OT-Warning and Whining

Old March 7th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Default OT-Warning and Whining

Any side effects to Axert? I have Topomax, but to be honest, I take oodles
of Excedrin Migraine (about, I'm sad & scared to say, 12-14 a day -- the max
dosage is 2) instead because of the side effects. Topomax makes me feel too
.... drugged. And not in a good way. While I'm not the nicest person, or the
most intelligent, responsive person during a bad migraine, I can still
function fairly well and Topomax just takes that away. I just figure that
"this too, shall pass" and do the best I can. But can't with Topomax.

But if I could nip migraines in the bud without feeling druggy and off and
not ruin my stomach (which Excedrin does BIG time), that would be lovely!!

--
Connie :-)
FREE patterns n' FREE eZine at my blog:

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Have you tried Axert at the first sign of it? I rarely have to take a 2nd
one--unless the sinuses are kicking up. That and an ICE bag on the side of
the head that hurts and one on that side of the neck usually stops them in
their tracks. Pill may take 5 min to kick in if it's really bad. Mine now
start with 'seeing wavy lines' like heat shimmers off hot pavement in the
summer. Have had a few bummers that included NOT being able to see in the
middle--could see a person's hair but NOT their face--just a big black
circle and not able to even talk., and light was excoriating...worst one

was
6 weeks after major surgery. In fact, my first one was 2 days after the

same
surgery...day I was to go home....then the bummer 6 weeks later. TG, the
sitter had just brought the kids over for a visit--and I couldn't see her
face. Even have had them to the point of getting a shot in the back of my
head. That broke the cycle--and since then the way lines start...so I do
have a bit of leeway to grab the Axert.
Have been told that chocolate (I couldn't have any at the time),
cheese--especially cheddar and any 'foreign' named ones, working under
fluorescent lighting (they flicker) and not 'relaxing the eyes' every half
hour can all cause them. (looking away at something in the distance if

doing
close up work--having a small light on by the computer and NOT working in
the dark either on the compie or when watching TV (Both have

non-noticeable
light flickering) DS had his first migraine after working 10 hours on the
compie--he now has a small regular lamp at his work station, and a small
lamp on at home and hasn't had one since.
Hope you have a good trip back east and fly safe

Butterfly (not wishing them on anyone)

"steve" wrote in message
Hello All

There seems to be a new rash of Trolls, Phishers, Hackers and whatever
else
on the prowl the last week. I just wanted to send out a warning to be
ever
vigilant. My PayPal account was hacked, and I haven't used it in 8
months.
Caught it right away and put a stop payment on my savings account and a
claim in to PayPal. They acknowledged a whole new rash or stuff last
week.
Still dealing with it and it looks like I'm not out any money other than
the
stop payment fee.

Another new scam is targeting emails and sending a legit sounding email
that
you're on vacation with a school trip, etc., and have had your
purse/wallet
stolen and need money to get home, etc. It's not an all out spam since

it
seems to only be using your email address book and is written in a down
home
manner. Have had several friends hit with this.

Now the whine. Why do principals, in all their infinite wisdom, allow a
two
day basketball tournament to be held at school, at the end of the

quarter
when grades are due, and the two days before spring break? Please,
please,
explain this to me. I really need to know and understand this. So
between
the endless pleas to get out of class and go watch the games, the noise

of
the announcer, buzzers, and cheerleaders coming out the doors from the

gym
right upstairs to my room, I have a migraine. It seems to be only a one
pill migraine, but that is enough so I am off to have a small sip of
coca-cola and some dark chocolate. In moderation, along with the drugs,

should be better in another couple of hours. Just the last thing I need
deal with.

But I still have to pack to fly out tomorrow night. We are off to
Knoxville
to see the sights and my Sis and BIL and I have to pull something

together
to have to sew on the plane and in the airport and in the timeshare in

the
evening. I can't go a week without something to sew. I'd be in major
withdrawal. Bert would roll his eyes at that one.

Anyways, beware and thanks for letting me whine.

Steven
Alaska

Old March 7th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Connie- be careful!!! PLEASE! I took Tylenol with my Ultram for arthritis
pain and it nearly destroyed my kidneys. I have renal papillary necrosis
and chronic kidney failure now. Your liver is also at risk. PLEASE try to
find another way to handle the migraine pain???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 7th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"steve" wrote:

[...]

coca-cola and some dark chocolate. In moderation, along with the drugs, I
should be better in another couple of hours. Just the last thing I need to
deal with.

But I still have to pack to fly out tomorrow night. We are off to Knoxville
to see the sights and my Sis and BIL and I have to pull something together
to have to sew on the plane and in the airport and in the timeshare in the
evening. I can't go a week without something to sew. I'd be in major
withdrawal. Bert would roll his eyes at that one.

Anyways, beware and thanks for letting me whine.

Steven
Alaska

Thanks for the heads-up about the new scam, Steve. I can completely
sympathize about the basketball tournament, too! At the high school
where I used to teach, the tournament went on for a week, and it was
during the last week of the fall semester -- when final exams were being
given! :O I never did understand that one.

Have a wonderful time on your trip -- the relaxation should do wonders
for your migraine.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 7th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

SewVeryCreative wrote:
Any side effects to Axert? I have Topomax, but to be honest, I take oodles
of Excedrin Migraine (about, I'm sad & scared to say, 12-14 a day -- the max
dosage is 2) instead because of the side effects.

Having looked at what it contains, I'm surprised the maximum in a day is
2, the acetaminophen (tylenol) is the drug in it that has a narrow gap
between the therapeutic dosage and the toxic dosage, but the max advised
dose in a day is 4g, which is the amount in 16 excedrin migraine
tablets. I think it must be to do with the caffeine, which has a much
wider range where there are significant, even risky side effects before
it becomes toxic. Plus with the caffeine there are more risks in the
long term. All the active ingredients are available separately, I think
there one of the other excedrins has the same without the caffeine.
Caffeine on it's own is in a different section in the drug store, it's
got names such as "Keep Alert", "Pep Back" etc. you could try them
separately and see if you can keep the caffeine component down.

Cheers
Anne
Old March 8th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

Any side effects to Axert?

All drugs have side effects. Look he

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/axert.html

That list says to me that you'd better have a good reason to switch
to it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old March 8th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi

On Mar 7, 7:59*am, "SewVeryCreative"
wrote:
LOL, thank you, Steve!! I've told friends and family (when they ask how bad
migraines get) about the auras, but they never believed me!! Nice to know
that I'm not just hallucinating!!

From what I understand, the auras are "rare" (this, from my doctor) ... only
about 1 out of every 6 get'em. Nice to know that the world isn't as big as I
thought it was! My dad gets auras, too (both of my parents suffer from
extreme migraines, too) but my mom, from what I know, doesn't.

I get auras too, have had them since I started getting migraines at
age 13. That was one of the ways they diagnosed them. I sometimes
think I hate the aura more than the headache. The good thing is that
they only last half an hour or so, and the frequency of my migraines
has gotten much less as I have gotten older. I have pretty good
results from Imatrex.

Heidi
Old March 8th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT:Migraines (was OT-Warning and Whining)

"steve" wrote in message
have a migraine. It seems to be only a one
pill migraine, but that is enough so I am off to have a small sip of
coca-cola and some dark chocolate. In moderation, along with the drugs, I
should be better in another couple of hours. Just the last thing I need
deal with.

Funny how everyone with migraines experience them differently -- although
neither dark chocolate or cola are migraine triggers for me, I can't go
anywhere near either of them when I have one.

Thank goodness for migraine drugs!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply

Old March 8th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"SewVeryCreative" wrote in message
Any side effects to Axert? I have Topomax, but to be honest, I take oodles
of Excedrin Migraine (about, I'm sad & scared to say, 12-14 a day -- the
max
dosage is 2) instead because of the side effects. Topomax makes me feel
too
... drugged. And not in a good way. While I'm not the nicest person, or
the
most intelligent, responsive person during a bad migraine, I can still
function fairly well and Topomax just takes that away. I just figure that
"this too, shall pass" and do the best I can. But can't with Topomax.

But if I could nip migraines in the bud without feeling druggy and off and
not ruin my stomach (which Excedrin does BIG time), that would be lovely!!

Have you talked to your doctor about the side effects? Luckily the first
drug my doc tried on my did the trick, with virtually no side effects, but
he stressed to me that there are a LOT of drugs out there for migraines, and
often several need to be tried before just the right one is found.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply

Old March 8th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Oh Connie, I'm scared for you taking so much of that.... please see a
dr. It really could damage kidneys and liver and you would not know
until the damage is done.

As for auras, I used to get advanced notice that I was getting a
migraine -- usually I would notice that I couldn't hear well at all,
that voices were far off and hard to understand the words, sorta
garbled. And everything was too bright. But lately the first symptom
is a sudden shock of pain in one eye and then I'm throwing up. All at
once. Sucks.

Hang in there. See your doctor. If your migraine med doesn't work or
has side effects you can't stand, see the doctor again. It took four
drugs before I found what works for me. Be persistent.

Sunny
Old March 8th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

My doctor prescribed Maxalt-MLT for migraine. One tablet dissolved under
the tongue usually does it for me, though it usually takes an hour or so
to feel better. One nice thing about this med is that it doesn't have to
be taken at the first sign of a headache. I often wake up feeling
headachey in the morning, but it doesn't always develop into a
full-blown headache requiring the Maxalt.

Julia in MN

steve wrote:
[...]

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Nooooooo......(whining).......... ~KK in BC~ Quilting 13 August 25th 05 11:23 PM
Whining Marcella Peek Quilting 29 August 21st 05 05:23 PM
OT - complaining and whining... Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 2 November 22nd 03 06:35 PM
Update on my whining mkahogan Beads 5 September 7th 03 10:35 PM