler

Johanna Gibson wrote:

I went to school with a girl named Clark.

It isn't unusual in the U.S. South to give a girl her mother's maiden
name or some other last name in the family as a first name. The writers
Flannery O'Connor, Harper Lee and Carson McCullers are examples. Boys
get last names as first names too: Walker Percy, Truman Capote. I
wonder if your schoolmate's parents were following this naming
tradition. Come to think of it, it isn't only the Southern U.S. I'm
thinking of Reeve Lindbergh and Land Lindbergh.

--Lia

Old January 21st 05, 12:32 AM
georg

Johanna Gibson wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:33:09 GMT, georg wrote:

Hrm. Surname Crapper, or given name of Georg as a female... I'll have to
think about which is worse...

-georg

I went to school with a girl named Clark.

-- Jo in Scotland

She did not listen to Georgie-Porgie.

But I am sure the kids were just as dreadful. They usually are.

-georg
Old January 21st 05, 04:14 AM
Kim E

My 5th grade teacher was named Walterina. Her dad was Walter.

33 years later, I still have not forgotten the name Walterina.
Probably never will.

Kim

Old January 21st 05, 04:53 AM
Sharon Harper

Then thank the Angels I wasn't named Ciszka (pron Chiss-Kaa)

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old January 21st 05, 02:09 PM
Maureen Wozniak

It means "to come along" as in: I'm going to the LQS. Want to come with?

Maureen

Leigh Harris wrote:

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote

In Illinois, Chicagoan's who find themselves south of I-80 are puzzled
when someone asks if they "want to go with?"

Okay, I'm a looong way south of the I-80. Any chance of explaining what that
means?

I find more and more people here are asking for "the bathroom" too, which is
strange. In most houses in Australia, they won't find a toilet in there! We
Aussies are generally much more direct. We just ask for the loo, dunny,
toilet...

Old January 21st 05, 02:39 PM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"Kim E" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 5th grade teacher was named Walterina. Her dad was Walter.

33 years later, I still have not forgotten the name Walterina.
Probably never will.

Kim

My insurance agent has a woman working for him named Williamina.

Giselle - some folks are just plain nutz when they name their kids

Old January 21st 05, 03:00 PM
georg

Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:

My insurance agent has a woman working for him named Williamina.

Giselle - some folks are just plain nutz when they name their kids

Williamina is a fine old name, although it is usually spelled differently.

Giselle was my best friend one summer at day care in Ohio many many
years ago. So you aren't the only one out there. Only, she wanted
everyone to call her Artimis.

I am very happy I wasn't given my mother's maiden name as a first name.
It's Condon. If I had been a boy, I'd be Ken Jr.

-georg
Old January 21st 05, 03:53 PM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"georg" wrote in message
Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:

My insurance agent has a woman working for him named Williamina.

Giselle - some folks are just plain nutz when they name their kids

Williamina is a fine old name, although it is usually spelled differently.

Giselle was my best friend one summer at day care in Ohio many many
years ago. So you aren't the only one out there. Only, she wanted
everyone to call her Artimis.

Hey, my fellow f'loonslayer on alt.music.michael-jackson is Artimis!

I am very happy I wasn't given my mother's maiden name as a first name.
It's Condon. If I had been a boy, I'd be Ken Jr.

-georg

I'm glad you mentioned you were female. I thought you were our token male.

Giselle (do you pronounce your name the same as the name with the "e" on the
end?)

Old January 21st 05, 04:19 PM
Barbara Raper

With a last name of Raper (English name I think) we were very careful in
naming our DS. He was still teased unmercifully in school. A nephew
changed his last name to Roper. There are a lot of Cherokee Indians with
the last name of Raper. My Great Grandmother was Cherokee with the last
name of Evans.
Barbara in FL & SC

I know that, but it's a good name to get teased with.

Dee in Oz