HMS Daring Quilt

Old February 26th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ed

Default HMS Daring Quilt

Hello all

I have been away quite a lot scuba diving. :-)) Just got back from a week in
the Maldives with Sue (who didn't dive - just chilled out on the small
cruiser).

Anyway! Just to let the few of you who remember me that I am coming to the
competion of my HMS Daring Quilt. Going to need stretching soon. After I
binned my first effort I became a little discouraged. But here we are
gettiing ever closer to completion on my second try. My target is the
Selsey, Sussex, UK quilt show in August this year.

Hopefully you can view my efforts so far at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12554259@N07/2293452563/

Newbie Eddie

Old February 26th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

WOWWWWW!!! That is just plain FANTASTIC!!! You really did a great job on
that- love the water, too. What a great fabric you found for that-
ummmmm... I'm guessing that's a fabric and not pieced or appliqued???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 26th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article , "ed" ed@gimmeyrtot
wrote:

Hello all

I have been away quite a lot scuba diving. :-)) Just got back from a week in
the Maldives with Sue (who didn't dive - just chilled out on the small
cruiser).

Anyway! Just to let the few of you who remember me that I am coming to the
competion of my HMS Daring Quilt. Going to need stretching soon. After I
binned my first effort I became a little discouraged. But here we are
gettiing ever closer to completion on my second try. My target is the
Selsey, Sussex, UK quilt show in August this year.

Hopefully you can view my efforts so far at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12554259@N07/2293452563/

Newbie Eddie

Welcome back, Eddie! Oh my -- your HMS Daring is amazing! I'd almost
swear that ship was coming at me. G Best of luck at the show -- your
quilt is sure to be a hit.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old February 26th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ed

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
WOWWWWW!!! That is just plain FANTASTIC!!! You really did a great job on
that- love the water, too. What a great fabric you found for that-
ummmmm... I'm guessing that's a fabric and not pieced or appliqued???

Thanks Leslie

Yes it is a fabric. Now I have to put a bow wave and wake on to give the
ship a little speed. Then the final commissioning will be the adding of the
ship's pennant number after stretching and quilting.

Newbie Eddie

Old February 26th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

I'm seasick just from looking at the water. Forget the details...I kinda
'see' that they're there but I' not about to get up and get the magnifying
glass just to double check.
is there a way to make the pic larger? Double click or anything like that?
Are the heli blades fabric or embroidery? That's the kind of 'stuff' I can't
tell for sure.
Butterfly (Figured you were working on this masterpiece and instead your
were out checking sights for the next one. ...Sights Seen Whilst
Scubaing--bottom of boat and on from there : )

Old February 26th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ed

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
I'm seasick just from looking at the water. Forget the details...I kinda
'see' that they're there but I' not about to get up and get the magnifying
glass just to double check.
is there a way to make the pic larger? Double click or anything like that?
Are the heli blades fabric or embroidery?

Rotor blades are embroidered on.

Sorry I cannot say if you can click to enlarge on Flickr or not.

Newbie Eddie

Old February 26th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Butterflywings wrote:
I'm seasick just from looking at the water. Forget the details...I kinda
'see' that they're there but I' not about to get up and get the magnifying
glass just to double check.
is there a way to make the pic larger? Double click or anything like that?
Are the heli blades fabric or embroidery? That's the kind of 'stuff' I can't
tell for sure.

You can see it in more detail if you choose "view all sizes" and then
"original". Here is a link to the big version:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1255425...52563/sizes/o/

Lizzy
Old February 26th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Eddie that is breathtaking! It's marvellous. Well done indeed. I was
actually telling someone about your battleship quilts this very morning!
(My Mum always said I was psychic g)
Hope there isn't too much more to do on it. The fabrics are
outstanding. Can you tell I really, really like it!

Is Sue going to Malvern this year?
..
In message , ed
writes
Hello all

I have been away quite a lot scuba diving. :-)) Just got back from a week in
the Maldives with Sue (who didn't dive - just chilled out on the small
cruiser).

Anyway! Just to let the few of you who remember me that I am coming to the
competion of my HMS Daring Quilt. Going to need stretching soon. After I
binned my first effort I became a little discouraged. But here we are
gettiing ever closer to completion on my second try. My target is the
Selsey, Sussex, UK quilt show in August this year.

Hopefully you can view my efforts so far at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12554259@N07/2293452563/

Newbie Eddie

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 26th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Wow, that looks wonderful! I like the way the tilt gives the illusion of
speed. How do you plan to quilt it? Thanks for the view.
Roberta in D

Old February 26th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

In between where it says HMS Daring and the picture there is a little
(very little!) magnifying sign that says All Sizes.

Its the Large size you want (original is enormous.

Well done Eddie - its looking very impressive.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

HMS Daring Quilt Eddie Quilting 8 July 2nd 07 06:49 PM
HMS Daring Quilt Eddie Quilting 1 December 1st 06 02:51 PM
HMS Daring Quilt Eddie Quilting 14 August 25th 06 07:29 PM
HMS Daring - My next quilt! Eddie Quilting 11 August 3rd 06 04:09 PM
Getting Daring duh who Sewing 11 September 13th 03 01:20 AM