the diamond saga continues

Old November 8th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

Default the diamond saga continues

I have sewn together all my little diamonds into larger diamonds now.
Each large diamond has nine little ones. They are shaded light to dark
from end to end. Gorgeous! All the nine patch squares were already
done, so I'm ready to put it on the design wall. Oh. No. All 32 large
diamonds are sewn together incorrectly. Every. Single. One. They are
supposed to be shaded light to dark from side to side, not top to
bottom. It took me at least 8 weeks or more to get them done. For now
I am just going to walk away. Sometime this week I will rootle around
and see if there is enough fabric left to cut them again. I just can't
bear the thought of taking them all apart and resewing them - without
stretching, mind you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old November 8th 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

But Karen: if you have done them, and love them, what does it matter if
they are the wrong way round? Just have yours shading from top to
bottom. Surely this will be OK? It has to be ... ...
..
In message %oGJm.126717$la3.126702@attbi_s22, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 8th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Can you turn the diamonds the other way? Just a desperate attempt to
salvage things. I'm so, so, sooooooooo sorry this happened when you've been
working so hard and so diligently and with health problems thrown in, too.
{{{{{Karen}}}}}

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 8th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

Patti and Leslie,
I appreciate your heart-felt sympathy, and if I have enough fabric to
cut them again, these blocks will be used in something else. However,
they won't work for this quilt. You remember those Jinny Beyer quilts,
they are all about the SHADING. So you see my dilemma...

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 8th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jeri

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
I have sewn together all my little diamonds into larger diamonds now.
Each large diamond has nine little ones. They are shaded light to
dark from end to end. Gorgeous! All the nine patch squares were
already done, so I'm ready to put it on the design wall. Oh. No. All 32
large diamonds are sewn together incorrectly. Every. Single.
One. They are supposed to be shaded light to dark from side to side,
not top to bottom. It took me at least 8 weeks or more to get them
done. For now I am just going to walk away. Sometime this week I
will rootle around and see if there is enough fabric left to cut them
again. I just can't bear the thought of taking them all apart and
resewing them - without stretching, mind you.

Karen I'm so sorry this happened! Could you perhaps redo the 9 patches to
match the shading of your diamonds? Seems like 9 patches would be easier to
rip and resew than all those diamonds.
--
Jeri
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade.....

Old November 8th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Artistic license allows you to put your own spin on a design.
Put them on your design wall, shaded light to dark end to end, in the
layout the design says.
Now, can you do your nine patches again, and make the design dance to
your mucis?

Ginger in CA

Old November 9th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article %oGJm.126717$la3.126702@attbi_s22,
"Karen, Queen of Squishies" wrote:

I have sewn together all my little diamonds into larger diamonds now.
Each large diamond has nine little ones. They are shaded light to dark
from end to end. Gorgeous! All the nine patch squares were already
done, so I'm ready to put it on the design wall. Oh. No. All 32 large
diamonds are sewn together incorrectly. Every. Single. One. They are
supposed to be shaded light to dark from side to side, not top to
bottom. It took me at least 8 weeks or more to get them done. For now
I am just going to walk away. Sometime this week I will rootle around
and see if there is enough fabric left to cut them again. I just can't
bear the thought of taking them all apart and resewing them - without
stretching, mind you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Oh, Karen! I'm so sorry this happened to you! Is there nothing you can
do to salvage what you already have?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 9th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

hmmm...... you might have something there. Thanks for the idea!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old November 9th 09, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Nov 8, 4:06*pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies"
wrote:
I have sewn together all my little diamonds into larger diamonds now.
Each large diamond has nine little ones. *They are shaded light to dark
from end to end. *Gorgeous! *All the nine patch squares were already
done, so I'm ready to put it on the design wall. *Oh. No. *All 32 large
diamonds are sewn together incorrectly. *Every. *Single. *One. *They are
supposed to be shaded light to dark from side to side, not top to
bottom. *It took me at least 8 weeks or more to get them done. *For now
I am just going to walk away. *Sometime this week I will rootle around
and see if there is enough fabric left to cut them again. *I just can't
bear the thought of taking them all apart and resewing them - without
stretching, mind you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

It has happened to all of us at one time or in some way. Small
consolation that is though. I hope you can do a workaround. The
thought of trashing all that work is too much to think about.

John

The (Phoenix) Saga continues........... Pati Cook Quilting 2 November 13th 06 07:35 PM
The Sock Saga Continues Joy Yarn 6 May 21st 06 02:39 AM
OT -- The Saga Continues the black rose Quilting 41 December 6th 05 11:31 AM
OFF TOPIC: Surgery Saga continues Butterfly Quilting 9 December 26th 03 01:04 AM
OT but fun, hockey continues Cheryl Isaak Needlework 25 November 13th 03 10:54 PM