OT Computer question

Old December 15th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Default OT Computer question

Thanks Mike. Copied and saved! I may give them a try, but from
Steven's description of the Dell with the little feet on the side--which
my emachine lacks--I have a feeling I already know the answer. Still,
I'm going to keep your link for future reference.

Michelle in Nevada

wrote:
Hi Michelle

E-Mail the E-Machine support desk for the correct
info re your model of PC

E-Mail form can be found on company home page
http://www.emachines.com/corporate/contacts.html

Corporate Headquarters
Gateway, Inc.
7565 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, California 92618

Best wishs from That man in Chester
UK Mike A

"Michelle C." wrote in message
Well, it's sort of OT. I'm trying to get more space in my sewing room
and realized one thing that would help is if I could set my computer
tower on its side and put it on a shelf, instead of having it on top
of the table where it now sits. Does anyone know if it is safe to put
a computer on its side?

Thanks!
Michelle in Nevada

Old December 15th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

Michelle, you could try it on its side to see it it will work that
wayshrug

Nana

"Michelle C." wrote in message
W1800 E-machine. It's about 7 years old--getting ancient in computer
years.

Thanks!
Michelle in Nevada

wrote:
Michelle

Email me the name / model number of your PC.

I will try downloading a setup manual

Mike A

Old December 15th 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'm not sure we're all singing from the same page here. My hp stands 'tall
/ skinny'; is that what you mean by standing on its side? And I laughed
when I finally realized what Frank meant about the cup holder. The cup
holder on the hp is also in a tall / skinny setup rather than down flat to
decently hold a coffee cup. Polly

"Michelle C." wrote in message
I'm beginning to gather that this is a feature that may be specific to
Dells. The tower I saw on its side was a Dell.

Old December 15th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

clever girl!!
j.

"Michelle C." wrote ...
As a matter of fact the towers I saw on their sides were Dells--so that
explains that mystery. Thanks Steven. :-)

My tower is staying upright.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

Old December 15th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

hmmm... a tower...
a computer tower... I kind of remember that... ....

http://www.apple.com/mac/
so much more room for bundles of fabric ... ;-P

R/Sandy - I'm just sayin'... ... ... LOL

On 12/15/09 12:36 AM, in article
ommunications, "Steven Cook"
wrote:

Hi

I'd have to agree with what everyone has said, but there is a but to this.

Many of the computers that we have ordered for our computer labs at school,
which are Dells, have supposedly been designed to be placed either flat or
standing up. They have little rubber footies on the side to lay down and
similar footies to stand up. The cup holder, er, CD drive also has little
clippy things that can be rotated so that if the drive is vertical, the CD
won't fall out. They've been working now for more than 5 years, every day
so they must be okay.

Now, granted, this is a specific example, but your machine could be similar.
A typical tower though should not be layed on its side.

Steven
Alaska

Old December 16th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

We have our Dell standing 'upright' but on the right hand side there are
no air vents but it has 4 feet so it can go flat and then you can use
the coffee cup holder. At the moment it is only useful for CDs and DVDs
which are quite happy to sit upright.

The name stickers on it though obviously expect you to have it upright -
I suppose this is the commonest way to save space!

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

Old December 16th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Hi Polly,

By upright, I mean standing tall and skinny. :-)

Michelle in Nevada

"Michelle C." wrote in message
I'm beginning to gather that this is a feature that may be specific to
Dells. The tower I saw on its side was a Dell.

OT Computer question...... NanaWilson Quilting 5 August 1st 09 02:33 AM
OT computer question KJ Quilting 6 December 19th 08 03:40 PM
OT - Computer question Kate G. Quilting 5 December 22nd 05 09:28 PM
OT/Computer Question [email protected] Quilting 8 October 3rd 05 03:49 PM
OT- computer question Armand Vine Beads 4 August 30th 04 04:23 AM