hankerin' for a new machine, maybe?

Old November 21st 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Default hankerin' for a new machine, maybe?

ok, buying the DS that used little pfaff has started something in
me....i have a hankering for a new machine. My viking has been such a
workhorse, but i noticed that the new little pfaff practically purrs
it sounds so smooth. My viking? much noisier.

perhaps i'll take some time and look at some new machines. i'd
actually like something NON computerized (gasp!)....so does anyone
want to throw out their favorites?

betsey (and yes my favorite machine is still my 1937 featherweight!)
Old November 22nd 11, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

My all time favorite machine is my Bernina 930. It always sews
well but boy does it purr when it comes back from the shop.
(that is rarely but I can tell) My suprising other favorite is
my Brother 1500. It is straight stitch only but the large harp is
wonderful. I was fighting with my Janome 6600 the other day
and dh said pack it up and we'll go trade it in on different
machine. If it hadn't cost so much I would do that. I think my
930 spoiled me! That and I just don't like a computerized machine.
John had the same problem some time ago. Where is he hiding out?
If I had to get a machine now I think I would go for the TOL bernina
mechanical.
My FW's and 301's are fun too!
Taria

Old November 24th 11, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

"betsey" *wrote in message

ok, buying the DS that used little pfaff has started something in
me....i have a hankering for a new machine. *My viking has been such a
workhorse, but i noticed that the new little pfaff practically purrs
it sounds so smooth. *My viking? *much noisier.

perhaps i'll take some time and look at some new machines. *i'd
actually like something NON computerized (gasp!)....so does anyone
want to throw out their favorites?

betsey (and yes my favorite machine is still my 1937 featherweight!)

thank you Taria. My lqs is a bernina dealer...might have to wander
over there on friday!

Old November 24th 11, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You lucky rascal. How I would love to have a local Bernina dealer. Wow.
Happy day, happy day. Nothing sews like a Bernina. I have two 155, one
1230, and a 440QE - not to sound prejudiced. There's also a Singer and a
Viking out on loan ( probably permanent). BUT, choice of SM is such a very
personal thing. Choose something that makes you smile. Polly

Old November 24th 11, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

thank you Taria. My lqs is a bernina dealer...might have to wander
over there on friday!

Betsey, I hate to mention this but mercury is retrograde. Not such a
great time to buy or start new things. if you can possibly wait until
after Dec. 14 you might be even happier yet. I know lots (most) folks
don't follow astrology but I knock on wood too!
Any way around please report back when you get your new machine.
Taria
Old November 25th 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

"betsey" *wrote in message

ok, buying the DS that used little pfaff has started something in
me....i have a hankering for a new machine. *My viking has been such a
workhorse, but i noticed that the new little pfaff practically purrs
it sounds so smooth. *My viking? *much noisier.

perhaps i'll take some time and look at some new machines. *i'd
actually like something NON computerized (gasp!)....so does anyone
want to throw out their favorites?

betsey (and yes my favorite machine is still my 1937 featherweight!)

I'm going to go look...and i'm also going to bring my viking in to be
serviced (different sewing machine dealer) after the holidays...it
might be all it needs is a spa day to make me happy! (and yes, i quite
agree with you, the machine MUST make you smile!)
Old November 25th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Nov 24, 12:26*am, "Taria" wrote:
thank you Taria. *My lqs is a bernina dealer...might have to wander
over there on friday!

Betsey, *I hate to mention this but mercury is retrograde. *Not such a
great time to buy or start new things. *if you can possibly wait until
after Dec. 14 you might be even happier yet. *I know lots (most) folks
don't follow astrology but I knock on wood too!
Any way around please report back when you get your new machine.
Taria

Taria--
i don't follow astrology....but i can tell you this, i'll be waiting
until LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG after 12/14 to make a decision. I'm one of
those weird people that has to research the heck out of a topic.

Betsey

Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 07:39 PM
janome machine tension control broken + quilting machine suggestions Frank & Renee Quilting 1 May 22nd 05 09:49 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Marketplace 0 December 14th 03 06:52 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Quilting 0 December 14th 03 06:52 PM
Sewingtrader Ebay auctions - Machine Embroidery and Machine Knititng items. DS Sewing 3 July 25th 03 05:17 PM