OT - reading question

Old April 5th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi

Default OT - reading question

On Apr 5, 1:52*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Kathyl:
If you go for the Ann Ross books, try to start with the first one .... I
*think* the title is "Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind!" .... that one 'sets' the
stage for the series. I like to read such books in sequence. You can usually
get older books in your library or through the interlibrary loan system in
your area. I love libraries!

Right now I am reading Sue Grafton's T is for T ........ ACK! I can't
remember, but it is another good Kinsey Milhone book.

--
Pat"KJ" wrote in message

T is for Trespass. Thanks for mentioning the first Miss Julia title
for me. I couldn't remember the other night. Also, thanks for the
plug for libraries, they need all the good press they can get.

Heidi

Old April 6th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Same with the Sandra Dallas books......there are references in each book to
previous books and characters. Time to reread them again, I think!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"KJ" wrote in message
They don't HAVE to be read in order.....but I'd still suggest it anyway.
There are some references to previous incidents that would be more
interesting if you read them in order. But I do think that if you stumble
upon one out of order that you would still enjoy it. They just don't come
out fast enough!!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Do the Stephanie Plum books get read in order?

Karen, Queen of Squishies,
gonna try one
--
An oyster can live to itself, but without
grains of sand for agitation it cannot

Old April 6th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default OT - a different series

I have to mention Laurie R. King's books featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock
Holmes. They are wonderful! Nothing to do with quilting, but to this fan
of Sherlock Holmes, they are a real shot in the arm. I sure hope she turns
out some more of them, I have been champing at the bit since I finished
Locked Rooms.

JMONSHO

Old May 1st 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Thank you! I am now #109 on the hold list at my local public library.

If I had read this email a month ago when you wrote it, I probably wouldn't
be that far down the list. I'm just glad I didn't just delete all the old
posts now that I'm playing catch-up.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

"Heidi" wrote in message
Bulletin from your friendly quilting librarian- Stephanie Plum number
14 lands in June. That is usually when the new ones come out. In the
meantime, we got the new Jennifer Chiaverini yesterday, "The Winding
Way Quilt". Also funny, but in a very different way from Stephanie
Plum are the Miss Julia books by Ann Ross, and we got the latest one
of those yesterday as well. Can remember the title, it is late.

Heidi

Old May 1st 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

DH has joined a book rental club. Sort of like netflicks for books.
I never even had heard of such a thing until books started showing up
here. I guess there are several different companies doing this. It
might be worth looking into if you read a lot and like us have a poor
library system.
Taria

Old May 1st 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

DH had gotten into reading some roman history stuff and the club
he chose worked for what he is into now. They had Tallgrass by
Sandra Dallas so he got that for me easily enough and I was
happy. I have enjoyed most of her books. I have a lot of reading
stuff waiting to get to so I haven't even looked for anything else.

I tend to buy books at the thrift store (better selection than the
library here) or ebay or half.com. Amazon for gotta have now new stuff
but usually I just hold out until they aren't new and hot. 109 on the
library list just seems like a really long time!
Nice we have lots of choices though.
Taria

Kay Ahr wrote:

Interesting idea. But I don't think the paying clubs are going to have
books yet-to-be-published any sooner than the library will. And from what I
understand, the rental groups also have waiting lists for new books and
books on the bestseller list.

Our library isn't a poor system -- the Evanovich book just hasn't been
published yet. I think it's cool that they have a waiting list even months
before the book comes out. I didn't realize a new Evanovich book was even
due out until I read an old post here from around April 1. The 109
countdown won't even start until after the book is published sometime in
June.

Our library also has interlibrary loans. I've had books from Long Beach and
San Francisco.

Old May 1st 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is great. Report back on how you like it!
Taria

Kay Ahr wrote:
I think our library system is ordering over 50 copies. That would put me in
the third wave -- I'd get a copy of the book after 6 weeks. (We check out
books for 3 weeks and may not renew them if they are on hold for someone
else.) That's soon enough for me!

Old May 1st 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Taria:
We've got a really good system here, so I don't need the rental library, but
I find that an interesting concept. We do have a few second hand buy/sell
paperback stores, but none are convenient for me.
As to being #109 on the list .... the library will buy several copies at
least, plus some people will neglect to pick up the book when their numbers
come up on rotation, and some will just buy the book or borrow from a friend
...... you will probably get the book sooner than you think.
I'm going to our county library tomorrow and will look into advance
reservation of the Steph Plum book# 14. Plus I need some info on how to
reserve on line.
Later,
--
Pat

"Taria" wrote in message
DH had gotten into reading some roman history stuff and the club
he chose worked for what he is into now. They had Tallgrass by
Sandra Dallas so he got that for me easily enough and I was
happy. I have enjoyed most of her books. I have a lot of reading
stuff waiting to get to so I haven't even looked for anything else.

I tend to buy books at the thrift store (better selection than the
library here) or ebay or half.com. Amazon for gotta have now new stuff
but usually I just hold out until they aren't new and hot. 109 on the
library list just seems like a really long time!
Nice we have lots of choices though.
Taria

still reading off kilter quilter Quilting 2 April 5th 06 04:15 PM
OT - reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 12th 05 06:42 PM
I have abandoned AOL for N/G reading... [email protected] Beads 20 January 23rd 05 05:49 PM
Way OT--Reading Lucille Needlework 14 September 18th 03 02:36 AM