Been absent/ very long with prayer requests

Old September 15th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

Default Been absent/ very long with prayer requests

I lost the quilting bug and because of depression I have not been
reading or posting much in any of my groups so I thought I would try
and catch you up.
I lost the quilting bug over one little quilt. We are planing on
moving to Arkansas soon and have e filed for pemanent disability thru
the VA. He is at 90% right now. All they will tell him is that is
that it is in the works. Mean while we are borrowing from Paul to pay
Peter and it has come to the point where it just isn't working any
more. We have lost our phone and 2 different internets. By the grace
of God we were able to get the internet back, which we both need to
keep us sane. Tomorrow we may lose power if he can't get help or work
things out with the power company. He has tried to get help, but has
found out that if you don't have kids you don't count.

My youngest son and his family moved to Florida but has since moved
back, which I am very happy about. We have decided to get an RV once
we get the money and that way we can come back to Il to visit family
more easily.

Last Sat morning my nephew was hit by a train and has lost both his
legs and his left arm. DEAR GOD I HATE ALCOHOL AND WHAT IT DOES TO
PEOPLE. Yes he was drunk when it happened and the drunken friends he
was with I guess just went off and left him. Not real sure about that
part.

I ran out of my anti depressants about the same time everything
started going to pots and no money to go the Dr to get more. But have
found a way to get more and they have been a blessing. Sometimes you
gotta do what you gotta do.

I am on FB just look for the Kathy Dillan with the family picture.

I have started reading the Bible again thanks to a wonderful friend
and the antidepressants and my look out on life is a lot better.
Old September 15th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 15/09/2010 16:33, GrammyKathy wrote:
I lost the quilting bug and because of depression I have not been
reading or posting much in any of my groups so I thought I would try
and catch you up.
I lost the quilting bug over one little quilt. We are planing on
moving to Arkansas soon and have e filed for pemanent disability thru
the VA. He is at 90% right now. All they will tell him is that is
that it is in the works. Mean while we are borrowing from Paul to pay
Peter and it has come to the point where it just isn't working any
more. We have lost our phone and 2 different internets. By the grace
of God we were able to get the internet back, which we both need to
keep us sane. Tomorrow we may lose power if he can't get help or work
things out with the power company. He has tried to get help, but has
found out that if you don't have kids you don't count.

We may moan and wail about the NHS and having to jump through hoops for
DLA and other benefits, but give me our system over yours any day!
Fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon.

My youngest son and his family moved to Florida but has since moved
back, which I am very happy about. We have decided to get an RV once
we get the money and that way we can come back to Il to visit family
more easily.

Good luck. If it's not a rude question (I am incurably nosy!
Sorry!), why are you moving away?

Last Sat morning my nephew was hit by a train and has lost both his
legs and his left arm. DEAR GOD I HATE ALCOHOL AND WHAT IT DOES TO
PEOPLE. Yes he was drunk when it happened and the drunken friends he
was with I guess just went off and left him. Not real sure about that
part.

What a disaster. Prayers for his recovery (as far as possible) and
rehabilitation.

I ran out of my anti depressants about the same time everything
started going to pots and no money to go the Dr to get more. But have
found a way to get more and they have been a blessing. Sometimes you
gotta do what you gotta do.

((((((Kathy))))))

I am on FB just look for the Kathy Dillan with the family picture.

I have started reading the Bible again thanks to a wonderful friend
and the antidepressants and my look out on life is a lot better.

Good. Prayers are on that things keep looking up.

This is a timely reminder to get back on MY pills! Not
anti-depressants, but pain stuff: if I don't keep the pain down, the
depression sets in and then it's down hill all the way.

Pop back in when you can, read what you can, make a little something
when the sun shines for you. The bug will bite again when it wants to!
Keep us posted when you can too.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 15th 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I am so sorry to hear of all your problems! Hope that things will start
looking up soon. This morning I was paying vehicle taxes at the County
offices and there was a sign with a tel number to call and get a discount
card for meds at certain stores. Your state might have something similar.
Also, a lot of our local churches have their own small charity where they
help with small amounts of food. My very small church makes donations of
peanut butter and cans of beef stew, and a very few other canned items. It
isn't much, but every bit helps.Glad your son moved back.
Good luck with all this. Sure am sorry about your nephew.
Barbara in SC

Old September 15th 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Not being nosey at all. We have wanted to move to Arkansas for over 3
yrs now but money has stopped us. My oldest son, 2 of his kids,
andhis wife live there. I really want to get to know my DIL and my 2
grandkids. More importantly the Danville, Il VA is one of the worse in
the country and my son says the one by him in Arkansas seems to be
pretty good from the 2 times he has been there.
Old September 15th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

On Sep 15, 11:26*am, "Bobbie Sews More" wrote:
I am so sorry to hear of all your problems! * Barbara in SC

Barbara, food we have, it is the money for food we run short on. When
my DH was working he bought excess amounts of food for the freezer and
shelves. So we need to buy very little food right now.
Old September 15th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 15/09/2010 22:43, GrammyKathy wrote:

Not being nosey at all. We have wanted to move to Arkansas for over 3
yrs now but money has stopped us. My oldest son, 2 of his kids,
andhis wife live there. I really want to get to know my DIL and my 2
grandkids. More importantly the Danville, Il VA is one of the worse in
the country and my son says the one by him in Arkansas seems to be
pretty good from the 2 times he has been there.

Sounds like you NEED to move there! Best of luck with it all, and
fingers are crossed.

Old September 16th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

Kathy I am so so sorry to hear about your situation, but very glad
that you are reading your Bible again. Many are the prayers being
lifted on your behalf.

Musicmaker