Wax paper/ Freezer Paper question

Old November 13th 05, 01:52 AM
Cheryl in Oz

Default Wax paper/ Freezer Paper question

Wax and Freezer are VERY different. Don't mix them.

Have you got a Teflon pressing sheet - that is perfect st fused pieces just
peel off and can be reironed onto fabric.

--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Well I'm about to start fusing my Quilt Diva wall hanging together, and
the
instructions have groupings that you are suppose to fuse together, cool
and
then place on wax paper...... will freezer paper do?? Or am I going to
have to go to the little local grocery store and pay a small fortune???
:-)
Because I just got back from the city and I am so not going back in
today....

Jan

Old November 13th 05, 02:14 AM
Polly Esther

I can't even imagine why they would instruct you to cool the pieces and then
place them on wax paper. What on earth for? Polly

Old November 13th 05, 04:54 AM
Polly Esther

Oh. Well, in that case. I know lots about threads and dog hair but
couldn't quite follow why you had to have wax paper. There's always some
here in the kitchen but it's never been invited into the sewing room. Now
that I think about it, it really should be good for keeping separate your
stacks of cooled fused applique groups. Alton Brown, one of our favorite tv
cooks says it makes stuff taste like birthday cake candles. Wonder how he
knows? Polly

"Jan" wrote in message
25.201...
lol... well..... the over all size is 29 x 53 so.... you fuse her
face... then you fuse her shoes, socks and legs, then her torso... which
is where I'm currently stuck because I missed the fact that I needed 2
inches of lace for a pocket.... sigh.... but then you eventually fuse it
all together on a larger piece.... but bits and pieces are tucked in and
around so..... you fuse a grouping and then store it on the wax paper so
it doesn't get threads and dog fur (not that I'd ever have any of that
here....) stuck to it while you are fusing the other groups.... and
just in case that is clear as mud or you are now just plain curious....
here's a finished one from a website selling the pattern
http://www.appliquequilt.com/pics/4/ABD169_3.jpg mine of course looks
different because I can't help customizing :-)

Jan

"Polly Esther" wrote in
k.net:

Old November 13th 05, 06:42 PM
Anne in CA

Jan,
Parchment baking paper works great for this too. I bought a box during
my "Martha" phase and have since moved it from the kitchen pantry to the
sewing room closet.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

:

Wax and Freezer are VERY different. Don't mix them.

Have you got a Teflon pressing sheet - that is perfect st fused pieces
just peel off and can be reironed onto fabric.

Thanks....and that was for moving them off the pressing sheet after they
cooled..... large area of fused stuff so they have groupings that you do
and move off the sheet.....

Jan