OT -- questions about QI

Old September 20th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Default OT -- questions about QI

My answer to all of these questions is "because she's a cat!" A cat
loves to keep you guessing. They'll change habits for no good reason.
Their main goal is to keep you off balance!! I speak from long
experience.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old September 20th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall[_3_]

Please describe how you install the masking tape, Edna?

"Edna Pearl" wrote in message

My favorite protection is loops of masking tape. If a cat tries to
scratch near it, the tape will come off and tangle on the cat. The cat
flies through the air with its paws whirring like a helicopter to get the
tape off of itself and then avoids the place where s/he got attacked by
the tape.
that are best left unexplored, like eating houseplants until it barfs.

EP

Old September 20th 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary O'Neill

Mary wrote:
To everybody who has a cat, I have some questions about mine, and will
appreciate your advice! Adele was a stray I adopted after she showed
up at my sister's house and simply would not leave. Neighbors began
to feed her and would take her in on cold nights, but enough is enough
and she really needed a real home. (This went on for about 8
months.) Nobody was looking for her, none of the local vets knew her,
and my sister was allergic and couldn't give her a home, and couldn't
find a home for her. So I decided to take her, and am delighted! She
is a gorgeous tuxedo cat with completely black face and white
whiskers, and is gentle and loving. The vet thinks she is about 2
years old and had been dumped. She is completely healthy and now
spayed, vaccinated, and microchipped (all of which she has forgiven me
for), and follows me around all day when she is not power-napping, at
which she is expert. I have always had dogs, and in fact have my
wonderful 8 year old mixed breed, Clara, the 45 pound wonder, who has
been a great sport about having a new roomie. It took a while, but
Clara and Adele have worked things out between them and are friends.
However, I do have a couple of questions about Adele.

One of my daughters has a tuxedo cat, Beverly, I love her! She's a
great cat. Right now I have three cats living in my home. I've had up
to seven, three not being mine. I've always had cats in my life, from
birth. My mom had Snowball from the time she was a kitten and would
sneak her in to the show aka movie theater. As an adult after I was born
she would sleep on the window sill by my crib. She attacked several
people when she thought they were hurting me. They were just playing
with me.

First, Adele will "find" a new napping spot and stay in it off and on
for a week or two, and then finds another. When she has run out of
"new" spots, will she return to her old spots?

She could just be trying places out. Each one of our cats have their
favorite spots. They aren't all the same. Sadie loves to sleep on the
back of the sofa, facing the wall. One of Samantha's is on for floor in
front of my husbands chest of drawers. Max likes sleeping under the
table next to my bed. Sometimes you can find all three of them on the
sectional with Sophie, our maltese! Some nights though when I go to bed
both my cats want to be next to me! My oldest cat Max likes to head
butt me at about 2 a.m. Or lay with his fur right in my face! It is
VERY annoying! Samantha likes to chew on my hair at any given time
during the night or morning. Thank goodness they don't do this every
day/night.

Why is it that the only water she drinks is from Clara's bowl? Clara
doesn't mind, but why is this? Adele has her own water bowl next to
her food, and I keep her bowls scrubbed and the water fresh, but she
only drinks from Clara's bowl (also kept scrubbed and full of fresh
water). Also, if Clara has slopped some water out, which is more
common as Clara ages, Adele drinks the slopped-out water first.

I agree with the other poster on what she can see best. Or any other
reason people gave to this. Sadie always puts her paw in to see where
the water level is.

How long do I need to keep newspaper/foil/etc. on a chair I don't want
her to sharpen her claws on? She has THREE scratching posts she likes
and uses, but wants to use my good chairs, too.

Once I got large scratching posts, the couches got to take a rest. The
bigger ones gave them room to stretch and reach while scratching.
Samantha does like to claw the carpeting still. But after this many
years with cats, really, it's up to them when they stop or not.

What is the deal with her apparent love of classical piano? Whenever
I sit down at the piano and play, no matter where she is she will come
running, jump up on the piano bench, rub and head-butt me, and even
play a few notes. When I had the movie The Pianist on TV the other
night she jumped up on my chair and did the rubbing and head-butt
stuff while he was playing at the beginning and the end of the movie.
Adele doesn't seem to pay the least bit of attention to any other
music -- just classical piano.

Yeah, cats are quirky!

I will appreciate any information and suggestions you might offer!
Many thanks!

Old September 20th 09, 11:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

HI Micky, I used to fold back the tape like you use it around your hand to
pick up lint, and place it where I didn't want my cat to be. Then it sticks
on almost everything, including your pet's feet! I have a dog now, instead
of a cat.
Barbara in SC

Old September 20th 09, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

So far as live music, if anybody is playing flute or recorder, Missy
is fascinated. She is the only one with that interest.

My Chloe likes REALLY HIGH PITCHED instruments. The sopranino recorder
brings her running to roll around rubbing herself against my toes in
ecstasy.

We have had to take to keeping the Oud (egyptian lute) in the bedroom
with the door locked because Jiji keeps trying to claw the case open.

See the pictures of Splodge he http://www.campin.me.uk/Cats/

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old September 20th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

What marvellous pictures, Jack. Thank you for the smiles.
..
In message , Jack Campin
- bogus address writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 20th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
So far as live music, if anybody is playing flute or recorder, Missy
is fascinated. She is the only one with that interest.

My Chloe likes REALLY HIGH PITCHED instruments. The sopranino recorder
brings her running to roll around rubbing herself against my toes in
ecstasy.

We have had to take to keeping the Oud (egyptian lute) in the bedroom
with the door locked because Jiji keeps trying to claw the case open.

See the pictures of Splodge he http://www.campin.me.uk/Cats/

They are gorgeous! Who needs lolcats when you have that bunch in the house!

Did those two ever redecorate the dolls house?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 20th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Splodge is handsome and funny. I lol at the cat on the towel
bar. Who can ever know why cats do what they do when you
see photos like that! Fun stuff.
Taria
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
So far as live music, if anybody is playing flute or recorder, Missy
is fascinated. She is the only one with that interest.

My Chloe likes REALLY HIGH PITCHED instruments. The sopranino recorder
brings her running to roll around rubbing herself against my toes in
ecstasy.

We have had to take to keeping the Oud (egyptian lute) in the bedroom
with the door locked because Jiji keeps trying to claw the case open.

See the pictures of Splodge he http://www.campin.me.uk/Cats/

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk
====
Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739
557
CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic
fonts
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted
******

Old September 20th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

That's it, Bobbie. I would just add that I like to use very long loops for
this purpose, to well and truly tangle up the cat. evil grin

EP

m...

Old September 20th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

On Sep 19, 11:48*am, Mary wrote:
[...]

Hi Mary and all,
Enjoy your kitty, Mary.

I have three cats....
I have a very large bowl that all my animals drink out of, haven't had
any complaints so far. ;-) Years ago I had a cat who refused to
drink from a bowl. She'd meow to get my attention and then run to the
sink and meow until I turned on the faucet, she'd have her fill and
then jump down. She also like to climb up onto the bathtub and visit
with me when I'd bath. She behaved more like a dog then a cat I'd
say.
I have tried the double stick tape without success to attempt a detour
from my tables, counters, etc. I haven't tried to double back the
duck tape though...I'm going to give that a shot. I do have a
climbing tree for my kitties, along with a couple of scratching card
board things that sit on the floor. They do use them and haven't had
too many issues with them clawing up my other furniture.

One of my kitties is giving me problems with wetting/spraying on top
of my blankets (where I tuck my chin over the top.) She doesn't do it
everyday. I don't know why she'd doing this. I do my best to clean
out the cat boxes everyday, started giving her a teaspoon of wet food
to help with urinary health. It is just awful to climb into bed to
find that my blankets are wet.
I have three dogs too, two of them sleep with me...one sleeps beside
the bed.

I have started shutting my bedroom door to keep her out! Any other
suggestions?

Questions [email protected] Yarn 7 April 3rd 05 03:27 AM
New Questions Please Tina Quilting 43 March 8th 05 01:27 PM
questions WInomad Quilting 7 February 28th 05 08:23 PM
6x6 questions [email protected] Yarn 18 May 31st 04 09:18 PM
eq5 questions Karlee in Kansas Quilting 20 December 17th 03 11:53 PM