Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________==___ agymdovo

Old November 7th 04, 07:48 PM
Vicki Baylus

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________==___ agymdovo

Ok guys and dolls,

This is a wine making list, and so far it's been the most polite list that I
have ever read.

Let's make wine, not war, let's not talk politics or religion (except that
of Dionysius).

And for the record, I did not vote for the incompetent idiot . . . and I'm
not real happy either, but our system works, sorta . . .

Next time, I"m going to run for dictator . . .

Vicki B.

Old November 7th 04, 08:46 PM
Marlys in Indiana

In case no one has noticed, this is not the wine making list. This is
the quilt making list. ;-) (But that doesn't mean that I don't like wine
as well as quilting, also. ;-)

Marlys

Old November 7th 04, 09:04 PM
R-D-C

Cross posted to lots of lists in fact. Wine, textiles, quilting. Surely
there is a 'special' area for idiots to post to?

Old November 7th 04, 09:23 PM
Max Penn

Yes, but if you drink, don't quilt. Alcohol and thread don't mix.

(Sorry for adding to the static; just trying to turn a little nuisance into
something I can enjoy.)

Old November 7th 04, 09:24 PM
Max Penn

"R-D-C" wrote in message
Cross posted to lots of lists in fact. Wine, textiles, quilting. Surely
there is a 'special' area for idiots to post to?

Yes but they're too lazy to take a magic marker to a public toilet stall to
post on the walls there.

Old November 7th 04, 09:36 PM
Vicki Baylus

Sorry, did we cross post?

Vicki B.

Old November 8th 04, 07:16 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

"John A." wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:23:08 -0800, "Max Penn"
wrote:

Yes, but if you drink, don't quilt. Alcohol and thread don't mix.

You've never heard of a crazy quilt?

As for politics, I don't know who said it but my favorite election
quote is (paraphrased): "The people will vote for the candidate they
deserve." I think we can all agree that's universally true of all
elections.

JA

Love that one!
Besides, who are we to judge? If we decry Americans for their political
choices aren't we guilty of the same spirit of interference as we accuse
them of having? Really now, I don't have to like who was elected south of
the border. I am Canadian and it's really none of my business. Of course,
when elected (or otherwise) American officials and politicians try telling
Canadians what we should and shouldn't do is when I can and do get hot and
bothered. Unlike our 'cousins' across the pond, we told Bush et al to go
stuff himself when he demanded we join his coalition in Iraq. Canadians
pride ourselves on peacekeeping.....
Cynthia

Old November 8th 04, 11:30 AM
Sarge

wrote:

[...]

Love it too!
Don't kid yourself it is your business. 80% of your trade is with your
southern neighbors. You probably work for an American company directly or
indirectly. Therefore you are contributing to their bottom line.
Too bad you have no say in who gets elected. Seems unfair doesn't it?

Old November 8th 04, 05:36 PM
Bob

"Vicki Baylus" wrote in message
Ok guys and dolls,

This is a wine making list, and so far it's been the most polite list that

have ever read.

Let's make wine, not war, let's not talk politics or religion (except

that
of Dionysius).

Ok, no problemo!

And for the record, I did not vote for the incompetent idiot . . .

BUT!!! You just said.... I get it; this is one of those do as I say, not
as I do things....

Old November 8th 04, 05:38 PM
Bob

"Vicki Baylus" wrote in message