Baby quilt finished!

Old November 22nd 11, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default Baby quilt finished!

....don't you just LOVE getting an inviation just one week prior to the
event?

Fortunately, I started planning this quilt when I learned my niece was
pregnant (this baby makes me a great-aunt!!!) but I honestly didn't
expect the shower to be until mid-December since she isn't due until
January....

I had most of, but not all of, the blocks done...and I didn't even
have the backing fabric....so a trip to the QS was in order, and
several evenings and one Saturday of embroidering blocks, and marathon
piecing and quilting. I managed to finish it in time for my niece's
baby shower on Sunday and *thankfully* I didn't have to stay up all
night working on it.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...66907372hRphlY

Anyway, she loved it and that's the main thing

-Irene
Old November 22nd 11, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Beautiful, Irene. Simply beautiful. I'm so glad you didn't use brown and
avocado. If just One more mama-to-be chooses those colors, I'm just going
to throw up my hands and walk away. Actually, I've just ignored them and
made what I know babies like. Polly

Old November 22nd 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

I love it Irene.

My next quilt to make will be a baby quilt.
The baby isn't due until May so I should have plenty of time to get some
'brights'.

Dee in Oz

Old November 22nd 11, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I was just getting ready to cut fabric for a yellow brick road
focusing on happy frogs and turtles fabric. Today the grand-ma to be
came to ask me if I would put an angel in the quilt, a cowboy angel.
Because little Colton must surely have an angel watching over him to
get him this far along with all of his complications. So I am putting
that fabric away and doing a YBR cowboy style.

Ginger in CA

Old November 22nd 11, 09:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I simply love the idea of a cowboy angel!
..
In message
,
Ginger in CA writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Old November 22nd 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I love it, too! Wonderful quilt.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Finished baby quilt Estelle Gallagher Quilting 30 February 9th 09 06:29 PM
finished : baby quilt Morag in Scotland Quilting 21 July 9th 07 04:41 PM
finished baby quilt Sandy Quilting 36 February 10th 07 02:38 AM
Baby quilt finished!! Sunny Quilting 11 August 15th 06 09:10 PM
baby quilt finished!! A&T Quilting 12 February 14th 05 02:06 PM