Dear Jane Quilts

Old October 28th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

Default Dear Jane Quilts

You GO GIRL!!! you have much more patience than I.... Good luck and may
the next 224 go smoothly and quickly!
ME-Judy

"JPgirl" wrote in message
Well I dove...............

My MIL's name is Jane so I figured it would be the perfect quilt for
her!
I started drafting out some of the easier patterns that I could do
myself from pictures I found online and will get the book in a while
when I can afford it.
I should be able to make it completely from my stash except for the
background fabric which I have chosen to be plain white.
And for the kicker, each time I make a block, I make two more exactly
the same to go with them! One for my MIL one for my Mom and one for
me!
I have made up kits for 7 blocks with fabrics cut and a template in a
separate ziploc bag so far and I finished all three A1's yesterday!
I have to keep things so organized with this one or else I would end
up making more than a few blocks twice over!

1 block down........ 224 to go!

Wish me LUCK!

Old October 28th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kelly

Personally I would get the cd before the book (although I love the book). I
use my cd all the time. It has notecards on each block telling you whether
it is best appliqued, rotary cut or foundation pieced. then you can choose
the block, colour it in the colours you want to check to see how it looks,
print off the pattern (ie no more hand drafting), make the block, see tips
on how to make some of the blocks (the tips are invaluable) etc. I love my
cd and really it was inexepensive. I believe it is a stand alone piece of
software. I also have Dear Hannah (which are 4 1/2" blocks too) but haven't
used it much yet. I have thought about mixing the two different kind of
blocks and combining them with some of the Dutch Tile blocks but really I
love the Dear Jane so will do it seperately.

There is a dear jane list that has a block of the week and triangle of the
week. It kind of encourages you to keep moving on the quilt.

Good luck. It is an addictive quilt and sure improves quilting skills.

kelly in BC

Old October 28th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Great good luck to you, for this project.
Really ambitious idea.
..
In message
,
JPgirl writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 28th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

I doubt Tutu is making one again. She might have a book to donate. ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathyapplebaum/

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

You need the book?
You can have mine, it's in "just like new" condition.
(If I want to look at it again, read the letters, I'll borrow it from
the library.)
Let me know, d-i-l of Jane. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy - 'cause sometimes books just sit on the shelf..

On 10/28/08 9:12 AM, in article
, "JPgirl"

Old October 29th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

Thank you for the kind offers Sandy and Kathy.
I have contacted Sandy off list and we are working something out
Thanks for the good luck wishes too!

2 blocks down, 223 to go!
But I am working on this while I am working on other projects too!

Old October 30th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D[_2_]

If you'd like a taster of what they look like see mine GGG
here http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/biscuitnrabbi/

Mine has the title "Cow's Tail Jane" as I'm very slow. But I think about
the story of the Tortoise and the Hare and just trundle along at my own
pace..

Good luck with your's JPgirl!!! All 3 of them!!

Elly in Scotland

http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

.

Old October 30th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Wow, Elly, you've done loads!

I'll perhaps set mine out again and take a picture. Mine are
non-traditional. Great encouragement.
..
In message , Elly D
writes

Old October 30th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Thank you Patti!! Photobucket is really easy to use!! )
As I said below I am slow but slowly slowly catcha monkey as my dear
aunt used to say, LOL.
Looking forward to seeing yours
Elly

On Oct 30, 10:45*am, Patti wrote:
Wow, Elly, you've done loads!

I'll perhaps set mine out again and take a picture. *Mine are
non-traditional. *Great encouragement.
.
In message , Elly D
writesIf you'd like a taster of what they look like see mine GGG

Old October 30th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

Elly your blocks are gorgeous!
I look at some of them, in your album and in others and I keep asking
myself, what the heck am I gonna do when I get to that block!!! I
guess I'll have to figure them out one at a time, and I did find a
good blog that has nice instructions for the tricky blocks too. So
here is hoping that blog stays up until I am done!

Tammy

Dear Jane Elly Quilting 33 September 26th 07 11:16 PM
tutu's dear jane quilts DrQuilter Quilting 2 January 1st 06 06:10 PM
Dear Jane question Butterfly Quilting 6 October 18th 05 05:18 PM
Dear Jane? Karen Johnson Quilting 50 March 11th 05 10:19 PM
Dear Jane Quilts Betty in Wi Quilting 37 April 13th 04 12:45 AM