hand piecing and quilting

Old July 12th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Default down the pooper was hand piecing and quilting

I'm having a tough time following this thread but I
think it changed topics at some point. Cindy, I am ok if
you don't like cleaning. You have to use the toilets
not me. : )
Taria

"teleflora" wrote in message

"Phyllis Nilsson" wrote in message
I'm with both of you.

My toilets haven't been cleaned in weeks, but I walk out of this house
with my head held high.

Cindy

Old July 12th 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

This thread reminds me of our family get-togethers. At all times, there are
at least 5 unrelated conversations going on and at least 3 who don't hear
very well and one or two that never listen anyway. You can't follow it all,
you just enjoy the love. Polly

"Taria" wrote, in part I'm having a tough time following this thread.

Old July 12th 09, 06:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

EH!!!???
nevermind nana, it wasnt important.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old July 12th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

That's just like our small quilt group. There may only be 7 of us...but
there are often three conversations going on...loudly.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 12th 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default hand piecing and quilting

Mea culpa!! I was intending to welcome ELLEN, our newbie. For some reason
(brain burp?) I got all twisted and answered Mary instead. Anyhow, Mary has
never sent me chocolate, so my message is not a total loss.
Snicker, PAT

"Patti" wrote in message
Mary isn't a newbie PAT. She knows all about you and your chocolate!
.

Old July 12th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Mary wrote:
Am I one of a dying breed? I enjoy piecing and quilting completely by
hand. I have 3 sewing machines, all working very nicely, but really
prefer to do everything by hand even though it takes a lot longer. My
only "modern" thing is that I use a rotary cutter and mat. Otherwise
I could probably be sitting on a log bench outside a log cabin . . .
So, are there others who love hand work and shun their sewing
machines?

Hi Mary,

I don't completely shun my sewing machines--in fact I've just recently
come to terms with them; they now know who is boss. :-) However,
because I was intimidated by the sewing machines (and as it turned out
didn't have a very good one), my very first quilt was totally
hand-pieced and quilted. I just used the sewing machine to attach the
plain outside border and the binding.

Since then, I've made two other hand-pieced quilts (both had curved
pieces) that were tied, and hand-quilted a round robin wallhanging.
However, I have made the transition to using the sewing machine as well.
I just finished hand-piecing a top that I intend to machine quilt--my
first foray into free motion. So as it stands now, I usually have one
or two quilts I'm doing on the machine, and one that I'm doing by hand.
I'm getting ready to start cutting for another Drunkard's Path which
will be pieced by hand, and probably hand-quilted as well.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada, USA
http://desertquilter.webs.com
Old July 12th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Ain't that the truth, Polly? We just had a 4th of July get-together
with some family--not all of them mind you. Most of the food was
prepared ahead of time, and our guests were here from Friday afternoon
to Sunday morning. I was totally exhausted afterward, and I think it
had to do with trying to follow multiple conversations!

Old July 13th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Phyllis Nilsson

Default Seam guide hand piecing and quilting

What a great idea! And I have some on hand.
"Sandy E" wrote in message
Howdy!

On some machines I've used a band-aid in place of a quarter-inch foot.
Works great. One machine went out of here to its new home w/ the
band-aid still on it; no extra charge! (I gave it to a friend who
did not look at me funny when I explained what it was for. G)
The middle part (pad) of the bandage sticks up just a bit, acts as
a very good guide.

R/Sandy- I'm cheap but I'm easy ...

Old July 13th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Phyllis Nilsson

You guys have such good ideas. One more to write down and keep.
"KJ" wrote in message
The good thing about the Post Its is they won't leave as much residual
adhesive as many kinds of tape. Painters tape works well too. I've seen
a demo of taking an exacto -type knife and slicing through several layers
of painters tape about two inches apart. Then peel off that "stack" and
use as the "dam/fence".

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

english paper piecing vs ordinary hand piecing Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 12 July 17th 07 11:54 AM
Hand Piecing/Hand Quilting mb from pa Quilting 6 November 23rd 06 06:46 AM
On hand piecing and crazy quilting... Dannielle Quilting 18 July 13th 06 01:11 PM
Hand Piecing teleflora Quilting 12 May 21st 06 06:46 PM
Hand piecing... Lina Quilting 14 March 13th 04 10:12 PM