Thanks all and special thanks to Patti

Old August 24th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

Default Thanks all and special thanks to Patti

"Patti" wrote in message
Oh, you *dear* people: Edna, Polly, Leslie, Jeanne, KJ, Michelle, Sandy
and all of you at RCTQ.
I have a few personal problems at the moment, and am not over-endowed with
high self-esteem! so I'd like you to try to think how much this thread is
meaning to me.

I'm really sorry you're going through a rough patch, but I'm also glad to
hear that our timing is good. We all can use a pat on the back every day,
and you sound like you deserve all the pats and appreciation you are getting
here and then some. It's obvious from this thread how much affection and
admiration you have earned here!

Edna Pearl

Old August 24th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sunny, that's a really heart-warming thing. I'd never have thought it,
but I love being helpful - (the old teacher in me never dies!!). There
is something about passing on tips, large and small. Saves centuries of
repeated errors - if I've made them, why should you g.
Thank you.
..
In message
,
onetexsun writes
Pat's advice and answers are the ones I watch for faithfully. Pat, I
really admire you. You are an amazing person as well as an amazing
quilter. What you do, and encourage us to do, is raising our craft to
the level of art. Thank you, and keep it coming. LOL

Hugs,
Sunny

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 24th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks so much Edna - you started it g
..
In message , Edna Pearl
writes

Old August 24th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julie[_2_]

On Aug 23, 1:20*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
You bet your boots, 'thanks to Patti'. *She's taught us some really neat
things. *I think my very best favorite 'Patti' is that if you press the
sashing of a block 'into' the block, it makes the block stand out a bit.
Not applicable at all times but a very special touch with the many fussy cut
critters that I use so frequently.
* * You'll want a copy of her book: *It is 'Geometrical Quilts' by Pat
Storey. *It is a treasure. *So is Pat. * Polly

Hi there,
Polly, could you or someone else explain what this mean? I have never
done sashing as my four quilts have all been Trip Around The World. I
am excited to try something new.
Thanks,
Julie in SFBA

Old August 24th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

hi Julie,
i'm not Polly, never gonna be close to this clever lady but i'm here reading
at the moment so i'll toss my thots into the pot here.
sashing is strips of fabric between blocks, a bit like wood that separates
window panes in a bigger window on some older homes (hope that makes sense).
pressing seams towards the blocks rather than back over the sashing will
give that extra lift under the edges of the block making it stand out that
wee bit more and the sashing recede. it is a real thing but its the visual
effect that i find fascinating. works on any blocks, any parts of blocks.
take a look at a few of your blocks and see where seams are pressed under
seem somehow to come forward and the adjacent part recedes abit. it is real
but who'd'a'thunk something so thin(the seam) could make such a difference.
sorry that is the only way i can think to explain it just now (only on first
cuppa tea here so maybe brain isnt all i might be yet, not that it is often
much more than vague, fingers crossed that made enough sense tho).
j.
(originally from SFBA, born and raised on the east side)

"julie" wrote...

Old August 24th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Now there's an idea - perhaps you should change your name to 'Pat on the
Back'!

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old August 24th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

so she'd be Pat on the Back Hill, gotta cover all the bases.
her hill might be behind another one, i've no idea, just following your
lead..
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

Edna Pearl wrote:
I'm really sorry you're going through a rough patch, but I'm also glad to
hear that our timing is good. We all can use a pat on the back every day,
and you sound like you deserve all the pats and appreciation you are
getting
here and then some. It's obvious from this thread how much affection and
admiration you have earned here!

"Patti" wrote...

Old August 25th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Yea! Jeanne. You done good. I missed the question because I was busy
playing with yet again another attempt to conquer the scrap bin. These
blocks are supposed to be sashed with black. Naturally . . . I'm going to
see what lime will bring to the party. Polly

Old August 25th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

naturally.
whats the quilt/block/design?
gotta love LIME, tis Mother Natures neutral afterall.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote ...

Old August 25th 09, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Smile! Good one Sally!!

Can't think of a half way decent response gg
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

PING: Patti C Connie[_2_] Quilting 1 August 14th 07 06:09 PM
Pinging Patti Beckibead Beads 1 October 3rd 06 01:18 AM
Hey Patti in Seattle NightMist Quilting 4 March 27th 06 04:06 AM
FS: Special Offer: Books on crochet, needlepoint, plastic canvas, mixed needlework, etc, shipping special also... marilyn safier Marketplace 0 January 16th 05 09:49 PM
OT from Patti Beads1947 Beads 1 September 20th 03 04:06 PM