What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 11th 03, 11:37 PM
Monique Reed

Mine is a dark blue with big white feathered stars that look like
snowflakes. The border is dark blue with hundreds of little triangles
and stars that look like more snow. It was a wedding present from my
dear, dear mother.

Monique in TX.

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Old September 11th 03, 11:52 PM
CNYstitcher

Yes. Store bought when first married. Matched the curtains and
sheets...doesn't match anything now. Decided on it because it had all
my favorite colors - burgundy, navy, forest green.

If we don't hound her, she might not do it. Hacing announced it in an
open forum where we can all see that she did say she was going to do it,
she now has no choice but to get to work.

Larisa

Old September 11th 03, 11:58 PM
juliasb(nospam)

that's an easy one. I have my "Joseph's Coat" quilt that I did. The
first time I saw a sample of this quilt was in a LQS, then found the
pattern in a book. I was hooked. It was one of the first quilts I hand
pieced and then quilted by hand. It is a very over sized king size
quilt and very very heavy. The fabrics are 1930 reproduction fabrics.
It is one of my favorite quilts. I go through an occasional phase when
I put on a different quilt. Just so I can launder the Joseph's Coat.
juliasb

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

Old September 12th 03, 12:06 AM
Diana Curtis

That sounds like thee most beautiful quilt I have ever heard of.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Connie Einarson" wrote in message
s.com...
Yes, I do have a quilt on my bed. No, I didn't make it. What does it
look like??

Well, to be gentle, it is so ugly it is cute. But it has a story to
tell. Fifteen years ago, our house burned down. We live just outside a
very small town, and everyone banded together to help us out. They had
a big shower for us, and the Lutheran ladies (not my church) presented
us with 5 quilts. They had been making them for missions in Africa, and
just picked 5 to give us. It is a queen sized quilt, made of polyester
2 inch squares. They are very dark squares and came from old polyester
leisure suits, I think. The backing is an old black prequilted
bedspread. It weighs a ton, is impossible to decorate around, and stays
on my bed because it makes me feel loved.

Connie from ND

Old September 12th 03, 12:13 AM
Clooniff

Not really. It's a comforter from a "set". I have quilts for it: a
bargello in pinks and browns and a red and blue card tricks. But DH has
taken to falling asleep ON the covers, fully clothed. Darned if I'll put a
nice quilt UNDER him, especially because all the covers migrate off his side
of the bed--he must roll over in the same direction all the time.

Of course LN will finish her quilt--someday. It took me eight years to
finish the card tricks.

Betty in CT

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old September 12th 03, 12:30 AM
frood

I suppose I should answer, or at least let you know why I'm asking. I do not
have a quilt on my bed that I made. We are currently using a vintage quilt
that I bought as a summer spread, but when the weather turns colder, we'll
house have at least 1 (most have 2) quilts on their beds, but I haven't made
one for DH and I yet.

When I finish my Millennium quilt (I do have until the next millenium,
right?), that will go on our bed, but not for everyday. I'd like that to
become an heirloom, so I don't want to use it much. Eventually, I'd love a
quilt for each season, and one for Christmas. But I have to start somewhere!
My favorite season is Fall, and my favorite song is Moondance, by Van
Morrison. I'd really love to incorporate the feeling I get when I hear that
song into a quilt. I'll know the idea when it comes to me, but I just want
to get an idea of what other quilters have on their beds, to help kick start
the design process. I'm not looking for suggestions from you all (it's a
very personal song to DH and I), I'm just trying to see what others do.

Old September 12th 03, 12:35 AM
Glenn/Patty

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Yes
Did you make it? Yes
What does it look like? Sampler quilt in burgandy's and greens
Why did you decide on that? It was the first quilt I ever made
Will LN really finish her own quilt? Sure she will

Patty in NWO

. com...

Old September 12th 03, 12:49 AM
Diana Curtis

Are we taking bets on LN finishing now???
what odds??
Diana, not much of a gambler

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Lisa Ellis" wrote in message
taria wrote:

Yes, yes, actually the courthouse steps quilt.
Won the squares. I change to my fall quilt pretty
soon. LN will finish a quilt some day and pigs
will fly!
Taria

I have some fabric with flying pigs on it...I'll see you some when LN
finishes...

lisae

Old September 12th 03, 01:04 AM
The Nielands

I sure do! It's a king-size rose sampler with a large center medallion in
burgundy, pinks (okay, mauves, I guess), and greens with an off-white
background. Oh, and it's in a garden maze setting. I made it with my very
own two little hands -- hand appliqued, machine pieced, and hand quilted. I
started it so long ago, I can hardly remember why! I think I happened to be
in my LQS when she received a new shipment of fabric. There was a paisley
that I fell in love with (a small paisley) that had a little gold, some
mauvy pink, a little burgundy, and a celery green -- really cool. At the
time, the burgundy and green combination was pretty popular, and I had never
done a hand applique quilt. So ... a quilt was born!

And, of course, LN will really finish her own quilt. Now that she's told us
all about it, she'll have to just to save face!

Louise in Iowa
. com...

Old September 12th 03, 01:05 AM
The Nielands

Oh, I don't know, I kinda' liked "bed."

Louise in Iowa
wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:17:36 -0700, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

Ummm... LN may be a shameless quilt hussy but I dont think even she will
stoop that low to get a quilt. rofl! I'm sorry Anna Belle, I couldnt

resist!
Diana

Just proves I need to proof read more!!!! BEG, Beg, not bed!!
AB