May I come back now, please?

Old July 13th 09, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default May I come back now, please?

ta, patti,
i just couldnt be bothered checking my dictionary.
i knew i had it wrong but i get a lot of things wrong lately.
thanks again, now if i can only remember when i need it next.
j.

"Patti" wrote ...
Just so you know, it's 'throes' - but we knew what you meant!
No worries g
..
J* writes
sure you can come back, Nel.
dont worry about a litany of misery being inappropriate.
i'm still in the throws (sp?) of misery around here.
dont see it letting up soon either.
welcome back,
jeanne aka nzlstar*

Old July 13th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

i'm usually a stickler for spelling and grammer tho(sic) sometimes purposely
do either other than is correct.
yup, i asked and thanks for that, patti.
still working on the sanity around here.
tis very slow to get moving, sadly.
i just dont know how to act or what to do or what to say around home.
its very difficult for me.
its always the mothers fault as we all know or have read somewhere and i'm
just in a quandry all the time about that and well just everything.
thanks Kate and Patti for keeping me on the right path wherever it leads.
j.

"Patti" wrote...
Yes, I know, Kate; but J* did ask.

(You know I don't pick people up on spelling as a rule; and I, too,
regret the problems both have had).

"Kate XXXXXX" writes....
I think Jeanne's version was closer to reality, though... The slings
and arrows of outrageous fortune have been flung hard and fast, and,
sadly, without due care and attention to the fall-out for family,
friends, and sanity, in both her direction and Nel's.

I keep you both in my thoughts.

Old July 13th 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

had to ask dh how far 15miles is from here so i could drool some.
still a bit unsure, i've become totally metricized (is that a word) i guess
after 32yrs here.
i'm familiar too with all those damn pillars and posts.
if i had a bulldozer i'd knock'em all out of my way but alas i do not.
oh well.
you and kate have fun together real soon enjoying the museum and other
quilty pursuits.
j.

"Sartorresartus"wrote...
Thanks, everyone.

I like 'throws', I like that. (Sometimes spelling has a delicious
freudian slip, don't-you-think?)
I am far too personally acquainted with pillars and posts to know
where I am tossed currently. (Visions of streams and torrents come to
mind with the word current...)

However.... Onwards.

I find I am now living 15miles from the UK Quilting Museum.
http://www.quiltmuseum.org.uk/ It houses the Nation's Quilting
Treasures. What a joy it is to potter in and see what's about. And
they have a lending library for Members of the Quilters' Guild, too.
You can send for books if you want, but browsing is a lovely
distraction.

It's housed in old St Stephen's Guild Hall, so the architecture is
beautiful too. And there's a real ale pub outside too, to dump the
DHs. Either that or the Italian Deli and Coffee shop. But then there
IS the rest of York to explore.

They're a bit short of gadgets in the shop, as yet, but I'm working on
that...

Already joined their Monthly Group, and been to a Sandie Lush weekend
(she's a gem, and a damned fine teacher, too. Catch her if you can.)

Feeling smug... aren't I lucky?
Nel

Old July 13th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It's not the sort of word that crops up a lot g
..
In message , J* writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 13th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

On Jul 13, 1:15*pm, "J*" wrote:
had to ask dh how far 15miles is from here so i could drool some.
still a bit unsure, i've become totally metricized (is that a word) i guess
after 32yrs here.
i'm familiar too with all those damn pillars and posts.
if i had a bulldozer i'd knock'em all out of my way but alas i do not.
oh well.
you and kate have fun together real soon enjoying the museum and other
quilty pursuits.
j.

8km=5miles, so 24km. About 30mins, anyway. Except for parking.
Parking takes a little bit longer. Parking in York is a PITA.

As for the bulldozer, I could do with one of them as well.
In the meantime, I just take one day at a time, in case a gang of them
try to attack me all at once.

But that was last week.

Take care,
Nel
Old July 14th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Welcome back, Nel!

i haven't been here very long, couple years, but not long. I, sadly,
have not been
crowned anything, but am very happy being a subject of the realm.

amy in CNY (central New York state)
Old July 14th 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sarah Dixon

So will you be going to the Harrogate show in September?

I hope at some point to get to the museum, I'm just up the road in
Durham, but it depends on the kids. We spent this morning in Casulty
with lego stuck up DS2 nose, the car knows how to get to the hospital by
itself now!

Sarah

Old July 14th 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Sarah Dixon wrote:
So will you be going to the Harrogate show in September?

I hope at some point to get to the museum, I'm just up the road in
Durham, but it depends on the kids. We spent this morning in Casulty
with lego stuck up DS2 nose, the car knows how to get to the hospital by
itself now!

Sarah

Nel and I met in Durham...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old July 15th 09, 08:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

There are two: the September one, "Northern Quilts" which has personal
memories for me, and the Knitting and Stitching one in Novewmeber. To
my mind, that is the better one for buying, the former for quilt-
gazing. The classes are always good too, with some chance of getting
into one! It contracted for a few years, but I think it is on the up
again.

The November is always my Birthday Treat. Anyone who forgets my
birthday is reprieved by announcing that stash/gadgets/books can be
purchased at their expense!! Tee hee!

As I 'came' from other needle crafts, it is a magnificent show of
talents, and I love to wander amongst the lace-makers, the knitters
and the tapestries. I've no time for cross-stitch and card-stamping -
each to his own- but the oojermaflips and thingummybobs are wondrous
to behold! Many's the time I have come home clutching something
aquisitively to my ample bosom made specially for rockclimbing doll
enthusiasts that will be just the thing to make threads miraculously
cut themselves off and take themselves to the bin!

I live hopefully...

See you there. And wave at The Castle for me. Good-Times...

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

On Jul 14, 8:26*pm, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
Sarah Dixon wrote:
So will you be going to the Harrogate show in September?

I hope at some point to get to the museum, I'm just up the road in
Durham, but it depends on the kids. *We spent this morning in Casulty
with lego stuck up DS2 nose, the car knows how to get to the hospital by
itself now!

Sarah

Nel and I met in Durham... *

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Old July 15th 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sarah Dixon

I've been to the september one a few times as my group usually go. I
was going to enter this year but missed the emtry date as I was in
hospital with DS2 (went in for 1 week, ended up spending 3 weeks). I've
never made the november show and won't again this year as we're away.
My local group are having a quilt show at the end of November but I'll
post about that closer to the time.

SArah

We're Back!!! Eureka Stamps website is back! Sidny Rubberstamps 0 November 20th 05 09:02 PM
Gone and back again! Laurie G. Quilting 3 October 31st 05 05:57 PM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM
I'm back Packrat Quilting 8 February 9th 04 12:57 PM
TDB is back Miriam \Mim\ Spencer Quilting 6 January 11th 04 06:24 PM