Janome 6500 and 300e

Old February 20th 04, 04:12 AM
Sami

Default Janome 6500 and 300e

Who has what? Why do you like it? Why not? Did you trade something
in, and what made you trade it? Thanks!
Old February 20th 04, 01:05 PM
Mauvice Murphy

I have the baby sister Janome 4800QC and love it. A friend at guild has the
6500 and raves about it. I love the buttonhole stitch , no other machine
has as fine of a stitch, I love needle down, it has a blandet stitch also,
and pressure adjustment on the foot.
I replaced an ancient New Home 6000, I would never trade her in! She still
sews beautifully.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA
remove no spam to reply

Old February 20th 04, 04:13 PM
Maine-iac Rose

I have the Kenmore brand of the Janome 5700 and love it. It does allot of
stitches, and the embroidery also. Although with the embroidery, when I
make my own designs, it doesn't fill in as good as the files I get free from
online. I originally wanted the Viking Rose, (more for the name) but
couldn't afford it, and the Kenmore was about $800 less than the Rose, so it
satisfied me.
I have heard allot of raving about the Janome's, and if I do need to get a
new machine, it will be a Janome.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns
add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me

Old February 20th 04, 05:02 PM
I.E.Z.

Sami wrote in message ...
Who has what? Why do you like it? Why not? Did you trade something
in, and what made you trade it? Thanks!

I have the Janome 6500. I didn't trade anything to get it. I like because
of the large work area to the right of the needle, the automatic thread
cutter, good tension, knee lift, adjustable pressure. In fact, there's
nothing about it I don't like.

Iris

Old February 20th 04, 05:13 PM
Sami

Well, good to hear what people have to say. Just saw one the other
day when I went to pick up long bobbins for my treadle at the dealers.
I have a Janome 8000 which I like/don't, and am thinking about what I
don't like about my 8000. One is the weight. Another is the fact it
starts the machine needle to the far left. What I am going to do
today is really test drive the 6500 a lot, and maybe the 300e just to
see about an embroidery machine. I am bringing some stuff, too. My
8000 is going to be traded in most likely for the 6500. All my
machines are metal and heavy - a treadle, featherweight (not heavy but
solid feeling), 99 and old Viking . . . The question of a free-arm
comes up with some people, but I have 2 free arm machines already, so
I don't think that will be a problem . . . I'll let you know what I
think. I am a sew-er rather than an embroiderer. This may be it.

Old February 21st 04, 12:14 AM
Beverly K. Pope

Last September I bought a Janome 6250QC (Quilter's Companion). While I was
pleased with most things on the machine, some of the stitches were limited
on the number of widths/lengths. So in January I traded up to a Janome 6500
Professional, and I am delighted with it for what I want to do. One
unexpected advantage is that the motor seems to be stronger than the other
machine, so it will probably hold up longer.

I purchased a Janome at my LQS, rather than another brand somewhere else,
because they treated me better. (They were not "pushy" and appeared
genuinely happy to see me.) I wanted a good relationship wherever I
purchased the machine. At my LQS they still act pleased to see me everytime
I go in there to ask questions or browse, even though they know I'm not
buying one again very soon.

--
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. bkpope at wt dot net

Old February 21st 04, 01:37 AM
Sami

Well, I took my 8000 and some peripherals I had to go with it - and
when all was said and done, I decided I would buy the machine. I got
a good price for the trade-in, and a good price on the 6500 - even
better as it was the floor sample and had about an hour usage on it (3
when I was done). My sewing machine store is great! They have been
in business over 40 years and have a great reputation and wonderful
service. I am looking forward to having this machine for awhile! Now
to finish up a quilt on it!

Old February 21st 04, 03:17 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article , Sami wrote:

Well, I took my 8000 and some peripherals I had to go with it - and
when all was said and done, I decided I would buy the machine. I got
a good price for the trade-in, and a good price on the 6500 - even
better as it was the floor sample and had about an hour usage on it (3
when I was done). My sewing machine store is great! They have been
in business over 40 years and have a great reputation and wonderful
service. I am looking forward to having this machine for awhile! Now
to finish up a quilt on it!

Congratulations! I was at a sewing show today and saw that machine
demonstrated. It really looked great. I have an old New Home - made by
Janome way back when - and it's been a very reliable machine. I hope
yours holds up as well.

marcella