wedding gift

Old August 28th 03, 12:11 PM
georg

Default wedding gift

Angel wrote:
Could some suggest a few patterns for a wedding gift, please? The colors
for my friend's wedding are black and white. And a possible reading of I
Corinthians. 13.

I did a stamped kit I picked up at AC Moore for my "adopted son"'s
wedding. I didn't know what their colors were; I did what the kit had.
It came out well, and I turned it into a pillow.

-georg

Old August 28th 03, 02:02 PM
Joan Erickson

Angel wrote:
Could some suggest a few patterns for a wedding gift, please? The colors
for my friend's wedding are black and white. And a possible reading of I
Corinthians. 13.

Seems to me something done in blackwork would be appropriate! Maybe
a blackwork border surrounding the verse? With a few silver metallic
threads in it for added effect?
Just an idea....
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.HeritageShoppe.com/heritage/temp/joan1.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old August 29th 03, 12:03 AM
Angela Livesay

Thank you for you suggestions. And please keep suggesting. I tried a
bucilla pattern ( i love it but it's beyond me at the moment).

Angela
Old August 29th 03, 03:24 AM
Mellissa Allison

Angela,

How about just backstitching a portion of the passage and their names and
wedding date underneath with a simple blackwork border around it? You can
find some blackwork borders at http://www.blackworkarchives.com/index.html.
You can print out graph paper at
http://id.mind.net/~zona/mmts/graphP...aphPaper1.html.
I have made some untraditional wedding samplers before and the best received
ones were the ones most reflective of the couple's wedding.

HTH!
Mellissa
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet

Old August 30th 03, 03:17 PM
HeyPaula21

I was going to suggest this one, too, Barbara. I did it for my DS and DBIL. I
believe it's included in their new wedding book (I forget the title, but it's
basically a "Best Of".) The one drawback is that there would be no way to to
work in the black and white part...

Paula H

I am doing a Stoney Creek sampler for my husband and I (I Corin. 13 was
a "theme verse" for us, on our bulletin covers and everything). It
definitely does not, however, fit the black and white theme. But the
passage is the whole center of the sampler.

Barbara H. J.