OT - reading question

Old April 4th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi

Default OT - reading question

On Apr 3, 4:51*pm, "KJ" wrote:
I've tried a couple of her other series and I don't think I even finished
the books. *I couldn't get into the characters.
I started reading and collecting the Plum books as paperbacks, but as I got
caught up I had to buy the hardbacks because I couldn't wait for the
paperback version. *It really messes up the symmetry of the bookshelf!
I agree with you that it's ideal to read them in order, but if not, then
certainly starting with "One for the Money" would be best. * Hummmm wonder
when we get a new one? *And how long can she dance Stephanie around those
hunky men without commiting to one of them?

--

Bulletin from your friendly quilting librarian- Stephanie Plum number
14 lands in June. That is usually when the new ones come out. In the

Heidi
Old April 4th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Yee Haw! June! oh....june....that's a ways off. That's ok...I just
started the Ken Follet book "Pillars of the Earth"...it's over 900
pages....I'll probably still be reading it when the 14th book comes out in
paperback! I have a couple of the Chiaverini books but they haven't
clicked with me. I haven't heard of the Ann Ross books. Thanks for the
head's up!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 4th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

Yes. They'r worth it. Funny, quick enjoyable reads.
--
Debi

Education is when you read the instructions. Experience is what you get when
you don't.

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Do the Stephanie Plum books get read in order?

Karen, Queen of Squishies,
gonna try one
--
An oyster can live to itself, but without
grains of sand for agitation it cannot

Old April 4th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

the Chiviarini books are really good, but like most series, they
really should be read in order. Just like Harry Potter. they dont
really make sense unless you've read the previous ones.

amy in CNY (and HUGE HP fan)
Old April 4th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Polly, I think that grandmother was created with you as the inspiration!
LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- where we lust after Joe.... and Ranger ain't
half bad, either!

Leslie, I could easily have written exactly the same things as you.
Polly *is* Grandma Mazur, and I wouldn't push either Joe or Ranger away.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old April 4th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Well, Grandma is quite a bit younger. I haven't wrecked many cars lately
just for the fun of it, and my social life doesn't center around what kind
of cookies the funeral homes are serving. Yet. Polly

Old April 5th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Well, Grandma is quite a bit younger. I haven't wrecked many cars lately
just for the fun of it, and my social life doesn't center around what kind
of cookies the funeral homes are serving. Yet. Polly

"Sandy" wrote "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Polly, I think that grandmother was created with you as the inspiration!
LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- where we lust after Joe.... and Ranger
ain't
half bad, either!

Leslie, I could easily have written exactly the same things as you.
Polly *is* Grandma Mazur, and I wouldn't push either Joe or Ranger away.

No, you're right, of course -- but I was thinking more of the
personality and the feistiness. G

Old April 5th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kathyl:
If you go for the Ann Ross books, try to start with the first one .... I
*think* the title is "Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind!" .... that one 'sets' the
stage for the series. I like to read such books in sequence. You can usually
get older books in your library or through the interlibrary loan system in
your area. I love libraries!

Right now I am reading Sue Grafton's T is for T ........ ACK! I can't
remember, but it is another good Kinsey Milhone book.

--
Pat

Old April 5th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks Pat. I'll check around for it....well, after my current book is
finished, that is.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 5th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sue Grafton started with 'A' in that series, and has been going through
the alphabet.
I was sent that one to see if I thought I'd like the series. I wasn't
too keen, for reasons I won't trouble you with, as they were very 'me'
rather than the rest of the world g
..
In message y1RJj.107282$yE1.2216@attbi_s21, KJ
writes
Thanks Pat. I'll check around for it....well, after my current book is
finished, that is.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

still reading off kilter quilter Quilting 2 April 5th 06 04:15 PM
OT - reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 12th 05 06:42 PM
I have abandoned AOL for N/G reading... [email protected] Beads 20 January 23rd 05 05:49 PM
Way OT--Reading Lucille Needlework 14 September 18th 03 02:36 AM