OT Weather

Old May 17th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Default OT Weather

This is getting a little spooky.
DH worked for Siemens/Stromber in Lake Mary until laid off.
We waited a year in an apartment to build a house. Moved in and three
weeks later he was laid off again. Happened earlier when he was laid
off from Harris after 15 years. I guess the whole thing started when
ITT bought the company he had worked for (again 15 years) in Ohio,
moved us to Fl. and closed completely in 4 years. This was a 100 year
old company.
DS lives in Ft. Walton Beach and it is really a long way up there.
Less travel time to visit brother in SC than to get to Ft. Walton.
I worked in Deland when we lived in DeBary, during the lay off time.
Not moving anymore unles forced.
Anna Belle

On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:24:41 -0500, "Donna in NE La."
wrote:

Small world, huh? We moved to Deltona from Pensacola in '87. My DH worked
for Siemens (previously Stromberg Carlson). Got laid off in '03 after 35
years--so to NE Louisiana we came. We'll be here for 2 1/2 more years and
then we will move back to Florida--Pensacola instead of Deltona, though.

I sure hope they catch the nut jobs that are doing this!!

Old May 17th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Twilight Zone, huh? I worked in DeLand, too. My Mom, Sis, DS's and Grandkids
all live in or near Pensacola so that is the reason for moving there when we
retire. And that will be our last move, too!!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old May 17th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Small World! During the winter, I am in Eustis! We sometime eat lunch at a
resturant in Deland when we go to Daytona.
Barbara, now in SC

Old May 17th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

We're looking at the St. Augustine area for retirement. Hubby has to be
near large bodies of water for surf fishing. Other family is in Ocala. I
would prefer the west coast but I get my quilting/craft studio, so he can
have his ocean and surf.

--
AliceW - Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

. ..

Old May 17th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

Default OT St. Augustine, was OT Weather

I love St Augustine! I live an hour from there, and Ocala. I like St
Augustine so much that's where DH and I got married, at a beautiful bed and
breakfast just across from the Castillo. I plan to head that way in a couple
of weeks for a day trip when I play hookey from work, provided gas isn't $5
a gallon by then.

--
Debi

Education is when you read the instructions. Experience is what you get when
you don't.
. ..

Old May 17th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Sounds like a great trade to me!! LOL

--
Donna in NE La.
. ..

Old May 17th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Do you ever get to the quilt shop in DeLand? The folks there are great!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old May 17th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

They opened after we moved away. I have heard good things. Used to
belong to Central Fl Quilter's Guild.
Won a raffle quilt at Barberville a few years ago. Irish Chain all
hand quilted, and made by the Deland Guild.
Now a member of Seaside Piecemakers in Melbourne.
I think I would enjoy either Pensacola or St. Aug. More difference in
season, but not enough to make another move.
Anna Belle

Old May 17th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Been to Eustis. Have seen the quilt shows at Mt. Dora and even stayed
at the INN in Mt. Dora one year for July 4. Nice area.
Anna Belle

Old May 17th 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I haven't been to the quilt shop there. I stay too busy in Eustis. For the
last 2 years the tornadoes have been just outside of Deland.
Barbara in SC now.

OT Weather Cats Quilting 10 February 8th 07 12:01 AM
OT-- weather maryd Quilting 12 March 30th 05 03:46 PM
Weather....OT [email protected] Yarn 1 September 5th 04 09:57 PM