Update

Old September 17th 10, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

Default Update

Would you believe that DH made $14.00 to much to get help on the power
bill!!! Thanks to all your prayers the Power Co took a partial
payment and we get to keep our power. BUT found out that the rent
check bounced so now we have to deal with the landlady who is one of
those 'I want my money now and I could care less what your problems
are.' Her DH was willing to work with us when we ran into trouble but
not her. I will be so happy when his disability finally goes thru. I
am sick and tired of living like this.
Old September 17th 10, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I so know where you are coming from. The first time I had to apply
for Income Support, I was earning 39p (about a dollar at the time) too
much to qualify. But when they were totting up my liabilitites they
disreagarded my Mortgage payments, because it wasn't rent. Had it
been rent, I would have got help. Barmy!

Now, I just have to deal with the discrimination people have with folk
with mental rather than physical disabilities. I have many of the
same needs, but I am judged on different criteria.

But I still reckon I am lucky beyond anything to live in a country
where healthcare is free at the point of need. The Lord Himself knows
how we would have dealt with things over the last few years if we had
had to pay for my treatment as well as everything else.

I hope the money comes through quickly for you. Is there not an
equivalent of our Citizen's Advice Bureau to go for Advocacy and
Intermediary assistance during this time? They have helped me keep
this side of the Macawber Equation many a time, and helped me deal
with hasty creditors.

Take care of yourself as much as you can, and be gentle with yourself.

Nel
(GQ)

Off topic, mostly.......Update on the update of how things are going. Pati C. Quilting 7 September 23rd 07 12:30 AM
AD & UPDATE: I've missed you all...(Update on me & new beads) Paulette Insall Beads 7 July 13th 06 06:09 PM
Update to the Crestfallen Update! Melissa in NJ Quilting 4 March 17th 05 06:53 PM
update on dd nadine hinkle Quilting 10 February 15th 04 01:43 AM
Nother Update OT Update on Karlee Sjpolyclay Beads 0 August 31st 03 02:04 AM